|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fall 1987 - Spring 1988, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children call the Henry Horner Homes?
(a) the jail or the dump
(b) the hole or the box
(c) the battleground
(d) Hornets, the projects, or the 'jects
2. What is Bird Leg dressed in at his funeral?
(a) his basketball uniform
(b) jeans and T-shirt
(c) a white jogging suit
(d) a new suit
3. What has caused Pharoah to faint?
(a) getting too hot
(b) the sounds of gunfire
(c) deeing Bird Leg get shot
(d) snakes at the tracks
4. Where does Bird Leg get food for his pets?
(a) pet food he shoplifts
(b) trash bins behind a Kentucky Fried Chicken
(c) left overs at home
(d) dead rats in the project
5. What are two main threats to the safety of Lafeyette and Pharoah at the Henry Horner Homes?
(a) trains and busses
(b) rats and snakes
(c) food and education
(d) gun battles and gang influences
Short Answer Questions
1. What impediment gets worse in Pharoah after all the summer violence?
2. When another person is killed, why do Lafeyette and Pharoah refuse to go to the funeral?
3. Why will Jimmie Lee not let Horner project boys join his gang and even warns them to stay away from drugs and gangs?
4. Where do the larger boys play when they visit the railway tracks?
5. How old was LaJoe when she first came to the Henry Horner Projects?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)