|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many heads does Chimaera have?
2. In 'Theogony', who kills Hydra?
3. Which son, according to 'Theogony', decides to betray Heaven and help Earth recover his sons?
4. Who gives birth to Heaven, Hills and Pontius?
5. Who is the hound of Hades?
(a) The Minotaur.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Earth mad at Heaven in 'Theogony'?
2. Who follows Aphrodite after her birth in 'Theogony'?
3. Who rules over the sea?
4. In 'Theogony', how long do Zeus and Mnemosyne lay together prior to conceiving the Muses?
5. According to Hesiod's poem 'Theogony', how does Cronus try to prevent Heaven and Earth's prophecy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What revenge does Earth take upon Heaven in 'Theogony'? What happens as a result of this revenge?
2. Who does Hesiod give praise to at the start of 'Theogony'? Who is this person?
3. Name three of the offspring of Strife.
4. Describe the battle of the Titans.
5. Which are Zeus' favorite son and daughter? What are their strengths?
6. Who does Hesiod claim gave him his voice in 'Theogony'?
7. What does Hesiod ask the Muses to tell him about in 'Theogony'?
8. In 'Theogony', which God is known as the Old Man? What do we know about his personality?
9. List three of the offspring that Earth and Heaven conceive?
10. Name three of the offspring of Nereus and Doris.
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)