|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to 'Works and Days', what does Zeus hide from men?
2. What is the fourth generation like in 'Works and Days'?
3. What does Hesiod tell his brother to do, in 'Works and Days', if he wants wealth?
4. In 'Works and Days', how do members of the fourth generation die?
(a) At the hands of Zeus.
(b) At war.
(c) At sea.
(d) During an earthquake.
5. What, according to 'Works and Days', does Hesiod say provides food and is not a disgrace?
6. What does the fifth generation never rest from in 'Works and Days'?
7. What does not exist before Pandora walks amongst the mortals?
8. What size ship should his brother use if he chooses seafaring, writes Hesiod?
(a) A small ship.
(b) A large ship.
(c) A medium ship.
(d) 3 ships.
9. In 'Works and Days', who does Hesiod say the God's will destroy?
(a) Those who murder.
(b) Those who take anothers wealth.
(c) Those who sin.
(d) Those who go to war.
10. Hesiod discusses the plow season in 'Works and Days'. During the plowing season when will a worker rise?
(a) In the morning.
(b) In the afternoon.
(c) At night.
(d) He will never sleep.
11. What, in 'Works and Days', is the fifth generation made of?
12. In 'Works and Days', who does Hesiod create a fable for?
(a) The Gods.
(c) The reader.
13. Who do the men in the silver generation refuse to serve?
14. Who finds the object in 'Works and Days' that Zeus hides from mortals?
(d) Prometheus .
15. How many kinds of strife exist according to 'Works and Days'?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 'Works and Days', when does Hesiod tell his brother he should chop wood?
2. At what age does Hesiod suggest a man choose a wife?
3. Who is Justice?
4. What do the race of men created by Cronos enjoy in 'Works and Days'
5. What animal marks the time for plowing?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)