|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many goods does Hesiod advise his brother to keep at home?
(a) Most of them.
(b) All of them.
(c) Half of them.
(d) None of them.
2. What does Zeus distribute to the immortals in 'Theogony'?
3. Who slays Geryones?
4. In 'Theogony', how does Zeus say men who will do not marry will be punished?
(a) They will live forever.
(b) They will have no one to take care of them.
(c) They will die a cruel death.
(d) They will be marked with a curse.
5. What does Hesiod claim in 'Theogony' that Prometheus steals from Zeus?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives birth to Doom, Fate, Death and Sleep?
2. How many days of winter are there according to 'Works and Days'?
3. According to 'Works and Days', where does Zeus place the survivors of the fourth generation?
4. Who is the first of Ocean's children to help Zeus fight the Titans in 'Theogony'?
5. Who do the men in the silver generation refuse to serve?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)