|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the speaker of 'Theogony'?
2. What does Hesiod advise his brother to do in 'Works and Days'?
3. In 'Theogony', what do Tethys and Ocean's children become?
4. What creature does Hera raise to plague the Nemeans?
(a) A turtle.
(b) A bear.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A lion.
5. How do the third generation, in 'Works and Days', become spirits?
(a) They destroy each other.
(b) The Muses destroy them.
(c) The Gods destroy them.
(d) A comet hits the earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 'Works and Days', what does the author ask the Muses of Pieria for?
2. Who is the first of Ocean's children to help Zeus fight the Titans in 'Theogony'?
3. What does a good servant do during plow time according to 'Works and Days'?
4. Who does Hesiod say constructs Zeus' maiden for the mortals in 'Works and Days'?
5. What does not exist before Pandora walks amongst the mortals?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)