|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only man that can walk by Kino?
(a) Juan Tomas.
(b) The oldest man in the village.
(c) The priest.
(d) The sheriff.
2. What do the other canoeists do when Kino reacts to his pearl in Chapter 2?
(a) Scream at him.
(b) Start diving on his oysters.
(c) Try to tip over his canoe.
(d) Paddle to him.
3. What is the name of Kino's town?
(b) La Paz.
(c) The name is not given.
(d) La Truce.
4. In Chapter 2, what two things does Kino tie his two ropes to?
(a) A heavy stone and a basket.
(b) The boat and a bunch of oysters.
(c) A basket and the boat.
(d) The boat and a heavy stone.
5. Where does Juana sit on the canoe as they paddle out in Chapter 2?
(a) In the middle.
(b) On the stern.
(c) She's not on the canoe.
(d) On the bow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the main character?
2. In addition to the bow and stern, what else is on Kino's canoe?
3. What is Kino's wildest hope for Coyotito with the pearl?
4. When the pearl is brought to town, it holds all the men's dreams and desires.. and what else?
5. Where did Kino's grandfather bring the canoe from?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)