|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many muses are there?
2. Who gives birth to Themisto, Pronoe and Nemertes?
(c) Nereus and Doris.
3. In 'Works and Days', who does Hesiod say the God's will destroy?
(a) Those who go to war.
(b) Those who sin.
(c) Those who murder.
(d) Those who take anothers wealth.
4. What creatures are above Typhoeus' neck?
(a) Snakes and dragons.
(b) Lions and tigers.
(c) Dogs and cats.
(d) Fish and sharks.
5. What does Hesiod write in 'Works and Days' that his brother should wear in the winter?
(a) A wool hat.
(b) A thick coat.
(c) A pair of sandals.
(d) Long johns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to 'Works and Days', does Hesiod say provides food and is not a disgrace?
2. Who lives in a cave under a rock in 'Theogony'?
3. How does Zeus punish men who marry according to 'Theogony'?
4. According to 'Works and Days', who will punish those who are cruel?
5. Who is referred to as the old man in 'Theogony'?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)