|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people, in 'Works and Days', can Zeus provide wealth to?
(b) Very few.
(d) A great number.
2. In 'Works and Days', what holiday follows winter?
(d) The Fourth of July.
3. What does Zeus provide man with in 'Works and Days'?
4. What does Pandora release amongst the mortals when she lifts the lid off her jar?
5. In 'Theogony', what does Medusa suffer from?
(a) Being ugly.
(b) Being mortal.
(c) A heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the speaker praise in the beginning of 'Theogony' ?
2. Apollo and the Muses give a gift to humans in 'Theogony'? Why did they give this gift?
3. At the end of Theogony, who does the speaker ask the Muses to sing about?
4. What does Hesiod say is the best type of man in his poem 'Works and Days'?
5. What does a little plus a little equal according to Hesiod in 'Works and Days'?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)