|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who eats Prometheus' liver?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A bear.
(d) A tiger.
2. How did the Titans receive their name?
(a) From Zeus.
(b) From a fearful deed they committed.
(c) From their father.
(d) From the Earth.
3. In 'Theogony', what story does the speaker ask the Muses to tell him first?
(a) How the first gods and earth came to be.
(b) Who invented the wheel.
(c) How the rain came.
(d) How fire was invented.
4. What animal do Ceto and Phorcys give birth to?
(a) A fish.
(b) A lion.
(c) A dog.
(d) A snake.
5. Where do the Muses live?
(a) Mt. Olympus.
(b) Mt. Fuigi.
(d) On the River Styx.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the hound of Hades?
2. What does Zeus send to Menoetius in 'Theogony', as a punishment for his pride?
3. According to 'Theogony', who springs forth from Medusa's wounds?
4. Who is referred to as the old man in 'Theogony'?
5. What is the speaker of 'Theogony' supposed to celebrate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the battle of the Titans.
2. Who gives birth to the Titans in 'Theogony' and why are they given that name?
3. List three of the offspring that Earth and Heaven conceive?
4. Who does Hesiod claim gave him his voice in 'Theogony'?
5. In 'Theogony', who delivers princes to the mortals?
6. Describe Medusa and her death according to 'Theogony'.
7. What does Zeus create to punish the mortals in 'Theogony' since they accepted Prometheus' gift?
8. Name three of the offspring of Strife.
9. Who gives birth to Cronos? Describe Cronos' personality.
10. In Hesiod's poem 'Theogony', how does Aphrodite come into being?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)