|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal marks the time for plowing?
(a) The rooster.
(b) The pig.
(c) The sheep.
(d) The crane.
2. Who is the first of Ocean's children to help Zeus fight the Titans in 'Theogony'?
3. Who kills Medusa in 'Theogony'?
4. Who gives birth to Ceto, Eurybia and Nereus?
5. According to 'Works and Days', who will punish those who are cruel?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Prometheus try to fool Zeus in the poem 'Theogony'?
2. In 'Theogony', which sons does Heaven hate?
3. What does a good servant do during plow time according to 'Works and Days'?
4. Why, in 'Theogony', is the woman whose guile is not to be withstood by men created?
5. At what age does Hesiod suggest a man choose a wife?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)