|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the race of men created by Cronos enjoy in 'Works and Days'
(b) All good things.
(c) All bad things.
2. Who kills Medusa in 'Theogony'?
3. According to 'Works and Days', when should a father die if a second son is born?
(a) At old age.
(b) At a young age.
(d) A father should never have a second son.
4. What race of men does Cronos create in 'Works and Days'?
(a) A silver race.
(b) A golden race.
(c) A metal race.
(d) A bronze race.
5. The Muses tell a story to Hesiod in 'Theogony'. Who do the Muses say came into the world first?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 'Theogony', how long do Zeus and Mnemosyne lay together prior to conceiving the Muses?
2. Where does Zeus tie Prometheus?
3. What happens to the silver generation when Zeus puts them away?
4. In Hesiod's poem 'Works and Days', what does Zeus make man better than?
5. Where is Zeus born?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)