|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 'Works and Days', what makes both Gods and men angry?
2. How old does 'Works and Days' say a hired man should be?
3. Where do the Muses live?
(b) On the River Styx.
(c) Mt. Fuigi.
(d) Mt. Olympus.
4. Hesiod discusses the lineage of several Gods in 'Theogony'. Who is Zeus' father?
5. Who does Hesiod say teaches Zeus's maiden for the mortals about finery in 'Works and Days'?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives birth to Aether and Day?
2. Who gives birth to Ceto, Eurybia and Nereus?
3. What does Hesiod say is the best type of man in his poem 'Works and Days'?
4. At the end of Theogony, who does the speaker ask the Muses to sing about?
5. Who kills Chimaera?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)