|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prophecy do Heaven and Earth tell Cronus about in 'Theogony'?
(a) That he will live forever.
(b) That he will rule the gods.
(c) That he will be overthrown by his son.
(d) That he will be overthrown by his daughter.
2. In 'Theogony', where does Zeus' mother hide him?
(a) In the ocean.
(b) In a palace.
(c) In a tree.
(d) In a cave.
3. What creatures are above Typhoeus' neck?
(a) Fish and sharks.
(b) Lions and tigers.
(c) Dogs and cats.
(d) Snakes and dragons.
4. In 'Theogony', who does Zeus honor above all the other Gods?
5. Whose conception does the speaker write about at the start of 'Theogony'?
(a) The Muses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the speaker learn from the Muses in 'Theogony'?
2. Who gives birth to Ceto, Eurybia and Nereus?
3. What does Hesiod tell his brother to do, in 'Works and Days', if he wants wealth?
4. In 'Works and Days', what should one wash before crossing a river?
5. How many days of winter are there according to 'Works and Days'?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)