|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives birth to Ceto, Eurybia and Nereus?
2. Where does Heaven hide the sons she hates in 'Theogony'?
(a) Somewhere on Earth.
(b) Somewhere in Heaven.
(d) The mountains.
3. What did the Muses give the speaker in 'Theogony'?
(a) A fluent pen.
(b) A world as a stage.
(c) A divine voice.
(d) A swift paint brush.
4. Who is referred to as the old man in 'Theogony'?
5. How does Heaven's son betray her in 'Theogony'?
(a) He shoots her.
(b) He cuts off her members.
(c) He hides Earth.
(d) He sells a piece of her to Zeus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Titans creator?
2. What happens in 'Theogony' when Zeus murders Cronus?
3. Who eats Prometheus' liver?
4. What does Zeus distribute to the immortals in 'Theogony'?
5. Who rules over the sea?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who gives birth to Cronos? Describe Cronos' personality.
2. Name three of the offspring of Thaumas and Electra.
3. Who does Hesiod give praise to at the start of 'Theogony'? Who is this person?
4. Describe the battle of the Titans.
5. Who does Hesiod write in 'Theogony' is responsible for putting singers on earth?
6. Who does Hesiod tell the Muses to sing about at the end of 'Theogony'?
7. Whose conception does Hesiod describe at the start of 'Theogony'? What are the details of this conception?
8. Who does Hesiod claim gave him his voice in 'Theogony'?
9. Name three of the offspring of Nereus and Doris.
10. List three of the offspring that Earth and Heaven conceive?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)