|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 'Works and Days', who does Hesiod create a fable for?
(b) The reader.
(c) The Gods.
2. According to 'Theogony', who is the most important Muse?
3. Who is the hound of Hades?
(d) The Minotaur.
4. What animal marks the time for plowing?
(a) The crane.
(b) The sheep.
(c) The rooster.
(d) The pig.
5. What does the fifth generation never rest from in 'Works and Days'?
Short Answer Questions
1. Hesiod writes about a fable in 'Works and Days'. What bird is Hesiod's fable about?
2. Who gives birth to Themisto, Pronoe and Nemertes?
3. Who gives birth to Ceto, Eurybia and Nereus?
4. In Hesiod's poem 'Works and Days', what does Zeus make man better than?
5. At what age does Hesiod suggest a man choose a wife?
This section contains 151 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)