|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to 'Works and Days', who will punish those who are cruel?
2. What happens to the silver generation when Zeus puts them away?
(a) They become the blessed spirits of the underworld.
(b) They become guardians of mortals.
(c) They go to Hades.
(d) They become guardians of Gods.
3. What, according to 'Works and Days', are the men in the silver generation like?
4. What size ship should his brother use if he chooses seafaring, writes Hesiod?
(a) A small ship.
(b) 3 ships.
(c) A medium ship.
(d) A large ship.
5. In 'Works and Days', what should the slaves do when Orion appears?
(a) Winnow the grain.
(b) Cut the corn.
(d) Churn the butter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many goods does Hesiod advise his brother to keep at home?
2. Where does Zeus tie Prometheus?
3. Hesiod discusses the plow season in 'Works and Days'. During the plowing season when will a worker rise?
4. What does Hesiod say is the best type of man in his poem 'Works and Days'?
5. Who does Hesiod write in 'Works and Days' that his brother should sacrifice to?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)