|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the water in Chapter 2 as Kino is diving?
(b) Bright green.
(c) Pale blue.
(d) Dark blue.
2. With what hand does the pearl buyer play with the gold coin before Kino arrives?
(a) Both hands.
(b) He doesn't play with the coin at all.
(c) His left hand.
(d) His right hand.
3. Other than the neighbors, who is the first visitor to Kino and Juana in Chapter 3?
(a) The doctor.
(b) The Priest.
(c) Juana's mother.
(d) The sheriff.
4. As he holds the pearl in his hand in Chapter 3, which two songs merge together in Kino's head?
(a) The song of hope and song of undersea.
(b) The song of family and of the pearl.
(c) The song of evil and song of family.
(d) The song of the undersea and the pearl.
5. What is not something the doctor threatens will happen to Coyotito because of the insect sting?
(a) Withered Leg.
(d) Crumpled Back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the insect that stings Coyotito fall into Coyotito's bed?
2. What does one pearl buyer call the great pearl?
3. In addition to the bow and stern, what else is on Kino's canoe?
4. What material makes up the homes by Kino's hut?
5. Why does Juana get upset when she takes the poultice off Coyotito in Chapter 2?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)