|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 'Works and Days', what is the third generation like?
(a) Wise and gentle.
(b) Strong and violent.
(c) Foolish and silly.
(d) Weak and sad.
2. In 'Works and Days', what does Hesiod accuse his brother of?
(a) Stealing his inheritance.
3. In 'Works and Days', what makes both Gods and men angry?
4. In Hesiod's poem 'Works and Days', what does Zeus make man better than?
(a) The Mountains.
(c) The heavens.
5. In 'Works and Days', who does Hesiod create a fable for?
(a) The Gods.
(d) The reader.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the fifth generation never rest from in 'Works and Days'?
2. In 'Works and Days', who does Hesiod say the God's will destroy?
3. At what age does Hesiod suggest a man choose a wife?
4. What is Hesiod's parting advice in 'Works and Days'?
5. In what season does 'Work and Days' suggest a wagon be built?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)