|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who eats Prometheus' liver?
(a) A tiger.
(b) An eagle.
(d) A bear.
2. Who rules over the sea?
(c) The mermaids.
3. What does the author not want the subject of 'Works and Days' to fall prey to?
4. In Hesiod's poem 'Works and Days', what does Zeus make man better than?
(a) The Mountains.
(c) The heavens.
5. Who does Prometheus steal for in 'Theogony'?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 'Works and Days', what does plowing too late in the season result in?
2. According to 'Works and Days', where does Zeus place the survivors of the fourth generation?
3. In 'Theogony', what does Atlas hold?
4. What does not exist before Pandora walks amongst the mortals?
5. Hesiod tells the audience about a prophecy in 'Theogony.' What does Zeus do to his father that Earth and Heaven predicted?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)