|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 'Theogony', who kills Hydra?
2. The Muses tell a story to Hesiod in 'Theogony'. Who do the Muses say came into the world first?
3. How did the Titans receive their name?
(a) From Zeus.
(b) From the Earth.
(c) From their father.
(d) From a fearful deed they committed.
4. Hesiod tells the audience about a prophecy in 'Theogony.' What does Zeus do to his father that Earth and Heaven predicted?
(a) Hugs him.
(b) Murders him.
(c) Kisses him.
(d) Overpowers him.
5. Who gives birth to Toil, Forgetfulness and Famine.
6. Who rules over the sea?
(a) The mermaids.
7. Who does Prometheus steal for in 'Theogony'?
8. Whose conception does the speaker write about at the start of 'Theogony'?
(b) The Muses.
9. Who eventually give Zeus thunder?
(d) The Cyclopes.
10. Where does Zeus tie Prometheus?
(a) To a bull.
(b) To a ship.
(c) To a banshee.
(d) To a rock.
11. What happens in 'Theogony' when Zeus murders Cronus?
(a) Zeus does not murder Cronus.
(b) Cronus dies.
(c) Cronus lives forever.
(d) Cronus vomits up his children.
12. According to 'Theogony', who springs forth from Medusa's wounds?
(a) Hercules and Plato.
(c) Chrysaor and Pegasus.
13. In 'Theogony', what does Medusa suffer from?
(a) A heart attack.
(c) Being mortal.
(d) Being ugly.
14. Who kills Chimaera?
(a) Pegasus and Bellerophone.
15. Which son, according to 'Theogony', decides to betray Heaven and help Earth recover his sons?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives birth to Heaven, Hills and Pontius?
2. What animal do Ceto and Phorcys give birth to?
3. Who is the Titans creator?
4. Who is the father of gods and men?
5. What does Zeus send to Menoetius in 'Theogony', as a punishment for his pride?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)