|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of the Cyclopes?
(a) Brontes, Steroppes and Hera.
(b) Phoebe, Tethys and Arges.
(c) Phoebe, Tethys and Cronos.
(d) Brontes, Steroppes and Arges.
2. Who reports to Zeus on the behavior of men?
3. At the end of Theogony, who does the speaker ask the Muses to sing about?
4. How do the third generation, in 'Works and Days', become spirits?
(a) They destroy each other.
(b) The Gods destroy them.
(c) The Muses destroy them.
(d) A comet hits the earth.
5. Why, in 'Theogony', is the woman whose guile is not to be withstood by men created?
(a) Because man is bored.
(b) As the price for fire.
(c) Because Zeus is bored.
(d) As the price for water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the speaker of 'Theogony' supposed to celebrate?
2. What prophecy do Heaven and Earth tell Cronus about in 'Theogony'?
3. When will the late plower compete with the early plower according to 'Works and Days'?
4. Who does Prometheus steal for in 'Theogony'?
5. According to 'Works and Days', who will punish those who are cruel?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)