|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 'Works and Days', where do the third generation's spirits travel?
(a) Mount Olympus.
(d) The heavens.
2. Who is Hecate the nurse of?
(a) The sick.
(b) The old.
(c) The sad.
(d) The young.
3. What does the author not want the subject of 'Works and Days' to fall prey to?
4. According to 'Theogony', who is the most important Muse?
5. Why should a man be hired at a certain age according to 'Works and Days'?
(a) He will be young.
(b) He will be old.
(c) He will not be distracted.
(d) He will be married.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 'Works and Days', what makes both Gods and men angry?
2. Who is the hound of Hades?
3. In 'Works and Days', what does Hesiod say his brother should build in the summer?
4. What animal do Ceto and Phorcys give birth to?
5. In 'Theogony', what does Medusa suffer from?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)