|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Kino's grandfather bring the canoe from?
(c) He made it.
2. What do the fisherman do on the morning of Kino's pearl sale?
(a) They ransack his house.
(b) They leave their canoes on the beach.
(c) They rush out to find the next great pearl.
(d) They fight each other to use his canoe.
3. How old is Kino's tribe?
(a) 800-years old.
(b) 1,000-years old.
(c) Two decades old.
(d) 400-years old.
4. In addition to the bow and stern, what else is on Kino's canoe?
(a) A sail.
(b) A mast for a lantern.
(c) A hole to hold the oysters.
(d) A net.
5. What does Juana say when she sees the large oyster in Kino's hand in Chapter 2?
(a) Open it.
(b) Avoid the oyster.
(c) I want it.
(d) Crush it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal greets Kino by the fire on the evening he found the pearl?
2. What surprising thing does Juana do after Coyotito is stung?
3. What does the family eat every morning?
4. Who does Kino squat with the afternoon they find the pearl?
5. What comes near Kino when he is watching the water on the first morning?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)