|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the speaker of 'Theogony'?
2. Who does Hesiod claim in 'Theogony' lives in the house of Zeus?
(a) Kindle's children.
(b) Styx's children.
(c) Lake's children.
(d) Ocean's children.
3. In 'Works and Days', who does Hesiod tell his brother not to trust?
4. How many muses are there?
5. In 'Works and Days', what is the third generation like?
(a) Foolish and silly.
(b) Strong and violent.
(c) Weak and sad.
(d) Wise and gentle.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 'Works and Days', who does Hesiod say the God's will destroy?
2. How does Heaven's son betray her in 'Theogony'?
3. Who rules over the sea?
4. Who does Hesiod say teaches Zeus's maiden for the mortals about finery in 'Works and Days'?
5. What do the race of men created by Cronos enjoy in 'Works and Days'
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)