|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. in Chapter 5, why can Kino not leave via his canoe?
(a) Someone has stolen it.
(b) There is a huge hole in it.
(c) Someone has lit a fire on it.
(d) He doesn't want to risk getting lost in the sea.
2. What does Kino do with the insect after it bites Coyotito?
(a) Nothing; he's too stunned.
(b) Tries to pick it up.
(c) Mashes it into a paste in his hands.
(d) Beats it with a rock.
3. Who raises a formal lament for the presumed death of Kino and Juana?
(b) The priest.
(d) Every woman in the village.
4. As he holds the pearl in his hand in Chapter 3, which two songs merge together in Kino's head?
(a) The song of evil and song of family.
(b) The song of family and of the pearl.
(c) The song of hope and song of undersea.
(d) The song of the undersea and the pearl.
5. How long will Juan hide Kino and Juana in Chapter 5?
(a) One hour.
(b) Only until a new night arrives.
(c) A month.
(d) A week.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many beggars are outside the church in Chapter 1?
2. What does Juana do to protect herself from the evil night air?
3. How does Juana react when she sees the dead man in Chapter 5?
4. Who does Kino say attacked him in Chapter 5?
5. Where is the town located near?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)