|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 'Theogony', what does Atlas hold?
(b) The globe.
(c) The oceans.
(d) An arrow.
2. In 'Works and Days', what does Hesiod say his brother should build in the summer?
3. Who does Hesiod claim in 'Theogony' lives in the house of Zeus?
(a) Lake's children.
(b) Ocean's children.
(c) Styx's children.
(d) Kindle's children.
4. What temperature, does Hesiod write in 'Works and Days', his brother should avoid?
5. What is Athena's greatest gift?
(c) The arts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hesiod say teaches Zeus's maiden for the mortals about finery in 'Works and Days'?
2. Who is the first of Ocean's children to help Zeus fight the Titans in 'Theogony'?
3. Why should a man be hired at a certain age according to 'Works and Days'?
4. In 'Works and Days', who does Hesiod create a fable for?
5. Who, in 'Works and Days', should plow men pray to in order to obtain good crops?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)