|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives birth to Zeus' first child?
2. Who eats Prometheus' liver?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A bear.
(d) A tiger.
3. How many heads does Geryones have?
4. What are the names of the Cyclopes?
(a) Brontes, Steroppes and Hera.
(b) Phoebe, Tethys and Cronos.
(c) Brontes, Steroppes and Arges.
(d) Phoebe, Tethys and Arges.
5. Who is Zeus' first child?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many heads does Chimaera have?
2. What is Athena's greatest gift?
3. How many muses are there?
4. According to 'Theogony', what gift does Zeus give to humans?
5. Who gives birth to Aether and Day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who assists Earth in 'Theogony', in seeking out revenge against Heaven?
2. Who does Hesiod write in 'Theogony' is responsible for putting singers on earth?
3. What prophecy does Cronos learn about his son in 'Theogony'? Describe the situation surrounding Zeus' birth.
4. Name three of the offspring of Nereus and Doris.
5. Which are Zeus' favorite son and daughter? What are their strengths?
6. Who does Hesiod claim gave him his voice in 'Theogony'?
7. Why are singers delivered to earth in 'Theogony'? What do the singers sing about?
8. Who does Hesiod give praise to at the start of 'Theogony'? Who is this person?
9. Who, according to 'Theogony', is the first entity to come into the world?
10. Describe Medusa and her death according to 'Theogony'.
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)