|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of Heaven's sons greatly injures her in 'Theogony.' What does the blood of Heaven form after the betrayal?
(b) Erinyes and Nymphs
(c) Night and Day.
(d) Erinyes, Giants and Nymphs.
2. What animal do Ceto and Phorcys give birth to?
(a) A lion.
(b) A dog.
(c) A snake.
(d) A fish.
3. What, according to 'Works and Days', does Hesiod say provides food and is not a disgrace?
4. In 'Works and Days', what does Hesiod say his brother should build in the summer?
5. What should be avoided during harvest time according to 'Works and Days'?
(a) Staying up late.
(c) Hard work.
(d) Sleeping until dawn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the speaker of 'Theogony' supposed to celebrate?
2. What is the moral of the fable in 'Works and Days'?
3. In 'Works and Days', who teaches Zeus's maiden for the mortals about grace and beauty?
4. What do the race of men created by Cronos enjoy in 'Works and Days'
5. What reputation should men avoid according to 'Works and Days'?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)