|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Titans creator?
2. In 'Theogony', what story does the speaker ask the Muses to tell him first?
(a) How the first gods and earth came to be.
(b) How fire was invented.
(c) Who invented the wheel.
(d) How the rain came.
3. Who gives birth to Zeus' first child?
4. Hesiod tells the audience about a prophecy in 'Theogony.' What does Zeus do to his father that Earth and Heaven predicted?
(a) Kisses him.
(b) Hugs him.
(c) Overpowers him.
(d) Murders him.
5. What did the Muses give the speaker in 'Theogony'?
(a) A divine voice.
(b) A world as a stage.
(c) A fluent pen.
(d) A swift paint brush.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zeus receive as a reward in 'Theogony' for murdering Cronus?
2. What is Athena's greatest gift?
3. What do Chimaera's heads look like?
4. What is the job of the Muses that 'Theogony' deems most important?
5. Who does Prometheus steal for in 'Theogony'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Zeus create to punish the mortals in 'Theogony' since they accepted Prometheus' gift?
2. Name three of the offspring of Strife.
3. Name three of the offspring of Thaumas and Electra.
4. Who does Hesiod write in 'Theogony' is responsible for putting singers on earth?
5. In 'Theogony', how is it that Ocean's daughter Styx comes to live in the house of Zeus?
6. Which children does Heaven hate in 'Theogony'? Where does she hide those children?
7. What does Hesiod ask the Muses to tell him about in 'Theogony'?
8. Name three of the offspring of Nereus and Doris.
9. Describe the battle of the Titans.
10. Why does Zeus punish Prometheus in 'Theogony' and what is the punishment?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)