|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when the pearl buyers gave a fisherman a price that was too low?
(a) He gave his pearls to the church.
(b) He went to the next town and got a better price.
(c) He smashed his pearls to bits.
(d) He killed one of the pearl buyers.
2. What does Coyotito sleep in every night?
(a) With his parents.
(b) A hanging box.
(c) On the floor.
(d) A crib.
3. What is the last thing Juan and Kino say before parting in Chapter 4?
(a) An ancient ritual.
(b) "Go with God."
(c) They don't talk, only shake hands.
(d) The Lord's Prayer.
4. Why does Kino suddenly become afraid after talking about Coyotito's education in Chapter 3?
(a) Juana starts screaming about the scorpion poison.
(b) A bad person enters his hut.
(c) He has never said so many words together in his life.
(d) The neighbors try to steal his pearl from him then.
5. Where is Kino cut after the attack in Chapter 4?
(a) His legs.
(b) His back.
(c) His face.
(d) His shoulder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who watches Kino when he wakes up every morning?
2. What does Juana grab to help protect Kino against the attack after Juan leaves?
3. How many pearl buyers are there for Kino?
4. What color is the shawl that Juana wears to see the doctor?
5. What does Juana want to do with the pearl in Chapter 4?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)