|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What creatures are above Typhoeus' neck?
(a) Fish and sharks.
(b) Snakes and dragons.
(c) Lions and tigers.
(d) Dogs and cats.
2. How many heads does Geryones have?
3. Who eats Prometheus' liver?
(a) An eagle.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A bear.
4. What happens to Prometheus' liver every day?
(a) It changes color.
(b) It reforms.
(c) It dies.
(d) It comes to life.
5. Who is the hound of Hades?
(b) The Minotaur.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Chimaera's heads look like?
2. Hesiod discusses the lineage of several Gods in 'Theogony'. Who is Zeus' father?
3. Where does Zeus tie Prometheus?
4. Who is the first of Ocean's children to help Zeus fight the Titans in 'Theogony'?
5. Apollo and the Muses give a gift to humans in 'Theogony'? Why did they give this gift?
Short Essay Questions
1. Name three of the offspring of Thaumas and Electra.
2. Describe the battle of the Titans.
3. What does Zeus create to punish the mortals in 'Theogony' since they accepted Prometheus' gift?
4. Why are singers delivered to earth in 'Theogony'? What do the singers sing about?
5. What does Hesiod ask the Muses to tell him about in 'Theogony'?
6. Why does Zeus punish Prometheus in 'Theogony' and what is the punishment?
7. In 'Theogony', which Muse does Hesiod deem the most important and why?
8. What prophecy does Cronos learn about his son in 'Theogony'? Describe the situation surrounding Zeus' birth.
9. In 'Theogony', how is it that Ocean's daughter Styx comes to live in the house of Zeus?
10. In Hesiod's poem 'Theogony', how does Aphrodite come into being?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)