|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hesiod in 'Works and Days', what is the fourth generation made up of?
2. In Hesiod's poem 'Works and Days', what does Zeus make man better than?
(a) The heavens.
(d) The Mountains.
3. Which Goddess, according to 'Theogony', has privileges amongst the heavens, earth and sea?
(c) The titans.
4. How many muses are there?
5. According to 'Theogony', what gift does Zeus give to humans?
Short Answer Questions
1. What will appear to man when spring begins according to Hesiod's poem, 'Works and Days'?
2. In 'Theogony', how long do Zeus and Mnemosyne lay together prior to conceiving the Muses?
3. What creatures are above Typhoeus' neck?
4. What happens to the silver generation when Zeus puts them away?
5. Who does the speaker praise in the beginning of 'Theogony' ?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)