|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many muses are there?
2. Who gives birth to Ceto, Eurybia and Nereus?
3. Who does Hesiod claim in 'Theogony' lives in the house of Zeus?
(a) Lake's children.
(b) Ocean's children.
(c) Kindle's children.
(d) Styx's children.
4. How does Hesiod explain in 'Theogony' that Aphrodite is formed?
(a) From sea foam.
(b) From falling stars.
(c) From clay.
(d) From diamonds.
5. How is Medusa killed in 'Theogony'?
(a) She is drowned.
(b) She is shot.
(c) Her head is cut off.
(d) Her toes are cut off.
6. Who is the most awful child of Earth and Heaven?
7. What does the speaker learn from the Muses in 'Theogony'?
8. What animal do Ceto and Phorcys give birth to?
(a) A fish.
(b) A snake.
(c) A dog.
(d) A lion.
9. Who gives birth to Aether and Day?
(a) Erebus and Night.
(b) Earth and Eros.
(c) Zeus and Hera.
(d) Chaos and Night.
10. Who lives in a cave under a rock in 'Theogony'?
11. Who kills Chimaera?
(a) Pegasus and Bellerophone.
12. Where is Zeus born?
(a) Lyetus of Crete.
(b) Rome, Italy.
(c) On top of a mountain.
(d) In heaven.
13. Who does Prometheus steal for in 'Theogony'?
14. Who slays Geryones?
15. Where do the Muses live?
(a) Mt. Olympus.
(c) On the River Styx.
(d) Mt. Fuigi.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 'Theogony', what does Medusa suffer from?
2. Which Goddess, according to 'Theogony', has privileges amongst the heavens, earth and sea?
3. In 'Theogony', how long do Zeus and Mnemosyne lay together prior to conceiving the Muses?
4. Where does Heaven hide the sons she hates in 'Theogony'?
5. What is Athena's greatest gift?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)