|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Prometheus try to fool Zeus in the poem 'Theogony'?
(a) He wears sheep's clothing.
(b) He slips him some wine.
(c) He tries to overthrow him.
(d) He unevenly distributes food.
2. What is Athena's greatest gift?
(d) The arts.
3. In 'Theogony', who kills Hydra?
4. Who kills Medusa in 'Theogony'?
5. Who do Thaumas and Electra give birth to?
(a) Iris, Harpies, Aello and Ocypetes.
(b) Epithetheus and Prometheus.
(c) Earth-Shaker and Zeus.
(d) Crato and Bia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the hound of Hades?
2. Where does Zeus tie Prometheus?
3. Who gives birth to Aether and Day?
4. What gift do Apollo and the muses give humans in 'Theogony'?
5. Where does Heaven hide the sons she hates in 'Theogony'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Zeus create to punish the mortals in 'Theogony' since they accepted Prometheus' gift?
2. Who gives birth to Cronos? Describe Cronos' personality.
3. Who, according to 'Theogony', is the first entity to come into the world?
4. Name three of the offspring of Thaumas and Electra.
5. List three of the offspring that Earth and Heaven conceive?
6. Which God is responsible for holding up the heavens?
7. Who does Hesiod claim gave him his voice in 'Theogony'?
8. Which are Zeus' favorite son and daughter? What are their strengths?
9. Who does Hesiod write in 'Theogony' is responsible for putting singers on earth?
10. Name three of the offspring of Nereus and Doris.
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)