|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Justice tell Zeus about?
(a) Muses who are lazy.
(b) Men with wicked hearts.
(c) Children who sin.
(d) Gods who commit treason.
2. What, according to 'Works and Days', are the men in the silver generation like?
3. Who does 'Works and Days' address?
4. What does Zeus provide man with in 'Works and Days'?
5. Who should give people wealth according to Hesiod's poem 'Works and Days'?
(a) Buisness owners.
(c) No one.
(d) The Gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, in 'Works and Days', can man tell the difference between?
2. What does Pandora release amongst the mortals when she lifts the lid off her jar?
3. Why, in 'Works and Days', is it important to choose oxen that are a certain age?
4. According to 'Works and Days', when should a father die if a second son is born?
5. What does not exist before Pandora walks amongst the mortals?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)