|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hesiod advise his brother to do in 'Works and Days'?
2. In 'Theogony', why do the Gods choose Zeus to rule them?
(a) He controls thunder.
(b) He controls lightning.
(c) He beats Typhoeus.
(d) He beat the Titans.
3. When will the late plower compete with the early plower according to 'Works and Days'?
(a) When the rooster crows.
(b) When the seal barks.
(c) When Apollo sends rain.
(d) When Zeus sends rain.
4. In 'Works and Days', what does Hesiod accuse his brother of?
(d) Stealing his inheritance.
5. What, according to 'Works and Days', are the men in the silver generation like?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to 'Works and Days', who will punish those who are cruel?
2. What does the speaker learn from the Muses in 'Theogony'?
3. How old does 'Works and Days' say a hired man should be?
4. What did the Muses give the speaker in 'Theogony'?
5. What do idle men envy in 'Works and Days'?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)