|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Kino's grandfather bring the canoe from?
(b) He made it.
2. With what hand does the pearl buyer play with the gold coin before Kino arrives?
(a) His left hand.
(b) His right hand.
(c) He doesn't play with the coin at all.
(d) Both hands.
3. What makes the insect that stings Coyotito fall into Coyotito's bed?
(a) It lunges for his face.
(b) Coyotito reaches for it.
(c) The wind blows it into his bed.
(d) Coyotito laughs and shakes the rope.
4. What does the first pearl buyer in Chapter 4 say about the great pearl?
(a) It is a joke.
(b) It is too large.
(c) It is too small.
(d) It is too yellow.
5. What color is the water in Chapter 2 as Kino is diving?
(a) Bright green.
(b) Dark blue.
(d) Pale blue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the pearl wrapped in on the day of its sale?
2. What two animals roam the beach looking for food every morning?
3. What is a pearl made from?
4. What does Kino see when he looks at the pearl in Chapter 2?
5. What material makes up the homes by Kino's hut?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)