|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills Chimaera?
(c) Pegasus and Bellerophone.
2. Who gives birth to Aether and Day?
(a) Earth and Eros.
(b) Erebus and Night.
(c) Zeus and Hera.
(d) Chaos and Night.
3. In 'Theogony', what story does the speaker ask the Muses to tell him first?
(a) How fire was invented.
(b) How the rain came.
(c) How the first gods and earth came to be.
(d) Who invented the wheel.
4. In 'Theogony', what do Tethys and Ocean's children become?
5. What does Zeus distribute to the immortals in 'Theogony'?
6. Who gives birth to Toil, Forgetfulness and Famine.
7. Hesiod tells the audience about a prophecy in 'Theogony.' What does Zeus do to his father that Earth and Heaven predicted?
(a) Murders him.
(b) Hugs him.
(c) Kisses him.
(d) Overpowers him.
8. In 'Theogony', how long do Zeus and Mnemosyne lay together prior to conceiving the Muses?
(a) Thirty nights.
(b) Nine nights.
(c) Two nights.
(d) Twenty nights.
9. Who is the most awful child of Earth and Heaven?
10. Who lives in a cave under a rock in 'Theogony'?
11. What does the speaker learn from the Muses in 'Theogony'?
12. Who gives birth to Heaven, Hills and Pontius?
13. According to 'Theogony', who springs forth from Medusa's wounds?
(c) Hercules and Plato.
(d) Chrysaor and Pegasus.
14. What happens in 'Theogony' when Zeus murders Cronus?
(a) Cronus lives forever.
(b) Cronus dies.
(c) Cronus vomits up his children.
(d) Zeus does not murder Cronus.
15. Who is Hercules' mother?
(a) A muse.
(b) A mortal.
(c) A God.
(d) A sea nymph.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 'Theogony', what does Medusa suffer from?
2. In 'Theogony', who does Zeus honor above all the other Gods?
3. How many heads does Chimaera have?
4. Who gives birth to Doom, Fate, Death and Sleep?
5. Who slays Geryones?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)