|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hesiod writes about a fable in 'Works and Days'. What bird is Hesiod's fable about?
(a) A sparrow.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A canary.
(d) A mockingbird.
2. In 'Works and Days', what is the third generation like?
(a) Weak and sad.
(b) Strong and violent.
(c) Wise and gentle.
(d) Foolish and silly.
3. How does Hesiod explain in 'Theogony' that Aphrodite is formed?
(a) From falling stars.
(b) From diamonds.
(c) From clay.
(d) From sea foam.
4. In 'Theogony', what does Medusa suffer from?
(a) Being ugly.
(b) A heart attack.
(d) Being mortal.
5. What does Hesiod write in 'Works and Days' that his brother should wear in the winter?
(a) A pair of sandals.
(b) Long johns.
(c) A thick coat.
(d) A wool hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Prometheus try to fool Zeus in the poem 'Theogony'?
2. What does a good servant do during plow time according to 'Works and Days'?
3. Who is the first of Ocean's children to help Zeus fight the Titans in 'Theogony'?
4. How many heads does Chimaera have?
5. Who gives birth to Aether and Day?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)