|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives birth to Toil, Forgetfulness and Famine.
2. Who is the Titans creator?
3. What gift do Apollo and the muses give humans in 'Theogony'?
4. What did the Muses give the speaker in 'Theogony'?
(a) A world as a stage.
(b) A fluent pen.
(c) A swift paint brush.
(d) A divine voice.
5. Which Goddess, according to 'Theogony', has privileges amongst the heavens, earth and sea?
(a) The titans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hercules' mother?
2. One of Heaven's sons greatly injures her in 'Theogony.' What does the blood of Heaven form after the betrayal?
3. What does Zeus distribute to the immortals in 'Theogony'?
4. How did the Titans receive their name?
5. Who gives birth to Heaven, Hills and Pontius?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whose conception does Hesiod describe at the start of 'Theogony'? What are the details of this conception?
2. Which are Zeus' favorite son and daughter? What are their strengths?
3. Who does Hesiod tell the Muses to sing about at the end of 'Theogony'?
4. Describe Medusa and her death according to 'Theogony'.
5. Who does Hesiod claim gave him his voice in 'Theogony'?
6. In 'Theogony', who delivers princes to the mortals?
7. Who assists Earth in 'Theogony', in seeking out revenge against Heaven?
8. Name three of the offspring of Nereus and Doris.
9. What revenge does Earth take upon Heaven in 'Theogony'? What happens as a result of this revenge?
10. In 'Theogony', how is it that Ocean's daughter Styx comes to live in the house of Zeus?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)