Short Essay Questions Key
1. Who does Hesiod claim gave him his voice in 'Theogony'?
2. Who does Hesiod give praise to at the start of 'Theogony'? Who is this person?
3. Whose conception does Hesiod describe at the start of 'Theogony'? What are the details of this conception?
4. In 'Theogony', which Muse does Hesiod deem the most important and why?
5. Who does Hesiod write in 'Theogony' is responsible for putting singers on earth?
6. Why are singers delivered to earth in 'Theogony'? What do the singers sing about?
7. In 'Theogony', who delivers princes to the mortals?
8. What does Hesiod ask the Muses to tell him about in 'Theogony'?
9. Who, according to 'Theogony', is the first entity to come into the world?
10. List three of the offspring that Earth and Heaven conceive?
11. Who gives birth to Cronos? Describe Cronos' personality.
12. Which children does Heaven hate in 'Theogony'? Where does she hide those children?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)