|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Hecate the nurse of?
(a) The sick.
(b) The old.
(c) The young.
(d) The sad.
2. In 'Theogony', which sons does Heaven hate?
(a) Phoebe, Tethys and Arges.
(b) Cottus, Briareos and Gyes.
(c) Brontes, Steroppes and Hera.
(d) Zeus and Apollo.
3. Hesiod writes about a fable in 'Works and Days'. What bird is Hesiod's fable about?
(a) A sparrow.
(b) A mockingbird.
(c) A canary.
(d) An eagle.
4. What happens to Prometheus' liver every day?
(a) It changes color.
(b) It reforms.
(c) It comes to life.
(d) It dies.
5. Who slays Geryones?
Short Answer Questions
1. When will the late plower compete with the early plower according to 'Works and Days'?
2. What does Pandora release amongst the mortals when she lifts the lid off her jar?
3. At the end of Theogony, who does the speaker ask the Muses to sing about?
4. In the fable in 'Works and Days', who does the bird attack?
5. In 'Theogony', where does Zeus' mother hide him?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)