|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 'Works and Days', where do the third generation's spirits travel?
(a) The heavens.
(b) Mount Olympus.
2. How is Medusa killed in 'Theogony'?
(a) She is drowned.
(b) Her toes are cut off.
(c) She is shot.
(d) Her head is cut off.
3. What will happen to those that judge straight according to 'Works and Days'?
(a) They will prosper.
(b) The will go to Hades.
(c) They will sin.
(d) The will perish.
4. In 'Theogony', what does Atlas hold?
(b) An arrow.
(c) The globe.
(d) The oceans.
5. Who rules over the sea?
(c) The mermaids.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives birth to the Cyclopes?
2. Who kills Medusa in 'Theogony'?
3. What do idle men envy in 'Works and Days'?
4. Who is the father of gods and men?
5. In 'Works and Days', who does Hesiod tell his brother not to trust?
This section contains 151 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)