|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kino become when he has the pearl?
(a) Every man's enemy.
(b) The richest man in town.
(c) Everyone's best friend.
(d) A nominee for sainthood.
2. Why does Juana get upset when she takes the poultice off Coyotito in Chapter 2?
(a) The poultice has changed colors.
(b) The poultice has infected his body.
(c) The poison has receded from his body.
(d) His body is now blue.
3. After trying to sell the pearl in Chapter 4, where does Kino hide it?
(a) Under the stone in the fire hole.
(b) Under his bed.
(c) In a corner of his hut.
(d) Under Coyotito's body in his hanging box.
4. In Chapter 3, why does the doctor say he didn't see Kino this morning?
(a) He wasn't in his office.
(b) He was at an important meeting.
(c) He wasn't feeling well.
(d) He was in Paris.
5. Where does the old man in the village ride to see Kino on his way to sell the pearl?
(a) On a donkey.
(b) On the back of the goat.
(c) On the shoulders of his nephew.
(d) on a chariot.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far away is the capital from Kino's home?
2. What body part looks blue to the doctor on Coyotito in Chapter 3?
3. What does the doctor gives Coyotito in Chapter 3?
4. As he holds the pearl in his hand in Chapter 3, which two songs merge together in Kino's head?
5. What is Kino's wildest dream about the pearl?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)