|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives birth to Heaven, Hills and Pontius?
2. In 'Theogony', what does Medusa suffer from?
(b) Being ugly.
(c) Being mortal.
(d) A heart attack.
3. In 'Works and Days', what does the author ask the Muses of Pieria for?
4. Who does Hesiod say constructs Zeus' maiden for the mortals in 'Works and Days'?
5. In 'Works and Days', who does Hesiod create a fable for?
(b) The Gods.
(d) The reader.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 'Theogony', what does Earth give Cronus to trick him into thinking she gave him a child?
2. In 'Works and Days', what should the slaves do when Orion appears?
3. How does Hesiod explain in 'Theogony' that Aphrodite is formed?
4. What does Hesiod claim in 'Theogony' that Prometheus steals from Zeus?
5. In 'Theogony', what does Atlas hold?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)