|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who slays Geryones?
2. In 'Theogony', who kills Hydra?
3. Who finds the object in 'Works and Days' that Zeus hides from mortals?
(b) Prometheus .
4. Who kills Chimaera?
(b) Pegasus and Bellerophone.
5. What creatures are above Typhoeus' neck?
(a) Dogs and cats.
(b) Snakes and dragons.
(c) Lions and tigers.
(d) Fish and sharks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lives in a cave under a rock in 'Theogony'?
2. Who does Hesiod write in 'Works and Days' that his brother should sacrifice to?
3. Who is Hecate the nurse of?
4. Hesiod discusses the lineage of several Gods in 'Theogony'. Who is Zeus' father?
5. What, according to 'Works and Days', does Hesiod say provides food and is not a disgrace?
This section contains 146 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)