|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What body part looks blue to the doctor on Coyotito in Chapter 3?
(a) The puncture would.
(b) His eyelid.
(c) His shoulder.
(d) His skin.
2. Which of these things is described in Chapter 2 as being on the bottom of the sea?
(a) Spotted botete.
(b) Sea horses/
(c) Eel grass.
(d) Moray eels.
3. What does Juana pray for before they go out searching for pearls that morning in Chapter 2?
(a) That the priest will bless Coyotito.
(b) That Coyotito will miraculously recover on his own.
(c) To find a pearl that will save Coyotito.
(d) That the doctor will come back to save Coyotito.
4. How does Juana react when she sees the dead man in Chapter 5?
(a) She throws sand over him to try and bury him.
(b) She walks over him and continues home.
(c) She realizes they must save themselves.
(d) She screams and runs away.
5. Where does the doctor imagine the pearl will take him?
(a) To Rome.
(b) To Italy.
(c) To New York City.
(d) To Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Juan protect Kino and Juana from the neighbors in Chapter 5?
2. What happened when the pearl buyers gave a fisherman a price that was too low?
3. When the priest hears that Kino has found a pearl, what is his first thought?
4. What does the first pearl buyer in Chapter 4 say about the great pearl?
5. How does Juana keep Coyotito quiet during the day in Chapter 5?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)