|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who rules over the sea?
(a) The mermaids.
2. Who kills Medusa in 'Theogony'?
3. Why, in 'Theogony', is the woman whose guile is not to be withstood by men created?
(a) As the price for fire.
(b) Because man is bored.
(c) As the price for water.
(d) Because Zeus is bored.
4. Who slays Geryones?
5. What creature does Hera raise to plague the Nemeans?
(a) A bear.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A lion.
(d) A turtle.
6. What gift do Apollo and the muses give humans in 'Theogony'?
7. Who is the father of gods and men?
8. Who is the Titans creator?
9. Whose conception does the speaker write about at the start of 'Theogony'?
(c) The Muses.
10. Who guards the Titans after they are defeated in 'Theogony'?
11. What does Zeus receive as a reward in 'Theogony' for murdering Cronus?
(a) Rain and hail.
(b) Tornados and hurricanes.
(c) Thunder and lightning.
12. What is the job of the Muses that 'Theogony' deems most important?
(a) Sing to Zeus.
(b) Feed Zeus grapes.
(c) Create poetry for the Greeks.
(d) Feed dew to heaven-chosen princes.
13. Who is Hercules' mother?
(a) A sea nymph.
(b) A mortal.
(c) A muse.
(d) A God.
14. What happens to Prometheus' liver every day?
(a) It dies.
(b) It reforms.
(c) It changes color.
(d) It comes to life.
15. Who lives in a cave under a rock in 'Theogony'?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the most awful child of Earth and Heaven?
2. In 'Theogony', what do Tethys and Ocean's children become?
3. How does Zeus punish men who marry according to 'Theogony'?
4. Who eats Prometheus' liver?
5. How many heads does Geryones have?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)