|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the first ones to arrive after Coyotito is stung?
(a) The priest.
(b) Juan Tomas and his wife Apolonia.
(c) The doctor.
(d) The fishermen.
2. When the pearl is brought to town, it holds all the men's dreams and desires.. and what else?
(a) A curious dark residue.
(b) A bright light.
(c) only happiness.
(d) All their money.
3. What is referred to as the bulwark against starvation?
(a) The crops.
(b) Kino's canoe.
(c) The sea.
(d) The fish.
4. What article of clothing says a lot about Kino's mood?
(a) His sandals.
(b) His straw hat.
(c) His pants.
(d) His boots.
5. Where does Juana sit on the canoe as they paddle out in Chapter 2?
(a) On the stern.
(b) On the bow.
(c) She's not on the canoe.
(d) In the middle.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what two things does Kino tie his two ropes to?
2. What does the doctor gives Coyotito in Chapter 3?
3. What does Juana want to do with the pearl in Chapter 4?
4. With what hand does the pearl buyer play with the gold coin before Kino arrives?
5. What is the baby's name?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)