|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song plays when Kino sees Juana making corncakes in Chapter 3?
(a) Song of the Home.
(b) Song of Happiness.
(c) Song of the Family.
(d) Song of Evil.
2. Why does Kino still keep the pearl despite all that happens in Chapter 5?
(a) He wants to sell it.
(b) He feels it is his misfortune and must bear it.
(c) He wants to keep it from the neighbors.
(d) He feels it will save him.
3. What surprising thing does Juana do after Coyotito is stung?
(a) She drops him on the floor.
(b) She walks out of the house
(c) She screams and attacks Kino
(d) She calls for the doctor.
4. What does Kino use to open his oyster?
(a) A rock.
(b) Another oyster.
(c) A strong, short knife.
(d) The side of the canoe.
5. Who visits Kino as Juana is making dinner in Chapter 3?
(a) Kino's parents.
(b) Juan and Apolonia.
(c) Two men; one is the doctor.
(d) The priest again.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Kino sing the Song of the Undersea?
2. After the priest leaves Kino's house in Chapter 3, what is Kino's reaction?
3. How does Juana keep Coyotito quiet during the day in Chapter 5?
4. What is Kino's canoe made from?
5. What is not something the doctor threatens will happen to Coyotito because of the insect sting?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)