|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When will the late plower compete with the early plower according to 'Works and Days'?
(a) When the rooster crows.
(b) When Zeus sends rain.
(c) When the seal barks.
(d) When Apollo sends rain.
2. What does Hesiod tell his brother to do, in 'Works and Days', if he wants wealth?
3. In 'Works and Days', what does plowing too late in the season result in?
(a) A small yield.
(b) A bankrupt farm.
(c) A draught.
(d) No money.
4. What is the speaker of 'Theogony' supposed to celebrate?
(b) The Muses.
(c) The Heavens.
(d) The Gods.
5. Who is Hecate the nurse of?
(a) The sad.
(b) The sick.
(c) The young.
(d) The old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What trade does Hesiod offer to teach his brother in 'Works and Days'?
2. In 'Theogony', what does Medusa suffer from?
3. What race of men does Cronos create in 'Works and Days'?
4. According to Hesiod in 'Works and Days', what is the fourth generation made up of?
5. Why should a man be hired at a certain age according to 'Works and Days'?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)