|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 'Works and Days', what should one wash before crossing a river?
(a) Their face.
(b) Their hands.
(c) Their feet.
(d) Their arms.
2. What does Hesiod say is the best type of man in his poem 'Works and Days'?
(a) One who considers himself.
(b) One who is poor.
(c) One who is wealthy.
(d) One who is charitable.
3. What is the moral of the fable in 'Works and Days'?
(a) Don't try and withstand the stronger being.
(b) The meek shall inherit the earth.
(c) Fight till the finish.
(d) Sinners will be punished.
4. Who gives birth to Zeus' first child?
5. What is Athena's greatest gift?
(c) The arts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zeus receive as a reward in 'Theogony' for murdering Cronus?
2. Who does 'Works and Days' address?
3. What is the fourth generation like in 'Works and Days'?
4. What does a little plus a little equal according to Hesiod in 'Works and Days'?
5. What, in 'Works and Days', can man tell the difference between?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)