|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is referred to as the old man in 'Theogony'?
2. What did the Muses give the speaker in 'Theogony'?
(a) A world as a stage.
(b) A fluent pen.
(c) A swift paint brush.
(d) A divine voice.
3. Who gives birth to Zeus' first child?
4. Who is Hercules' mother?
(a) A mortal.
(b) A God.
(c) A sea nymph.
(d) A muse.
5. Who is the first of Ocean's children to help Zeus fight the Titans in 'Theogony'?
6. Who rules over the sea?
(a) The mermaids.
7. Which Goddess, according to 'Theogony', has privileges amongst the heavens, earth and sea?
(c) The titans.
8. Who does Hesiod claim in 'Theogony' lives in the house of Zeus?
(a) Lake's children.
(b) Styx's children.
(c) Ocean's children.
(d) Kindle's children.
9. How many heads does Geryones have?
10. In 'Theogony', where does Zeus' mother hide him?
(a) In the ocean.
(b) In a palace.
(c) In a tree.
(d) In a cave.
11. What gift do Apollo and the muses give humans in 'Theogony'?
12. How did the Titans receive their name?
(a) From their father.
(b) From a fearful deed they committed.
(c) From Zeus.
(d) From the Earth.
13. Who kills Chimaera?
(c) Pegasus and Bellerophone.
14. Who do Ceto and Phrocys give birth to?
15. What does Zeus distribute to the immortals in 'Theogony'?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the father of gods and men?
2. The Muses tell a story to Hesiod in 'Theogony'. Who do the Muses say came into the world first?
3. What does the speaker learn from the Muses in 'Theogony'?
4. According to 'Theogony', who springs forth from Medusa's wounds?
5. In 'Theogony', how long do Zeus and Mnemosyne lay together prior to conceiving the Muses?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)