|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift do Apollo and the muses give humans in 'Theogony'?
2. Who gives birth to Themisto, Pronoe and Nemertes?
(d) Nereus and Doris.
3. Who is the most awful child of Earth and Heaven?
4. Where does Zeus tie Prometheus?
(a) To a bull.
(b) To a ship.
(c) To a banshee.
(d) To a rock.
5. Who is the first of Ocean's children to help Zeus fight the Titans in 'Theogony'?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many heads does Geryones have?
2. Who follows Aphrodite after her birth in 'Theogony'?
3. What animal do Ceto and Phorcys give birth to?
4. What does Hesiod claim in 'Theogony' that Prometheus steals from Zeus?
5. Who is the hound of Hades?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Hesiod tell the Muses to sing about at the end of 'Theogony'?
2. What prophecy does Cronos learn about his son in 'Theogony'? Describe the situation surrounding Zeus' birth.
3. Which God is responsible for holding up the heavens?
4. In 'Theogony', who delivers princes to the mortals?
5. Name three of the offspring of Night.
6. Name three of the offspring of Strife.
7. Describe Medusa and her death according to 'Theogony'.
8. Who does Hesiod give praise to at the start of 'Theogony'? Who is this person?
9. Name three of the offspring of Thaumas and Electra.
10. In 'Theogony', how is it that Ocean's daughter Styx comes to live in the house of Zeus?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)