|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zeus punish men who marry according to 'Theogony'?
(a) They will live forever.
(b) They will live in a mixture of good and evil.
(c) They will cry forever.
(d) The will die a cruel death.
2. Who kills Chimaera?
(a) Pegasus and Bellerophone.
3. In 'Works and Days', what does plowing too late in the season result in?
(a) A small yield.
(b) No money.
(c) A draught.
(d) A bankrupt farm.
4. Whose conception does the speaker write about at the start of 'Theogony'?
(a) The Muses.
5. Who gives birth to Themisto, Pronoe and Nemertes?
(c) Nereus and Doris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hesiod write in 'Works and Days' that his brother should sacrifice to?
2. Where does Zeus tie Prometheus?
3. What does Hesiod claim in 'Theogony' that Prometheus steals from Zeus?
4. Who gives birth to Toil, Forgetfulness and Famine.
5. What, in 'Works and Days', does Hesiod say his brother should avoid in the winter?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)