|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do idle men envy in 'Works and Days'?
(c) Holy men.
2. In 'Works and Days', what does the author ask the Muses of Pieria for?
3. Who is the speaker of 'Theogony'?
4. Hesiod discusses the plow season in 'Works and Days'. During the plowing season when will a worker rise?
(a) In the morning.
(b) In the afternoon.
(c) He will never sleep.
(d) At night.
5. Who follows Aphrodite after her birth in 'Theogony'?
(a) Eros and Jealousy.
(b) Eros and Desire.
(d) Zeus and Hera.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the third generation, in 'Works and Days', become spirits?
2. Who is Zeus' first child?
3. Who do Thaumas and Electra give birth to?
4. Who reports to Zeus on the behavior of men?
5. When will the late plower compete with the early plower according to 'Works and Days'?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)