|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What creature does Hera raise to plague the Nemeans?
(a) A turtle.
(b) A lion.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A bear.
2. What, according to 'Works and Days', does Hesiod say provides food and is not a disgrace?
3. Who kills Medusa in 'Theogony'?
4. What will appear to man when spring begins according to Hesiod's poem, 'Works and Days'?
(a) A peacock.
(b) A swallow.
(c) A woodchuck.
(d) A horse.
5. Who reports to Zeus on the behavior of men?
Short Answer Questions
1. What reputation should men avoid according to 'Works and Days'?
2. What, in 'Works and Days', does Hesiod say his brother should avoid in the winter?
3. In Hesiod's poem 'Works and Days', what does Zeus make man better than?
4. Who, in 'Works and Days', teaches Zeus's maiden for the mortals about deceit?
5. In 'Theogony', which sons does Heaven hate?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)