|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these things do not happen to a child with an insect sting in Chapter 1?
(d) Tightening Throat.
2. What does Juana do when she hears Kino coming after her in Chapter 5?
(a) She turns and faces him.
(b) She jumps in the water.
(c) She runs.
(d) She throws a rock at him.
3. What is Kino's first promise spoken out loud when asked about the pearl?
(a) That he will buy Juana jewelry.
(b) That he will buy a car.
(c) That he and Juana will be married.
(d) That he will move.
4. What article of clothing says a lot about Kino's mood?
(a) His straw hat.
(b) His pants.
(c) His sandals.
(d) His boots.
5. In addition to the bow and stern, what else is on Kino's canoe?
(a) A mast for a lantern.
(b) A hole to hold the oysters.
(c) A sail.
(d) A net.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kino still keep the pearl despite all that happens in Chapter 5?
2. What color is the ribbon that Juana ties her braids with?
3. After he is attacked in Chapter 4, what does Kino vow to do in the morning?
4. What does the doctor gives Coyotito in Chapter 3?
5. What is the name of the wife in the story?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)