|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first of Ocean's children to help Zeus fight the Titans in 'Theogony'?
2. In 'Theogony', what do Tethys and Ocean's children become?
3. Apollo and the Muses give a gift to humans in 'Theogony'? Why did they give this gift?
(a) To end sorrow.
(b) To make beauty.
(c) To entertain them.
(d) To give them knowledge.
4. In 'Theogony', where does Zeus' mother hide him?
(a) In a tree.
(b) In a cave.
(c) In a palace.
(d) In the ocean.
5. What animal marks the time for plowing?
(a) The rooster.
(b) The pig.
(c) The sheep.
(d) The crane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to 'Works and Days', are the men in the silver generation like?
2. In what season does 'Work and Days' suggest a wagon be built?
3. According to Hesiod in 'Works and Days', what is the fourth generation made up of?
4. Who is the most awful child of Earth and Heaven?
5. What will happen to those that judge straight according to 'Works and Days'?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)