|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days of winter are there according to 'Works and Days'?
2. Who slays Geryones?
3. In 'Works and Days', what should one wash before crossing a river?
(a) Their feet.
(b) Their arms.
(c) Their hands.
(d) Their face.
4. Who is Hecate the nurse of?
(a) The old.
(b) The young.
(c) The sad.
(d) The sick.
5. Why, in 'Works and Days', is it important to choose oxen that are a certain age?
(a) They will not fight.
(b) They are just born.
(c) The will die soon.
(d) They are easily trained.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to 'Theogony', what gift does Zeus give to humans?
2. Apollo and the Muses give a gift to humans in 'Theogony'? Why did they give this gift?
3. Who does Hesiod say teaches Zeus's maiden for the mortals about finery in 'Works and Days'?
4. What does Zeus receive as a reward in 'Theogony' for murdering Cronus?
5. Where is Zeus born?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)