|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why, in 'Works and Days', is it important to choose oxen that are a certain age?
(a) They will not fight.
(b) They are just born.
(c) The will die soon.
(d) They are easily trained.
2. Who finds the object in 'Works and Days' that Zeus hides from mortals?
(d) Prometheus .
3. In 'Works and Days', who does Hesiod create a fable for?
(b) The reader.
(c) The Gods.
4. Who gives birth to Heaven, Hills and Pontius?
5. What are the names of the Cyclopes?
(a) Brontes, Steroppes and Arges.
(b) Phoebe, Tethys and Cronos.
(c) Brontes, Steroppes and Hera.
(d) Phoebe, Tethys and Arges.
Short Answer Questions
1. What size ship should his brother use if he chooses seafaring, writes Hesiod?
2. Who should give people wealth according to Hesiod's poem 'Works and Days'?
3. What creatures are above Typhoeus' neck?
4. Whose conception does the speaker write about at the start of 'Theogony'?
5. What, according to 'Works and Days', does Hesiod say provides food and is not a disgrace?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)