|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prophecy do Heaven and Earth tell Cronus about in 'Theogony'?
(a) That he will live forever.
(b) That he will be overthrown by his daughter.
(c) That he will rule the gods.
(d) That he will be overthrown by his son.
2. Who, in 'Works and Days', should plow men pray to in order to obtain good crops?
(a) Athena and Hercules.
(b) Adonis and Zeus.
(c) Zeus and Demeter.
(d) Apollo and Athena.
3. What does the fifth generation never rest from in 'Works and Days'?
4. What, according to 'Works and Days', are the men in the silver generation like?
5. What, in 'Works and Days', does Hesiod say his brother should avoid in the winter?
(a) The stable.
(b) The church.
(c) The barn.
(d) The smithy.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Theogony, who does the speaker ask the Muses to sing about?
2. What animal marks the time for plowing?
3. Who is Justice?
4. In 'Theogony', what does Earth give Cronus to trick him into thinking she gave him a child?
5. What do Chimaera's heads look like?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)