Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pandora release amongst the mortals when she lifts the lid off her jar?
2. Who does Justice tell Zeus about?
3. What happens to the silver generation when Zeus puts them away?
4. How many days of winter are there according to 'Works and Days'?
5. According to 'Works and Days', when should a father die if a second son is born?
Essay Topic 1
Explore the central theme in either 'Theogony' or 'Works and Days' . Describe how Hesiod demonstrates this theme in his work and the message the theme conveys.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the literary term voice and how it is used in 'Theogony'. Who is the voice in this poem and is it an effective choice?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Zeus' role amongst the Gods. Why is Zeus the father of all Gods? Choose one time in Hesiod's poem that Zeus is mentioned. What role does Zeus play in that poem and why is that role important?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)