Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pandora release amongst the mortals when she lifts the lid off her jar?
2. Who does Justice tell Zeus about?
3. What happens to the silver generation when Zeus puts them away?
4. How many days of winter are there according to 'Works and Days'?
5. According to 'Works and Days', when should a father die if a second son is born?
Compare and contrast the creation story in 'Theogony' to that of another creation story of your choosing. How is Greek mythology similar to other creation stories?
Hesiod writes that the Gods place a great emphasis on work in 'Works and Days.' Why is work a benefit to the Greek Gods? Does Hesiod address this in his work? Should he? Support your conclusions with evidence from the text.
What is the symbolism behind the creation story as a birth process. Why do the Greeks describe creation as a birth where in other traditions the earth, trees, oceans etc. are simply created.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)