|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juana do when she hears Kino coming after her in Chapter 5?
(a) She throws a rock at him.
(b) She jumps in the water.
(c) She turns and faces him.
(d) She runs.
2. What does one pearl buyer call the great pearl?
(a) A beautiful thing of great value.
(b) A surprise.
(c) A fake concoction made by Juana.
(d) A monstrosity.
3. What stings Coyotito?
(a) A fire ant.
(b) A bee.
(c) A hornet.
(d) A scorpion.
4. Kino tells Juan that if he gives up the pearl, he will also lose ______________.
(a) His son's chance to go to school.
(b) His happiness.
(c) his soul.
(d) His livelihood.
5. What does Juana say when she sees the large oyster in Kino's hand in Chapter 2?
(a) Open it.
(b) Crush it.
(c) Avoid the oyster.
(d) I want it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these things is described in Chapter 2 as being on the bottom of the sea?
2. When the priest hears that Kino has found a pearl, what is his first thought?
3. What makes the insect that stings Coyotito fall into Coyotito's bed?
4. In Chapter 3, what does the town say that Kino has found?
5. What is the name of the wife in the story?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)