|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What temperature, does Hesiod write in 'Works and Days', his brother should avoid?
2. What is Hesiod's parting advice in 'Works and Days'?
3. In 'Works and Days', where do the third generation's spirits travel?
4. What does the author not want the subject of 'Works and Days' to fall prey to?
5. In 'Works and Days', who does Hesiod create a fable for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How were the Muses conceived and discuss the role they play in Hesiod's poetry.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the ways women are described in Hesiod's work. How did the ancient Greeks view women? Site examples from the poems to enhance your argument.
Essay Topic 3
What is the relationship between Gods and mortals in Greek mythology? Compare and contrast this relationship with another religion you are familiar with.
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)