|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Theogony, who does the speaker ask the Muses to sing about?
2. Who rules over the sea?
(a) The mermaids.
3. Who follows Aphrodite after her birth in 'Theogony'?
(a) Eros and Desire.
(c) Eros and Jealousy.
(d) Zeus and Hera.
4. Where does Heaven hide the sons she hates in 'Theogony'?
(b) Somewhere on Earth.
(c) The mountains.
(d) Somewhere in Heaven.
5. Who eventually give Zeus thunder?
(d) The Cyclopes.
6. Who does the speaker praise in the beginning of 'Theogony' ?
(a) His father.
7. In 'Theogony', what does Earth give Cronus to trick him into thinking she gave him a child?
(a) A stone wrapped in blankets.
(b) A slaughtered cow.
(c) A baby wrapped in blankets.
(d) A slaughtered pig.
8. The Muses tell a story to Hesiod in 'Theogony'. Who do the Muses say came into the world first?
9. In 'Theogony', what does Medusa suffer from?
(a) A heart attack.
(c) Being mortal.
(d) Being ugly.
10. Who kills Chimaera?
(a) Pegasus and Bellerophone.
11. Where do the Muses live?
(a) Mt. Olympus.
(b) Mt. Fuigi.
(d) On the River Styx.
12. What happens to Prometheus' liver every day?
(a) It reforms.
(b) It changes color.
(c) It comes to life.
(d) It dies.
13. Hesiod discusses the lineage of several Gods in 'Theogony'. Who is Zeus' father?
14. What happens in 'Theogony' when Zeus murders Cronus?
(a) Cronus vomits up his children.
(b) Zeus does not murder Cronus.
(c) Cronus dies.
(d) Cronus lives forever.
15. How many muses are there?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives birth to the Cyclopes?
2. Who does Prometheus steal for in 'Theogony'?
3. What is Athena's greatest gift?
4. What gift do Apollo and the muses give humans in 'Theogony'?
5. What is the speaker of 'Theogony' supposed to celebrate?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)