|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How close is the land of goodness?
2. According to 'Works and Days', who will punish those who are cruel?
3. Who reports to Zeus on the behavior of men?
4. What is Hesiod's parting advice in 'Works and Days'?
5. How many days of winter are there according to 'Works and Days'?
Essay Topic 1
Who is the audience Hesiod attempts to address in 'Works and Days' ? Why is it important for a writer to keep his or her audience in mind when creating a piece of art?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss what the title 'Theogony' means including the origin of the word. Why is the title relevant to the poem?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the literary term voice and how it is used in 'Theogony'. Who is the voice in this poem and is it an effective choice?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)