|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hesiod tell his brother to do, in 'Works and Days', if he wants wealth?
2. Why should a man be hired at a certain age according to 'Works and Days'?
(a) He will be married.
(b) He will be old.
(c) He will be young.
(d) He will not be distracted.
3. Who does Hesiod say constructs Zeus' maiden for the mortals in 'Works and Days'?
4. Why is Earth mad at Heaven in 'Theogony'?
(a) She hid his sons.
(b) She disobeyed him.
(c) She betrayed him.
(d) She has an affair.
5. At what age does Hesiod suggest a man choose a wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sources does the speaker in 'Works and Days' say men and mortals spring from?
2. What will appear to man when spring begins according to Hesiod's poem, 'Works and Days'?
3. What trade does Hesiod offer to teach his brother in 'Works and Days'?
4. Hesiod tells the audience about a prophecy in 'Theogony.' What does Zeus do to his father that Earth and Heaven predicted?
5. What does the speaker learn from the Muses in 'Theogony'?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)