|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. in Chapter 5, why can Kino not leave via his canoe?
(a) Someone has stolen it.
(b) He doesn't want to risk getting lost in the sea.
(c) Someone has lit a fire on it.
(d) There is a huge hole in it.
2. Why does Juana get upset when she takes the poultice off Coyotito in Chapter 2?
(a) The poison has receded from his body.
(b) The poultice has changed colors.
(c) His body is now blue.
(d) The poultice has infected his body.
3. Other than the neighbors, who is the first visitor to Kino and Juana in Chapter 3?
(a) The sheriff.
(b) Juana's mother.
(c) The doctor.
(d) The Priest.
4. Who are the first ones to arrive after Coyotito is stung?
(a) The priest.
(b) Juan Tomas and his wife Apolonia.
(c) The fishermen.
(d) The doctor.
5. What does Kino imagine that Coyotito will wear after he buys new clothes?
(a) A button-down shirt for school.
(b) A large brown hat to shade his face.
(c) Bright socks with no holes.
(d) A blue sailor suit from the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the villagers not trust to show them clear lines and boundaries?
2. What do the beggars do when they hear about Kino's pearl?
3. How long will Juan hide Kino and Juana in Chapter 5?
4. What does Juana say to herself after Coyotito is stung?
5. What body part looks blue to the doctor on Coyotito in Chapter 3?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)