Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pandora release amongst the mortals when she lifts the lid off her jar?
2. Who does Justice tell Zeus about?
(a) Men with wicked hearts.
(b) Gods who commit treason.
(c) Muses who are lazy.
(d) Children who sin.
3. What happens to the silver generation when Zeus puts them away?
(a) They become guardians of mortals.
(b) They become the blessed spirits of the underworld.
(c) They become guardians of Gods.
(d) They go to Hades.
4. How many days of winter are there according to 'Works and Days'?
5. According to 'Works and Days', when should a father die if a second son is born?
(a) At old age.
(b) A father should never have a second son.
(c) At a young age.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to 'Works and Days', if a man listens to wise council, what does it make him?
2. Hesiod writes about a fable in 'Works and Days'. What bird is Hesiod's fable about?
3. What does a little plus a little equal according to Hesiod in 'Works and Days'?
4. What, in 'Works and Days', does Hesiod say his brother should avoid in the winter?
5. What, according to 'Works and Days', does Hesiod say provides food and is not a disgrace?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)