|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what season does 'Work and Days' suggest a wagon be built?
(a) The rainy season.
(b) The low season.
(c) The dry season.
(d) The high season
2. What does Hesiod write in 'Works and Days' that his brother should wear in the winter?
(a) A pair of sandals.
(b) Long johns.
(c) A thick coat.
(d) A wool hat.
3. Who does 'Works and Days' address?
4. How many days of winter are there according to 'Works and Days'?
5. What, in 'Works and Days', is the fifth generation made of?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to 'Works and Days', who will punish those who are cruel?
2. In the fable in 'Works and Days', who does the bird attack?
3. In 'Works and Days', where do the third generation's spirits travel?
4. What do idle men envy in 'Works and Days'?
5. Who does Hesiod write in 'Works and Days' that his brother should sacrifice to?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)