|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Zeus born?
(a) On top of a mountain.
(b) In heaven.
(c) Rome, Italy.
(d) Lyetus of Crete.
2. How does Heaven's son betray her in 'Theogony'?
(a) He hides Earth.
(b) He sells a piece of her to Zeus.
(c) He cuts off her members.
(d) He shoots her.
3. What animal do Ceto and Phorcys give birth to?
(a) A snake.
(b) A lion.
(c) A fish.
(d) A dog.
4. How is Medusa killed in 'Theogony'?
(a) Her head is cut off.
(b) She is shot.
(c) She is drowned.
(d) Her toes are cut off.
5. Why is Earth mad at Heaven in 'Theogony'?
(a) She has an affair.
(b) She hid his sons.
(c) She betrayed him.
(d) She disobeyed him.
6. How many heads does Chimaera have?
7. Who kills Medusa in 'Theogony'?
8. In 'Theogony', who does Zeus honor above all the other Gods?
9. What does Hesiod claim in 'Theogony' that Prometheus steals from Zeus?
10. One of Heaven's sons greatly injures her in 'Theogony.' What does the blood of Heaven form after the betrayal?
(b) Night and Day.
(c) Erinyes and Nymphs
(d) Erinyes, Giants and Nymphs.
11. In 'Theogony', what story does the speaker ask the Muses to tell him first?
(a) Who invented the wheel.
(b) How fire was invented.
(c) How the rain came.
(d) How the first gods and earth came to be.
12. What creature does Hera raise to plague the Nemeans?
(a) A lion.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A bear.
(d) A turtle.
13. What does Zeus distribute to the immortals in 'Theogony'?
14. Who gives birth to Ceto, Eurybia and Nereus?
15. Where do the Muses live?
(a) Mt. Olympus.
(b) On the River Styx.
(d) Mt. Fuigi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives birth to Themisto, Pronoe and Nemertes?
2. Who kills Chimaera?
3. Who slays Geryones?
4. Who does Hesiod claim in 'Theogony' lives in the house of Zeus?
5. In 'Theogony', why do the Gods choose Zeus to rule them?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)