|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lives in a cave under a rock in 'Theogony'?
2. At the end of Theogony, who does the speaker ask the Muses to sing about?
3. Where do the Muses live?
(a) Mt. Fuigi.
(c) On the River Styx.
(d) Mt. Olympus.
4. What, in 'Works and Days', is the fifth generation made of?
5. At what age does Hesiod suggest a man choose a wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 'Theogony', what story does the speaker ask the Muses to tell him first?
2. Hesiod writes about a fable in 'Works and Days'. What bird is Hesiod's fable about?
3. What does Zeus provide man with in 'Works and Days'?
4. What does Hesiod claim in 'Theogony' that Prometheus steals from Zeus?
5. What, according to 'Works and Days', are the men in the silver generation like?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)