|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 'Theogony', what does Atlas hold?
(b) The oceans.
(c) The globe.
(d) An arrow.
2. In 'Theogony', who kills Hydra?
3. According to 'Theogony', what gift does Zeus give to humans?
4. In 'Theogony', how does Zeus say men who will do not marry will be punished?
(a) They will live forever.
(b) They will be marked with a curse.
(c) They will have no one to take care of them.
(d) They will die a cruel death.
5. Which son, according to 'Theogony', decides to betray Heaven and help Earth recover his sons?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the job of the Muses that 'Theogony' deems most important?
2. Who is Hecate the nurse of?
3. Who is the speaker of 'Theogony'?
4. What does Zeus send to Menoetius in 'Theogony', as a punishment for his pride?
5. Where do the Muses live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who gives birth to the Titans in 'Theogony' and why are they given that name?
2. Name three of the offspring of Thaumas and Electra.
3. In 'Theogony', who delivers princes to the mortals?
4. Who does Hesiod give praise to at the start of 'Theogony'? Who is this person?
5. Who does Hesiod write in 'Theogony' is responsible for putting singers on earth?
6. Why are singers delivered to earth in 'Theogony'? What do the singers sing about?
7. What prophecy does Cronos learn about his son in 'Theogony'? Describe the situation surrounding Zeus' birth.
8. In 'Theogony', which God is known as the Old Man? What do we know about his personality?
9. Who gives birth to Cronos? Describe Cronos' personality.
10. List three of the offspring that Earth and Heaven conceive?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)