|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, in 'Works and Days', does Hesiod tell his brother to turn his head away from?
(c) Other's property.
(d) His neighbor's wife.
2. Which son, according to 'Theogony', decides to betray Heaven and help Earth recover his sons?
3. In 'Works and Days', what should the slaves do when Orion appears?
(b) Winnow the grain.
(c) Churn the butter.
(d) Cut the corn.
4. What, in 'Works and Days', can man tell the difference between?
(a) Left and right.
(b) Gods and mortals.
(c) Hades and heaven.
(d) Right and wrong.
5. What, according to 'Works and Days', does Hesiod say provides food and is not a disgrace?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 'Theogony', why do the Gods choose Zeus to rule them?
2. What size ship should his brother use if he chooses seafaring, writes Hesiod?
3. What does the speaker learn from the Muses in 'Theogony'?
4. In 'Works and Days', how do members of the fourth generation die?
5. In 'Works and Days', what does Hesiod say his brother should build in the summer?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)