|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 'Works and Days', who does Hesiod tell his brother not to trust?
2. What is the job of the Muses that 'Theogony' deems most important?
(a) Sing to Zeus.
(b) Create poetry for the Greeks.
(c) Feed dew to heaven-chosen princes.
(d) Feed Zeus grapes.
3. One of Heaven's sons greatly injures her in 'Theogony.' What does the blood of Heaven form after the betrayal?
(a) Night and Day.
(c) Erinyes, Giants and Nymphs.
(d) Erinyes and Nymphs
4. Who reports to Zeus on the behavior of men?
5. What are the names of the Cyclopes?
(a) Phoebe, Tethys and Cronos.
(b) Brontes, Steroppes and Hera.
(c) Brontes, Steroppes and Arges.
(d) Phoebe, Tethys and Arges.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is referred to as the old man in 'Theogony'?
2. How is Medusa killed in 'Theogony'?
3. According to 'Works and Days', when should a father die if a second son is born?
4. Why is Earth mad at Heaven in 'Theogony'?
5. What should be avoided during harvest time according to 'Works and Days'?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)