|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hesiod claim in 'Theogony' that Prometheus steals from Zeus?
2. Hesiod tells the audience about a prophecy in 'Theogony.' What does Zeus do to his father that Earth and Heaven predicted?
(a) Overpowers him.
(b) Murders him.
(c) Hugs him.
(d) Kisses him.
3. What is the job of the Muses that 'Theogony' deems most important?
(a) Sing to Zeus.
(b) Feed dew to heaven-chosen princes.
(c) Create poetry for the Greeks.
(d) Feed Zeus grapes.
4. Who does Prometheus steal for in 'Theogony'?
5. How many heads does Chimaera have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Chimaera?
2. Who kills Medusa in 'Theogony'?
3. Where does Heaven hide the sons she hates in 'Theogony'?
4. Who gives birth to the Cyclopes?
5. In 'Theogony', who kills Hydra?
Short Essay Questions
1. In 'Theogony', which God is known as the Old Man? What do we know about his personality?
2. Name three of the offspring of Strife.
3. Who does Hesiod write in 'Theogony' is responsible for putting singers on earth?
4. Who gives birth to the Titans in 'Theogony' and why are they given that name?
5. Why does Zeus punish Prometheus in 'Theogony' and what is the punishment?
6. In 'Theogony', which Muse does Hesiod deem the most important and why?
7. Name three of the offspring of Nereus and Doris.
8. Who assists Earth in 'Theogony', in seeking out revenge against Heaven?
9. Describe the battle of the Titans.
10. Which children does Heaven hate in 'Theogony'? Where does she hide those children?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)