|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who eventually give Zeus thunder?
(c) The Cyclopes.
2. Where is Zeus born?
(a) Lyetus of Crete.
(b) Rome, Italy.
(c) On top of a mountain.
(d) In heaven.
3. In 'Theogony', what do Tethys and Ocean's children become?
4. Where does Heaven hide the sons she hates in 'Theogony'?
(a) The mountains.
(c) Somewhere in Heaven.
(d) Somewhere on Earth.
5. At the end of Theogony, who does the speaker ask the Muses to sing about?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hesiod claim in 'Theogony' lives in the house of Zeus?
2. Who does Prometheus steal for in 'Theogony'?
3. Which Goddess, according to 'Theogony', has privileges amongst the heavens, earth and sea?
4. What creature does Hera raise to plague the Nemeans?
5. Why, in 'Theogony', is the woman whose guile is not to be withstood by men created?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Hesiod tell the Muses to sing about at the end of 'Theogony'?
2. Whose conception does Hesiod describe at the start of 'Theogony'? What are the details of this conception?
3. Who does Hesiod claim gave him his voice in 'Theogony'?
4. In 'Theogony', how is it that Ocean's daughter Styx comes to live in the house of Zeus?
5. What does Zeus create to punish the mortals in 'Theogony' since they accepted Prometheus' gift?
6. Name three of the offspring of Strife.
7. Name three of the offspring of Nereus and Doris.
8. List three of the offspring that Earth and Heaven conceive?
9. Which children does Heaven hate in 'Theogony'? Where does she hide those children?
10. Describe Medusa and her death according to 'Theogony'.
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)