|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Athena's greatest gift?
(d) The arts.
2. According to 'Theogony', who is the most important Muse?
3. Who is the hound of Hades?
(d) The Minotaur.
4. What did the Muses give the speaker in 'Theogony'?
(a) A divine voice.
(b) A fluent pen.
(c) A swift paint brush.
(d) A world as a stage.
5. Who eventually give Zeus thunder?
(c) The Cyclopes.
6. Who eats Prometheus' liver?
(a) A tiger.
(c) A bear.
(d) An eagle.
7. In 'Theogony', who does Zeus honor above all the other Gods?
8. What do Chimaera's heads look like?
(a) Different beasts.
(b) Different Gods.
(c) Different fish.
(d) Different humans.
9. Who is the Titans creator?
10. In 'Theogony', how long do Zeus and Mnemosyne lay together prior to conceiving the Muses?
(a) Two nights.
(b) Nine nights.
(c) Twenty nights.
(d) Thirty nights.
11. How does Heaven's son betray her in 'Theogony'?
(a) He cuts off her members.
(b) He sells a piece of her to Zeus.
(c) He hides Earth.
(d) He shoots her.
12. What is the job of the Muses that 'Theogony' deems most important?
(a) Feed Zeus grapes.
(b) Sing to Zeus.
(c) Create poetry for the Greeks.
(d) Feed dew to heaven-chosen princes.
13. Who gives birth to Doom, Fate, Death and Sleep?
(c) The Muses.
14. In 'Theogony', how does Zeus say men who will do not marry will be punished?
(a) They will die a cruel death.
(b) They will have no one to take care of them.
(c) They will live forever.
(d) They will be marked with a curse.
15. Who lives in a cave under a rock in 'Theogony'?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zeus receive as a reward in 'Theogony' for murdering Cronus?
2. What creature does Hera raise to plague the Nemeans?
3. Who is Hecate the nurse of?
4. Which son, according to 'Theogony', decides to betray Heaven and help Earth recover his sons?
5. What animal do Ceto and Phorcys give birth to?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)