|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two animals roam the beach looking for food every morning?
(a) Hungry dogs and pigs.
(b) Hungry goats and dogs.
(c) Hungry cats and mice.
(d) Hungry cats and dogs.
2. What action does Juana perform on Coyotito after he is stung?
(a) Sucks the puncture wound.
(b) Slaps his wound area.
(c) Puts a mixed concoction on the area.
(d) Rubs the puncture wound with her hand.
3. Why does Kino still keep the pearl despite all that happens in Chapter 5?
(a) He feels it is his misfortune and must bear it.
(b) He wants to sell it.
(c) He wants to keep it from the neighbors.
(d) He feels it will save him.
4. How much does the first pearl buyer offer Kino?
(a) A few dollars.
(b) A thousand pesos.
(c) A trip to the United States.
(d) Ten pesos.
5. In Chapter 5, what awakens Kino the first evening he is on the run?
(a) Juana removing the pearl from its hiding spot.
(b) Coyotito screaming.
(c) A sea full screaming.
(d) Neighbors throwing rocks.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what does the town say that Kino has found?
2. Kino tells Juan that if he gives up the pearl, he will also lose ______________.
3. What body part looks blue to the doctor on Coyotito in Chapter 3?
4. How does Juan protect Kino and Juana from the neighbors in Chapter 5?
5. Which of these things do not happen to a child with an insect sting in Chapter 1?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)