|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Zeus born?
(a) On top of a mountain.
(b) In heaven.
(c) Rome, Italy.
(d) Lyetus of Crete.
2. What gift do Apollo and the muses give humans in 'Theogony'?
3. How old does 'Works and Days' say a hired man should be?
4. One of Heaven's sons greatly injures her in 'Theogony.' What does the blood of Heaven form after the betrayal?
(a) Night and Day.
(b) Erinyes and Nymphs
(c) Erinyes, Giants and Nymphs.
5. Who lives in a cave under a rock in 'Theogony'?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 'Theogony', which sons does Heaven hate?
2. What does the fifth generation never rest from in 'Works and Days'?
3. What does not exist before Pandora walks amongst the mortals?
4. In 'Works and Days', when does Hesiod tell his brother he should chop wood?
5. Who is the speaker of 'Theogony'?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)