|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hesiod writes about a fable in 'Works and Days'. What bird is Hesiod's fable about?
(a) A sparrow.
(b) A mockingbird.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A canary.
2. In 'Works and Days', who does Hermes deliver the maiden Zeus constructs to?
3. In 'Works and Days', what does Hesiod say his brother should build in the summer?
4. In 'Theogony', what do Tethys and Ocean's children become?
5. What did the Muses give the speaker in 'Theogony'?
(a) A divine voice.
(b) A swift paint brush.
(c) A world as a stage.
(d) A fluent pen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the men in the silver generation refuse to serve?
2. What is the moral of the fable in 'Works and Days'?
3. Who does Hesiod claim in 'Theogony' lives in the house of Zeus?
4. Who is Hesoid's brother?
5. Who is referred to as the old man in 'Theogony'?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)