|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Prometheus steal for in 'Theogony'?
2. Who is the first of Ocean's children to help Zeus fight the Titans in 'Theogony'?
3. Who gives birth to Aether and Day?
(a) Zeus and Hera.
(b) Erebus and Night.
(c) Earth and Eros.
(d) Chaos and Night.
4. Where is Zeus born?
(a) On top of a mountain.
(b) Rome, Italy.
(c) Lyetus of Crete.
(d) In heaven.
5. What animal do Ceto and Phorcys give birth to?
(a) A lion.
(b) A fish.
(c) A dog.
(d) A snake.
6. The Muses tell a story to Hesiod in 'Theogony'. Who do the Muses say came into the world first?
7. Who rules over the sea?
(c) The mermaids.
8. How is Medusa killed in 'Theogony'?
(a) She is drowned.
(b) Her toes are cut off.
(c) Her head is cut off.
(d) She is shot.
9. Who is referred to as the old man in 'Theogony'?
10. How many muses are there?
11. Who do Ceto and Phrocys give birth to?
12. Why, in 'Theogony', is the woman whose guile is not to be withstood by men created?
(a) As the price for fire.
(b) Because man is bored.
(c) Because Zeus is bored.
(d) As the price for water.
13. In 'Theogony', what do Tethys and Ocean's children become?
14. Which son, according to 'Theogony', decides to betray Heaven and help Earth recover his sons?
15. Apollo and the Muses give a gift to humans in 'Theogony'? Why did they give this gift?
(a) To end sorrow.
(b) To make beauty.
(c) To entertain them.
(d) To give them knowledge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who eats Prometheus' liver?
2. Where does Heaven hide the sons she hates in 'Theogony'?
3. In 'Theogony', how does Zeus say men who will do not marry will be punished?
4. What does the speaker learn from the Muses in 'Theogony'?
5. How many heads does Chimaera have?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)