|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives birth to Heaven, Hills and Pontius?
2. Who gives birth to Doom, Fate, Death and Sleep?
(a) The Muses.
3. In 'Works and Days', what does the author ask the Muses of Pieria for?
4. According to 'Works and Days', who will punish those who are cruel?
5. Who kills Medusa in 'Theogony'?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the fable in 'Works and Days', who does the bird attack?
2. What is the moral of the fable in 'Works and Days'?
3. Hesiod writes about a fable in 'Works and Days'. What bird is Hesiod's fable about?
4. How do the third generation, in 'Works and Days', become spirits?
5. Who finds the object in 'Works and Days' that Zeus hides from mortals?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)