|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the third generation, in 'Works and Days', become spirits?
2. What reputation should men avoid according to 'Works and Days'?
3. What, according to 'Works and Days', are the men in the silver generation like?
4. What happens to the spirits of the men Cronos creates?
5. In 'Works and Days', who does Hermes deliver the maiden Zeus constructs to?
Essay Topic 1
What is the relationship between Gods and mortals in Greek mythology? Compare and contrast this relationship with another religion you are familiar with.
Essay Topic 2
Who is the audience Hesiod attempts to address in 'Works and Days' ? Why is it important for a writer to keep his or her audience in mind when creating a piece of art?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Hesiod's life and works and the achievements he made in his life. What is so important about his works 'Theogony' and 'Works and Days'?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)