|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kino's house crowded with after the pearl's discovery?
(c) Oyster shells.
(d) Brown seaweed.
2. As Kino is preparing to leave in Chapter 5, Where does Juan tell Kino to avoid?
(a) The mountains.
(b) The town.
(c) The shore.
(d) The capital.
3. Why does Kino suddenly become afraid after talking about Coyotito's education in Chapter 3?
(a) A bad person enters his hut.
(b) The neighbors try to steal his pearl from him then.
(c) Juana starts screaming about the scorpion poison.
(d) He has never said so many words together in his life.
4. In Chapter 3, why does the doctor say he didn't see Kino this morning?
(a) He wasn't feeling well.
(b) He was at an important meeting.
(c) He was in Paris.
(d) He wasn't in his office.
5. How does the priest treat Kino and his family in Chapter 3?
(a) Like slaves.
(b) Like mute people.
(c) Like thieves.
(d) Like children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Juana get upset when she takes the poultice off Coyotito in Chapter 2?
2. What do the villagers not trust to show them clear lines and boundaries?
3. What body part looks blue to the doctor on Coyotito in Chapter 3?
4. What does the doctor say when he hears about Kino's pearl?
5. To what does Kino compare himself in Chapter 5, after losing his house?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)