|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, in 'Works and Days', does Hesiod say his brother should avoid in the winter?
(a) The church.
(b) The barn.
(c) The smithy.
(d) The stable.
2. According to 'Works and Days', where does Zeus place the survivors of the fourth generation?
(a) In a house in the ocean.
(b) In a cave.
(c) In Mount Olympus.
(d) An abode at the ends of the earth.
3. Who is the father of gods and men?
4. Where do the Muses live?
(a) Mt. Olympus.
(b) Mt. Fuigi.
(c) On the River Styx.
5. In Hesiod's poem 'Works and Days', what does Zeus make man better than?
(c) The heavens.
(d) The Mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of Heaven's sons greatly injures her in 'Theogony.' What does the blood of Heaven form after the betrayal?
2. Who do the men in the silver generation refuse to serve?
3. What, in 'Works and Days', can man tell the difference between?
4. What, according to 'Works and Days', does Hesiod say provides food and is not a disgrace?
5. What do idle men envy in 'Works and Days'?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)