|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 'Theogony', what does Earth give Cronus to trick him into thinking she gave him a child?
(a) A slaughtered cow.
(b) A slaughtered pig.
(c) A stone wrapped in blankets.
(d) A baby wrapped in blankets.
2. What is the fourth generation like in 'Works and Days'?
3. What temperature, does Hesiod write in 'Works and Days', his brother should avoid?
4. Who is Hesoid's brother?
5. What does Zeus send to Menoetius in 'Theogony', as a punishment for his pride?
(a) A lightening bolt.
(d) A curse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the speaker of 'Theogony'?
2. What prophecy do Heaven and Earth tell Cronus about in 'Theogony'?
3. Who gives birth to Ceto, Eurybia and Nereus?
4. Whose conception does the speaker write about at the start of 'Theogony'?
5. In what season does 'Work and Days' suggest a wagon be built?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)