|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first of Ocean's children to help Zeus fight the Titans in 'Theogony'?
2. How many heads does Chimaera have?
3. What do Chimaera's heads look like?
(a) Different humans.
(b) Different beasts.
(c) Different fish.
(d) Different Gods.
4. Who gives birth to Ceto, Eurybia and Nereus?
5. Who gives birth to Themisto, Pronoe and Nemertes?
(d) Nereus and Doris.
6. What creature does Hera raise to plague the Nemeans?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A bear.
(c) A turtle.
(d) A lion.
7. Which Goddess, according to 'Theogony', has privileges amongst the heavens, earth and sea?
(a) The titans.
8. Who rules over the sea?
(a) The mermaids.
9. What did the Muses give the speaker in 'Theogony'?
(a) A world as a stage.
(b) A divine voice.
(c) A swift paint brush.
(d) A fluent pen.
10. What does Hesiod claim in 'Theogony' that Prometheus steals from Zeus?
11. Who guards the Titans after they are defeated in 'Theogony'?
12. Who follows Aphrodite after her birth in 'Theogony'?
(a) Eros and Desire.
(b) Zeus and Hera.
(d) Eros and Jealousy.
13. Apollo and the Muses give a gift to humans in 'Theogony'? Why did they give this gift?
(a) To end sorrow.
(b) To make beauty.
(c) To entertain them.
(d) To give them knowledge.
14. What is the job of the Muses that 'Theogony' deems most important?
(a) Create poetry for the Greeks.
(b) Feed Zeus grapes.
(c) Sing to Zeus.
(d) Feed dew to heaven-chosen princes.
15. In 'Theogony', why do the Gods choose Zeus to rule them?
(a) He beats Typhoeus.
(b) He controls thunder.
(c) He controls lightning.
(d) He beat the Titans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What creatures are above Typhoeus' neck?
2. Who does Prometheus steal for in 'Theogony'?
3. Who gives birth to Heaven, Hills and Pontius?
4. Who is Hecate the nurse of?
5. According to 'Theogony', who springs forth from Medusa's wounds?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)