|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Medusa killed in 'Theogony'?
(a) Her toes are cut off.
(b) She is drowned.
(c) She is shot.
(d) Her head is cut off.
2. In 'Works and Days', what should the slaves do when Orion appears?
(a) Churn the butter.
(b) Cut the corn.
(c) Winnow the grain.
3. In 'Theogony', what does Medusa suffer from?
(a) A heart attack.
(b) Being ugly.
(c) Being mortal.
4. Who gives birth to Toil, Forgetfulness and Famine.
5. Which son, according to 'Theogony', decides to betray Heaven and help Earth recover his sons?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a little plus a little equal according to Hesiod in 'Works and Days'?
2. How many heads does Geryones have?
3. How do the third generation, in 'Works and Days', become spirits?
4. What is the fourth generation like in 'Works and Days'?
5. The Muses tell a story to Hesiod in 'Theogony'. Who do the Muses say came into the world first?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)