|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to 'Theogony', who is the most important Muse?
2. What are the names of the Cyclopes?
(a) Brontes, Steroppes and Hera.
(b) Phoebe, Tethys and Arges.
(c) Phoebe, Tethys and Cronos.
(d) Brontes, Steroppes and Arges.
3. Who gives birth to Aether and Day?
(a) Chaos and Night.
(b) Erebus and Night.
(c) Earth and Eros.
(d) Zeus and Hera.
4. Who does the speaker praise in the beginning of 'Theogony' ?
(b) His father.
5. In 'Theogony', what does Earth give Cronus to trick him into thinking she gave him a child?
(a) A slaughtered cow.
(b) A baby wrapped in blankets.
(c) A slaughtered pig.
(d) A stone wrapped in blankets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hesiod tells the audience about a prophecy in 'Theogony.' What does Zeus do to his father that Earth and Heaven predicted?
2. How did the Titans receive their name?
3. What does Zeus receive as a reward in 'Theogony' for murdering Cronus?
4. What size ship should his brother use if he chooses seafaring, writes Hesiod?
5. What, according to 'Works and Days', does Hesiod say provides food and is not a disgrace?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)