|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Hesiod's poem 'Works and Days', Hesiod suggests that farmers use ox. How old should oxen be when attached to the plow?
2. In 'Theogony', who kills Hydra?
3. What does a little plus a little equal according to Hesiod in 'Works and Days'?
(b) A little.
(c) Much more.
(d) Less than before.
4. How is Medusa killed in 'Theogony'?
(a) She is shot.
(b) She is drowned.
(c) Her head is cut off.
(d) Her toes are cut off.
5. Why should a man be hired at a certain age according to 'Works and Days'?
(a) He will be young.
(b) He will not be distracted.
(c) He will be old.
(d) He will be married.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does 'Works and Days' say a hired man should be?
2. How close is the land of Badness?
3. Who is referred to as the old man in 'Theogony'?
4. What does the fifth generation never rest from in 'Works and Days'?
5. Who, in 'Works and Days', teaches Zeus's maiden for the mortals about deceit?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)