|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does not exist before Pandora walks amongst the mortals?
2. What should be avoided during harvest time according to 'Works and Days'?
(a) Sleeping until dawn.
(b) Hard work.
(d) Staying up late.
3. According to 'Works and Days', if a man listens to wise council, what does it make him?
(a) A king.
(b) A young man.
(c) A foolish man.
(d) A wise man.
4. What will appear to man when spring begins according to Hesiod's poem, 'Works and Days'?
(a) A horse.
(b) A swallow.
(c) A woodchuck.
(d) A peacock.
5. What does Pandora release amongst the mortals when she lifts the lid off her jar?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to 'Works and Days', who will punish those who are cruel?
2. Who does 'Works and Days' address?
3. In 'Works and Days', how do members of the fourth generation die?
4. What reputation should men avoid according to 'Works and Days'?
5. Who, in 'Works and Days', teaches Zeus's maiden for the mortals about deceit?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)