|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Ceto and Phrocys give birth to?
2. What does the author not want the subject of 'Works and Days' to fall prey to?
3. What reputation should men avoid according to 'Works and Days'?
(a) A good reputation.
(b) A stingy reputation.
(c) A pious reputation.
(d) A bad reputation.
4. Who is the first of Ocean's children to help Zeus fight the Titans in 'Theogony'?
5. Who gives birth to Themisto, Pronoe and Nemertes?
(c) Nereus and Doris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hesiod tells the audience about a prophecy in 'Theogony.' What does Zeus do to his father that Earth and Heaven predicted?
2. What is Hesiod's parting advice in 'Works and Days'?
3. How does Hesiod explain in 'Theogony' that Aphrodite is formed?
4. How does Heaven's son betray her in 'Theogony'?
5. What animal do Ceto and Phorcys give birth to?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)