|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills Chimaera?
(b) Pegasus and Bellerophone.
2. Who does Hesiod claim in 'Theogony' lives in the house of Zeus?
(a) Lake's children.
(b) Ocean's children.
(c) Kindle's children.
(d) Styx's children.
3. How is Medusa killed in 'Theogony'?
(a) Her toes are cut off.
(b) Her head is cut off.
(c) She is shot.
(d) She is drowned.
4. Who gives birth to Ceto, Eurybia and Nereus?
5. Apollo and the Muses give a gift to humans in 'Theogony'? Why did they give this gift?
(a) To end sorrow.
(b) To entertain them.
(c) To give them knowledge.
(d) To make beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Zeus born?
2. Hesiod tells the audience about a prophecy in 'Theogony.' What does Zeus do to his father that Earth and Heaven predicted?
3. Who is the hound of Hades?
4. In 'Theogony', which sons does Heaven hate?
5. According to 'Theogony', who is the most important Muse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Name three of the offspring of Thaumas and Electra.
2. Which children does Heaven hate in 'Theogony'? Where does she hide those children?
3. Name three of the offspring of Nereus and Doris.
4. Who does Hesiod claim gave him his voice in 'Theogony'?
5. Which are Zeus' favorite son and daughter? What are their strengths?
6. Why does Zeus punish Prometheus in 'Theogony' and what is the punishment?
7. What does Hesiod ask the Muses to tell him about in 'Theogony'?
8. Why are singers delivered to earth in 'Theogony'? What do the singers sing about?
9. Which God is responsible for holding up the heavens?
10. In 'Theogony', how is it that Ocean's daughter Styx comes to live in the house of Zeus?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)