|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far away is the capital from Kino's home?
(a) 5 miles.
(b) 2,000 miles.
(c) More than 1,000 miles.
(d) 100 miles.
2. When the priest hears that Kino has found a pearl, what is his first thought?
(a) Blessing Coyotito.
(b) Repairs necessary for the church.
(c) Marrying Kino and Juana.
(d) Kino's salvation.
3. What does Kino become when he has the pearl?
(a) Everyone's best friend.
(b) A nominee for sainthood.
(c) Every man's enemy.
(d) The richest man in town.
4. What does Kino do with the insect after it bites Coyotito?
(a) Nothing; he's too stunned.
(b) Mashes it into a paste in his hands.
(c) Beats it with a rock.
(d) Tries to pick it up.
5. What does Juana dress Coyotito in on the morning of the pearl sale?
(a) A brown sack.
(b) He's covered in seaweed.
(c) A shawl.
(d) His baptism clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the doctor imagine the pearl will take him?
2. How does the priest treat Kino and his family in Chapter 3?
3. What does the doctor say when he hears about Kino's pearl?
4. What happened when the pearl buyers gave a fisherman a price that was too low?
5. What does Juana grab to help protect Kino against the attack after Juan leaves?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)