|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reputation should men avoid according to 'Works and Days'?
(a) A stingy reputation.
(b) A pious reputation.
(c) A good reputation.
(d) A bad reputation.
2. What does Hesiod say is the best type of man in his poem 'Works and Days'?
(a) One who is charitable.
(b) One who is wealthy.
(c) One who considers himself.
(d) One who is poor.
3. In 'Works and Days', what does the author ask the Muses of Pieria for?
4. What does Hesiod write in 'Works and Days' that his brother should wear in the winter?
(a) A pair of sandals.
(b) A wool hat.
(c) A thick coat.
(d) Long johns.
5. Hesiod writes about a fable in 'Works and Days'. What bird is Hesiod's fable about?
(a) A mockingbird.
(b) A canary.
(c) A sparrow.
(d) An eagle.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 'Works and Days', who teaches Zeus's maiden for the mortals about grace and beauty?
2. What does Zeus provide man with in 'Works and Days'?
3. How does Heaven's son betray her in 'Theogony'?
4. At the end of Theogony, who does the speaker ask the Muses to sing about?
5. What will appear to man when spring begins according to Hesiod's poem, 'Works and Days'?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)