|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What size ship should his brother use if he chooses seafaring, writes Hesiod?
(a) A small ship.
(b) 3 ships.
(c) A medium ship.
(d) A large ship.
2. Who gives birth to the Cyclopes?
3. One of Heaven's sons greatly injures her in 'Theogony.' What does the blood of Heaven form after the betrayal?
(a) Erinyes, Giants and Nymphs.
(b) Erinyes and Nymphs
(d) Night and Day.
4. According to Hesiod's poem 'Theogony', how does Cronus try to prevent Heaven and Earth's prophecy?
(a) He murders Zeus.
(b) He kills his children
(c) He does nothing.
(d) He swallows his children.
5. What does the author not want the subject of 'Works and Days' to fall prey to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives birth to Ceto, Eurybia and Nereus?
2. In 'Works and Days', who does Hesiod say the God's will destroy?
3. In 'Works and Days', what makes both Gods and men angry?
4. What race of men does Cronos create in 'Works and Days'?
5. What is Hesiod's parting advice in 'Works and Days'?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)