|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives birth to Zeus' first child?
2. What does a good servant do during plow time according to 'Works and Days'?
(a) Hide seeds.
(b) Water plants.
(c) Cut crops.
(d) Feed the farmer.
3. What trade does Hesiod offer to teach his brother in 'Works and Days'?
4. Who eventually give Zeus thunder?
(b) The Cyclopes.
5. What, in 'Works and Days', is the fifth generation made of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What prophecy do Heaven and Earth tell Cronus about in 'Theogony'?
2. Where does Zeus tie Prometheus?
3. Who is Hercules' mother?
4. Where is Zeus born?
5. What happens to Prometheus' liver every day?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)