Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pandora release amongst the mortals when she lifts the lid off her jar?
2. Who does Justice tell Zeus about?
3. What happens to the silver generation when Zeus puts them away?
4. How many days of winter are there according to 'Works and Days'?
5. According to 'Works and Days', when should a father die if a second son is born?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the story of the Eagle and the Nightingale. Why does Hesiod include this story in 'Works and Days'? What moral does it teach? Choose two elements of the fable and relate them to the overall theme of the poem.
Essay Topic 2
What is the role of a storyteller? How is the oral tradition important in preserving cultures? What role does storytelling play in Hesiod's poetry?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the concept of prophesy and how it is used in 'Theogony'. Is it possible to change a prophesy? Site examples from the poem to help your argument.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)