|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives birth to Doom, Fate, Death and Sleep?
(d) The Muses.
2. Who follows Aphrodite after her birth in 'Theogony'?
(a) Zeus and Hera.
(b) Eros and Desire.
(d) Eros and Jealousy.
3. Why, in 'Theogony', is the woman whose guile is not to be withstood by men created?
(a) Because man is bored.
(b) As the price for water.
(c) As the price for fire.
(d) Because Zeus is bored.
4. In 'Theogony', what does Atlas hold?
(a) An arrow.
(c) The globe.
(d) The oceans.
5. What creature does Hera raise to plague the Nemeans?
(a) A bear.
(b) A lion.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A turtle.
6. Where does Zeus tie Prometheus?
(a) To a bull.
(b) To a rock.
(c) To a banshee.
(d) To a ship.
7. How many muses are there?
8. How did the Titans receive their name?
(a) From a fearful deed they committed.
(b) From their father.
(c) From Zeus.
(d) From the Earth.
9. Who guards the Titans after they are defeated in 'Theogony'?
10. How does Zeus punish men who marry according to 'Theogony'?
(a) The will die a cruel death.
(b) They will live in a mixture of good and evil.
(c) They will cry forever.
(d) They will live forever.
11. What does the speaker learn from the Muses in 'Theogony'?
12. What does Zeus receive as a reward in 'Theogony' for murdering Cronus?
(a) Thunder and lightning.
(b) Tornados and hurricanes.
(c) Rain and hail.
13. In 'Theogony', what do Tethys and Ocean's children become?
14. What creatures are above Typhoeus' neck?
(a) Lions and tigers.
(b) Snakes and dragons.
(c) Dogs and cats.
(d) Fish and sharks.
15. How many heads does Geryones have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What prophecy do Heaven and Earth tell Cronus about in 'Theogony'?
2. Why is Earth mad at Heaven in 'Theogony'?
3. Who rules over the sea?
4. Who is the hound of Hades?
5. Who is the Titans creator?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)