|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Prometheus steal for in 'Theogony'?
2. How does Prometheus try to fool Zeus in the poem 'Theogony'?
(a) He unevenly distributes food.
(b) He tries to overthrow him.
(c) He wears sheep's clothing.
(d) He slips him some wine.
3. What prophecy do Heaven and Earth tell Cronus about in 'Theogony'?
(a) That he will live forever.
(b) That he will be overthrown by his son.
(c) That he will rule the gods.
(d) That he will be overthrown by his daughter.
4. Where does Heaven hide the sons she hates in 'Theogony'?
(a) Somewhere on Earth.
(b) The mountains.
(d) Somewhere in Heaven.
5. In 'Theogony', what does Atlas hold?
(a) An arrow.
(b) The globe.
(d) The oceans.
6. How does Hesiod explain in 'Theogony' that Aphrodite is formed?
(a) From diamonds.
(b) From clay.
(c) From sea foam.
(d) From falling stars.
7. How many heads does Chimaera have?
8. Where do the Muses live?
(a) Mt. Fuigi.
(b) Mt. Olympus.
(d) On the River Styx.
9. Which Goddess, according to 'Theogony', has privileges amongst the heavens, earth and sea?
(b) The titans.
10. What does Zeus distribute to the immortals in 'Theogony'?
11. What are the names of the Cyclopes?
(a) Brontes, Steroppes and Arges.
(b) Phoebe, Tethys and Arges.
(c) Phoebe, Tethys and Cronos.
(d) Brontes, Steroppes and Hera.
12. In 'Theogony', who kills Hydra?
13. Who gives birth to the Cyclopes?
14. What is Athena's greatest gift?
(c) The arts.
15. Who gives birth to Themisto, Pronoe and Nemertes?
(d) Nereus and Doris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What creatures are above Typhoeus' neck?
2. In 'Theogony', what do Tethys and Ocean's children become?
3. Who is the first of Ocean's children to help Zeus fight the Titans in 'Theogony'?
4. What did the Muses give the speaker in 'Theogony'?
5. Who rules over the sea?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)