Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift do Apollo and the muses give humans in 'Theogony'?
2. Who gives birth to Themisto, Pronoe and Nemertes?
(d) Nereus and Doris.
3. Who is the most awful child of Earth and Heaven?
4. Where does Zeus tie Prometheus?
(a) To a bull.
(b) To a ship.
(c) To a banshee.
(d) To a rock.
5. Who is the first of Ocean's children to help Zeus fight the Titans in 'Theogony'?
6. How many heads does Geryones have?
7. Who follows Aphrodite after her birth in 'Theogony'?
(a) Zeus and Hera.
(b) Eros and Desire.
(d) Eros and Jealousy.
8. What animal do Ceto and Phorcys give birth to?
(a) A snake.
(b) A dog.
(c) A fish.
(d) A lion.
9. What does Hesiod claim in 'Theogony' that Prometheus steals from Zeus?
10. Who is the hound of Hades?
(d) The Minotaur.
11. What does Zeus send to Menoetius in 'Theogony', as a punishment for his pride?
(a) A curse.
(b) A lightening bolt.
12. Who gives birth to Toil, Forgetfulness and Famine.
13. What does the speaker learn from the Muses in 'Theogony'?
14. How does Prometheus try to fool Zeus in the poem 'Theogony'?
(a) He slips him some wine.
(b) He tries to overthrow him.
(c) He unevenly distributes food.
(d) He wears sheep's clothing.
15. Who eventually give Zeus thunder?
(b) The Cyclopes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prophecy do Heaven and Earth tell Cronus about in 'Theogony'?
2. What does Zeus distribute to the immortals in 'Theogony'?
3. In 'Theogony', what story does the speaker ask the Muses to tell him first?
4. How is Medusa killed in 'Theogony'?
5. Who is the speaker of 'Theogony'?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)