|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the lowest amount of money offered to Kino for the pearl?
(a) Two pesos.
(b) 500 pesos.
(c) 15 pesos.
(d) Ten pesos.
2. What does Juana dress Coyotito in on the morning of the pearl sale?
(a) He's covered in seaweed.
(b) A brown sack.
(c) A shawl.
(d) His baptism clothes.
3. What happens to Kino's home in Chapter 5?
(a) They allow another family to live inside it.
(b) They bulldoze it.
(c) The neighbors all stand around it, waiting for Kino to return.
(d) They ransack it and put a fire to it.
4. What does the welcoming pearl buyer put by his desk in Chapter 4?
(a) A small knife.
(b) A wad of money.
(c) A scarlet hibiscus flower.
(d) A silver pen.
5. What do Kino and Juan Tomas fear, as revealed in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. As he holds the pearl in his hand in Chapter 3, which two songs merge together in Kino's head?
2. What comes near Kino when he is watching the water on the first morning?
3. What does Juana say when she sees the large oyster in Kino's hand in Chapter 2?
4. What do the fisherman do on the morning of Kino's pearl sale?
5. What does Kino see when he looks at the pearl in Chapter 2?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)