Short Answer Key
1. Who is the speaker of 'Theogony'?
2. What does the speaker learn from the Muses in 'Theogony'?
3. What did the Muses give the speaker in 'Theogony'?
A divine voice.
4. What is the speaker of 'Theogony' supposed to celebrate?
5. Who does the speaker praise in the beginning of 'Theogony' ?
6. Who is the father of gods and men?
7. Whose conception does the speaker write about at the start of 'Theogony'?
8. In 'Theogony', how long do Zeus and Mnemosyne lay together prior to conceiving the Muses?
9. Where do the Muses live?
10. How many muses are there?
11. Hesiod discusses the lineage of several Gods in 'Theogony'. Who is Zeus' father?
12. Hesiod tells the audience about a prophecy in 'Theogony.' What does Zeus do to...
This section contains 2,209 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)