|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who rules over the sea?
(b) The mermaids.
2. Who do the men in the silver generation refuse to serve?
3. In 'Theogony', why do the Gods choose Zeus to rule them?
(a) He beat the Titans.
(b) He controls lightning.
(c) He controls thunder.
(d) He beats Typhoeus.
4. What trade does Hesiod offer to teach his brother in 'Works and Days'?
5. In 'Works and Days', who does Hesiod create a fable for?
(a) The Gods.
(c) The reader.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 'Works and Days', what does plowing too late in the season result in?
2. In Hesiod's poem 'Works and Days', Hesiod suggests that farmers use ox. How old should oxen be when attached to the plow?
3. Why should a man be hired at a certain age according to 'Works and Days'?
4. What does not exist before Pandora walks amongst the mortals?
5. What will appear to man when spring begins according to Hesiod's poem, 'Works and Days'?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)