|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will happen to those that judge straight according to 'Works and Days'?
(a) The will go to Hades.
(b) The will perish.
(c) They will prosper.
(d) They will sin.
2. What does Zeus send to Menoetius in 'Theogony', as a punishment for his pride?
(a) A lightening bolt.
(d) A curse.
3. What happens to the spirits of the men Cronos creates?
(a) They become guardians of the Muses.
(b) They become the guardians of mortal men.
(c) They become guardians of the Gods.
(d) They go to Hades.
4. What does a little plus a little equal according to Hesiod in 'Works and Days'?
(a) Less than before.
(b) A little.
(c) Much more.
5. How does Zeus punish men who marry according to 'Theogony'?
(a) The will die a cruel death.
(b) They will live forever.
(c) They will cry forever.
(d) They will live in a mixture of good and evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 'Works and Days', when does Hesiod tell his brother he should chop wood?
2. According to 'Works and Days', when should a father die if a second son is born?
3. In 'Works and Days', what does Hesiod accuse his brother of?
4. In 'Works and Days', what is the name of the maiden Zeus prepares for the mortals?
5. Who does Hesiod say constructs Zeus' maiden for the mortals in 'Works and Days'?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)