|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which son, according to 'Theogony', decides to betray Heaven and help Earth recover his sons?
2. What does Zeus send to Menoetius in 'Theogony', as a punishment for his pride?
(c) A lightening bolt.
(d) A curse.
3. Who kills Chimaera?
(c) Pegasus and Bellerophone.
4. Whose conception does the speaker write about at the start of 'Theogony'?
(c) The Muses.
5. What is the speaker of 'Theogony' supposed to celebrate?
(a) The Heavens.
(b) The Muses.
(d) The Gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives birth to Doom, Fate, Death and Sleep?
2. Why is Earth mad at Heaven in 'Theogony'?
3. What are the names of the Cyclopes?
4. Where is Zeus born?
5. Where does Heaven hide the sons she hates in 'Theogony'?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who, according to 'Theogony', is the first entity to come into the world?
2. Who does Hesiod write in 'Theogony' is responsible for putting singers on earth?
3. Name three of the offspring of Nereus and Doris.
4. Which children does Heaven hate in 'Theogony'? Where does she hide those children?
5. In Hesiod's poem 'Theogony', how does Aphrodite come into being?
6. What prophecy does Cronos learn about his son in 'Theogony'? Describe the situation surrounding Zeus' birth.
7. What revenge does Earth take upon Heaven in 'Theogony'? What happens as a result of this revenge?
8. Who does Hesiod give praise to at the start of 'Theogony'? Who is this person?
9. Describe Medusa and her death according to 'Theogony'.
10. In 'Theogony', who delivers princes to the mortals?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)