Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pandora release amongst the mortals when she lifts the lid off her jar?
2. Who does Justice tell Zeus about?
(a) Men with wicked hearts.
(b) Gods who commit treason.
(c) Muses who are lazy.
(d) Children who sin.
3. What happens to the silver generation when Zeus puts them away?
(a) They become guardians of mortals.
(b) They become the blessed spirits of the underworld.
(c) They become guardians of Gods.
(d) They go to Hades.
4. How many days of winter are there according to 'Works and Days'?
5. According to 'Works and Days', when should a father die if a second son is born?
(a) At old age.
(b) A father should never have a second son.
(c) At a young age.
6. According to 'Works and Days', if a man listens to wise council, what does it make him?
(a) A king.
(b) A young man.
(c) A foolish man.
(d) A wise man.
7. Hesiod writes about a fable in 'Works and Days'. What bird is Hesiod's fable about?
(a) A canary.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A sparrow.
(d) A mockingbird.
8. What does a little plus a little equal according to Hesiod in 'Works and Days'?
(a) Less than before.
(b) A little.
(d) Much more.
9. What, in 'Works and Days', does Hesiod say his brother should avoid in the winter?
(a) The barn.
(b) The church.
(c) The stable.
(d) The smithy.
10. What, according to 'Works and Days', does Hesiod say provides food and is not a disgrace?
11. In 'Works and Days', what does plowing too late in the season result in?
(a) A bankrupt farm.
(b) A small yield.
(c) No money.
(d) A draught.
12. According to 'Works and Days', who will punish those who are cruel?
13. Who is Hesoid's brother?
14. When will the late plower compete with the early plower according to 'Works and Days'?
(a) When the seal barks.
(b) When Apollo sends rain.
(c) When Zeus sends rain.
(d) When the rooster crows.
15. How do the third generation, in 'Works and Days', become spirits?
(a) The Gods destroy them.
(b) They destroy each other.
(c) The Muses destroy them.
(d) A comet hits the earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why, in 'Works and Days', is it important to choose oxen that are a certain age?
2. In 'Works and Days', what is the name of the maiden Zeus prepares for the mortals?
3. What do the race of men created by Cronos enjoy in 'Works and Days'
4. How close is the land of goodness?
5. Who does 'Works and Days' address?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)