|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 'Works and Days', what does plowing too late in the season result in?
(a) No money.
(b) A bankrupt farm.
(c) A small yield.
(d) A draught.
2. How many kinds of strife exist according to 'Works and Days'?
3. Who is Justice?
(a) A Muse.
(b) Athena's daughter.
(c) Zeus's daughter.
(d) A mortal.
4. Who does Hesiod say teaches Zeus's maiden for the mortals about finery in 'Works and Days'?
5. Who do the men in the silver generation refuse to serve?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people, in 'Works and Days', can Zeus provide wealth to?
2. In 'Works and Days', how do members of the fourth generation die?
3. In 'Works and Days', when does Hesiod tell his brother he should chop wood?
4. In 'Works and Days', who does Hesiod say the God's will destroy?
5. In 'Works and Days', what is the name of the maiden Zeus prepares for the mortals?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the golden generation as written about in 'Works and Days'.
2. What does 'Works and Days' suggest a good man listens to?
3. What happens when Orion and Sirius enter mid-heaven according to Hesiod's 'Works and Days'?
4. Describe the creation of Pandora in 'Works and Days'. Why does Zeus create her?
5. According to 'Works and Days', at what age should an ox be when bought and why?
6. Describe the fourth generation as written about in 'Works and Days'.
7. What happens when Pandora opens her box?
8. Who, according to 'Works and Days', reports to Zeus about the behavior of men?
9. What, according to 'Works and Days', should be avoided during the harvest time?
10. Hesiod writes about the different generations in 'Works and Days'. Describe the third generation.
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)