|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What payment does Kino offer the doctor?
(a) His canoe.
(b) One tiny pearl.
(c) Eight misshapen pearls.
2. In addition to the bow and stern, what else is on Kino's canoe?
(a) A net.
(b) A mast for a lantern.
(c) A hole to hold the oysters.
(d) A sail.
3. What does Juana say when she sees the large oyster in Kino's hand in Chapter 2?
(a) Crush it.
(b) I want it.
(c) Open it.
(d) Avoid the oyster.
4. What does Juana say to herself after Coyotito is stung?
(a) She says nothing at all.
(b) She screams.
(c) "Hail Mary."
(d) "Song of Evil."
5. What does Juana put as a poultice on Coyotito's sting?
(b) A dead fish.
(c) Salt water.
(d) Brown seaweed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is not something the doctor threatens will happen to Coyotito because of the insect sting?
2. What material makes up the homes by Kino's hut?
3. What does Kino become when he has the pearl?
4. What is the town compared to in Chapter 3?
5. What is a pearl made from?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)