|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives birth to Ceto, Eurybia and Nereus?
2. How many days of winter are there according to 'Works and Days'?
3. What, according to 'Works and Days', does Hesiod say provides food and is not a disgrace?
4. Who does 'Works and Days' address?
5. In 'Works and Days', what does the author ask the Muses of Pieria for?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why, in 'Works and Days', is it important to choose oxen that are a certain age?
2. In 'Works and Days', who does Hesiod say the God's will destroy?
3. According to Hesiod's poem 'Theogony', how does Cronus try to prevent Heaven and Earth's prophecy?
4. What animal do Ceto and Phorcys give birth to?
5. Who guards the Titans after they are defeated in 'Theogony'?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)