|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kino still keep the pearl despite all that happens in Chapter 5?
(a) He feels it is his misfortune and must bear it.
(b) He wants to sell it.
(c) He wants to keep it from the neighbors.
(d) He feels it will save him.
2. Which one of these things was not borrowed by Juan for Kino?
(a) A bag of red beans and rice.
(b) A long knife.
(c) A block of salt.
(d) A rifle.
3. As Kino is preparing to leave in Chapter 5, Where does Juan tell Kino to avoid?
(a) The mountains.
(b) The shore.
(c) The town.
(d) The capital.
4. What is the last thing Juan and Kino say before parting in Chapter 4?
(a) They don't talk, only shake hands.
(b) "Go with God."
(c) An ancient ritual.
(d) The Lord's Prayer.
5. What payment does Kino offer the doctor?
(a) One tiny pearl.
(b) Eight misshapen pearls.
(d) His canoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the lowest amount of money offered to Kino for the pearl?
2. Who visits Kino as Juana is making dinner in Chapter 3?
3. How much does the first pearl buyer offer Kino?
4. What happens after Kino reacts to Juana moving the pearl in Chapter 5?
5. What is Kino's wildest dream about the pearl?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)