|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the moral of the fable in 'Works and Days'?
(a) Don't try and withstand the stronger being.
(b) Sinners will be punished.
(c) The meek shall inherit the earth.
(d) Fight till the finish.
2. What does Hesiod say is the best type of man in his poem 'Works and Days'?
(a) One who considers himself.
(b) One who is charitable.
(c) One who is wealthy.
(d) One who is poor.
3. What temperature, does Hesiod write in 'Works and Days', his brother should avoid?
4. What creature does Hera raise to plague the Nemeans?
(a) A turtle.
(b) A lion.
(c) A bear.
(d) A wolf.
5. What will happen to those that judge straight according to 'Works and Days'?
(a) The will perish.
(b) The will go to Hades.
(c) They will prosper.
(d) They will sin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does 'Works and Days' address?
2. What animal marks the time for plowing?
3. Apollo and the Muses give a gift to humans in 'Theogony'? Why did they give this gift?
4. In 'Theogony', where does Zeus' mother hide him?
5. Who gives birth to Aether and Day?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)