|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action does Juana perform on Coyotito after he is stung?
(a) Puts a mixed concoction on the area.
(b) Rubs the puncture wound with her hand.
(c) Slaps his wound area.
(d) Sucks the puncture wound.
2. In Chapter 3, what does the town say that Kino has found?
(a) A huge fish.
(c) The Pearl of the World.
(d) A large pearl.
3. What does Kino see when he looks at the pearl in Chapter 2?
(d) Dreams forming.
4. Where does the old man in the village ride to see Kino on his way to sell the pearl?
(a) on a chariot.
(b) On the back of the goat.
(c) On the shoulders of his nephew.
(d) On a donkey.
5. What does Juana grab to help protect Kino against the attack after Juan leaves?
(a) A stone from the fire hole.
(b) A sharp knife.
(c) A large stick.
(d) Her shoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kino's wildest hope for Coyotito with the pearl?
2. After he is attacked in Chapter 4, what does Kino vow to do in the morning?
3. What city does the doctor dream of?
4. What is the thing of highest value for Kino and his family?
5. Which one of these things does Kino not put in his canoe in Chapter 2?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)