|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds the object in 'Works and Days' that Zeus hides from mortals?
(a) Prometheus .
2. Who reports to Zeus on the behavior of men?
3. What temperature, does Hesiod write in 'Works and Days', his brother should avoid?
4. What does the fifth generation never rest from in 'Works and Days'?
5. What does Hesiod say is the best type of man in his poem 'Works and Days'?
(a) One who considers himself.
(b) One who is charitable.
(c) One who is wealthy.
(d) One who is poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, in 'Works and Days', is the fifth generation made of?
2. What reputation should men avoid according to 'Works and Days'?
3. What size ship should his brother use if he chooses seafaring, writes Hesiod?
4. In 'Works and Days', who teaches Zeus's maiden for the mortals about grace and beauty?
5. In 'Works and Days', what is the third generation like?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)