|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Chimaera's heads look like?
(a) Different beasts.
(b) Different Gods.
(c) Different humans.
(d) Different fish.
2. In 'Theogony', where does Zeus' mother hide him?
(a) In a cave.
(b) In the ocean.
(c) In a palace.
(d) In a tree.
3. Who does Hesiod claim in 'Theogony' lives in the house of Zeus?
(a) Ocean's children.
(b) Kindle's children.
(c) Styx's children.
(d) Lake's children.
4. Who gives birth to Ceto, Eurybia and Nereus?
5. How many days of winter are there according to 'Works and Days'?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives birth to Zeus' first child?
2. Who is the first of Ocean's children to help Zeus fight the Titans in 'Theogony'?
3. Apollo and the Muses give a gift to humans in 'Theogony'? Why did they give this gift?
4. Where is Zeus born?
5. In 'Works and Days', what is the name of the maiden Zeus prepares for the mortals?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)