|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives birth to Doom, Fate, Death and Sleep?
(a) The Muses.
2. Which son, according to 'Theogony', decides to betray Heaven and help Earth recover his sons?
3. Who is the most awful child of Earth and Heaven?
4. Who gives birth to Aether and Day?
(a) Chaos and Night.
(b) Zeus and Hera.
(c) Erebus and Night.
(d) Earth and Eros.
5. What gift do Apollo and the muses give humans in 'Theogony'?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first of Ocean's children to help Zeus fight the Titans in 'Theogony'?
2. In 'Theogony', what story does the speaker ask the Muses to tell him first?
3. Who gives birth to the Cyclopes?
4. Why is Earth mad at Heaven in 'Theogony'?
5. Who is Hecate the nurse of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What revenge does Earth take upon Heaven in 'Theogony'? What happens as a result of this revenge?
2. Which God is responsible for holding up the heavens?
3. Who gives birth to Cronos? Describe Cronos' personality.
4. Name three of the offspring of Strife.
5. Which children does Heaven hate in 'Theogony'? Where does she hide those children?
6. Who does Hesiod tell the Muses to sing about at the end of 'Theogony'?
7. Whose conception does Hesiod describe at the start of 'Theogony'? What are the details of this conception?
8. In 'Theogony', who delivers princes to the mortals?
9. Who does Hesiod give praise to at the start of 'Theogony'? Who is this person?
10. Why are singers delivered to earth in 'Theogony'? What do the singers sing about?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)