|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What creature does Hera raise to plague the Nemeans?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A lion.
(c) A turtle.
(d) A bear.
2. What is the speaker of 'Theogony' supposed to celebrate?
(a) The Muses.
(b) The Gods.
(c) The Heavens.
3. What does Pandora release amongst the mortals when she lifts the lid off her jar?
4. In 'Theogony', what do Tethys and Ocean's children become?
5. What size ship should his brother use if he chooses seafaring, writes Hesiod?
(a) A large ship.
(b) A small ship.
(c) 3 ships.
(d) A medium ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the Cyclopes?
2. What reputation should men avoid according to 'Works and Days'?
3. What is the fourth generation like in 'Works and Days'?
4. In 'Theogony', how does Zeus say men who will do not marry will be punished?
5. One of Heaven's sons greatly injures her in 'Theogony.' What does the blood of Heaven form after the betrayal?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)