|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the hound of Hades?
(c) The Minotaur.
2. What happens to Prometheus' liver every day?
(a) It comes to life.
(b) It changes color.
(c) It reforms.
(d) It dies.
3. Who gives birth to Aether and Day?
(a) Zeus and Hera.
(b) Chaos and Night.
(c) Earth and Eros.
(d) Erebus and Night.
4. In 'Theogony', what does Medusa suffer from?
(b) Being mortal.
(c) A heart attack.
(d) Being ugly.
5. In 'Theogony', what story does the speaker ask the Muses to tell him first?
(a) Who invented the wheel.
(b) How fire was invented.
(c) How the rain came.
(d) How the first gods and earth came to be.
6. Who gives birth to the Cyclopes?
7. Which Goddess, according to 'Theogony', has privileges amongst the heavens, earth and sea?
(b) The titans.
8. How did the Titans receive their name?
(a) From a fearful deed they committed.
(b) From their father.
(c) From Zeus.
(d) From the Earth.
9. Who does Prometheus steal for in 'Theogony'?
10. Who follows Aphrodite after her birth in 'Theogony'?
(b) Zeus and Hera.
(c) Eros and Desire.
(d) Eros and Jealousy.
11. Which son, according to 'Theogony', decides to betray Heaven and help Earth recover his sons?
12. What do Chimaera's heads look like?
(a) Different beasts.
(b) Different fish.
(c) Different Gods.
(d) Different humans.
13. How many heads does Geryones have?
14. Who gives birth to Doom, Fate, Death and Sleep?
(a) The Muses.
15. Who does the speaker praise in the beginning of 'Theogony' ?
(a) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zeus send to Menoetius in 'Theogony', as a punishment for his pride?
2. Why is Earth mad at Heaven in 'Theogony'?
3. Where does Heaven hide the sons she hates in 'Theogony'?
4. What did the Muses give the speaker in 'Theogony'?
5. How many heads does Chimaera have?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)