|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hesiod explain in 'Theogony' that Aphrodite is formed?
(a) From clay.
(b) From diamonds.
(c) From sea foam.
(d) From falling stars.
2. Who lives in a cave under a rock in 'Theogony'?
3. Where is Zeus born?
(a) Lyetus of Crete.
(b) In heaven.
(c) Rome, Italy.
(d) On top of a mountain.
4. Who is Hercules' mother?
(a) A mortal.
(b) A sea nymph.
(c) A muse.
(d) A God.
5. Who gives birth to Aether and Day?
(a) Erebus and Night.
(b) Zeus and Hera.
(c) Earth and Eros.
(d) Chaos and Night.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 'Theogony', which sons does Heaven hate?
2. Who gives birth to Ceto, Eurybia and Nereus?
3. Who does Hesiod claim in 'Theogony' lives in the house of Zeus?
4. According to 'Theogony', who is the most important Muse?
5. Which Goddess, according to 'Theogony', has privileges amongst the heavens, earth and sea?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Hesiod's poem 'Theogony', how does Aphrodite come into being?
2. Who gives birth to the Titans in 'Theogony' and why are they given that name?
3. Which are Zeus' favorite son and daughter? What are their strengths?
4. Who gives birth to Cronos? Describe Cronos' personality.
5. Who does Hesiod claim gave him his voice in 'Theogony'?
6. Describe Medusa and her death according to 'Theogony'.
7. What revenge does Earth take upon Heaven in 'Theogony'? What happens as a result of this revenge?
8. Who assists Earth in 'Theogony', in seeking out revenge against Heaven?
9. Describe the battle of the Titans.
10. Which children does Heaven hate in 'Theogony'? Where does she hide those children?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)