|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fall 1987 - Spring 1988, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the boys use to hunt for garter snakes?
(a) a crowbar
(c) a cat
(d) railroad spikes
2. What is Bird Leg dressed in at his funeral?
(a) his basketball uniform
(b) jeans and T-shirt
(c) a new suit
(d) a white jogging suit
3. Where does Pharoah want Lafeyette to take him?
(a) to the railroad tracks
(b) downtown Chicago
(c) to the school year
(d) up to Canada
4. How do Lafeyette and Pharoah refer to the escalating gang wars and gun battles?
(a) as the death train
(b) as the excitement
(c) as the war zone
(d) as the boom box
5. Where do the larger boys play when they visit the railway tracks?
(a) in an empty box car
(b) under a box car
(c) in the tall weeds
(d) on the tracks
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children call the Henry Horner Homes?
2. Where does Bird Leg get his pets?
3. Why do the boys hurry home from the tracks as the sun goes down?
4. What is going on when Pharoah and the triplets come home from school three days after Lafeyette's birthday?
5. What evidence is there that Pharoah is comfortable in a classroom?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)