|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Prometheus try to fool Zeus in the poem 'Theogony'?
(a) He tries to overthrow him.
(b) He unevenly distributes food.
(c) He wears sheep's clothing.
(d) He slips him some wine.
2. Who gives birth to Doom, Fate, Death and Sleep?
(b) The Muses.
3. One of Heaven's sons greatly injures her in 'Theogony.' What does the blood of Heaven form after the betrayal?
(a) Erinyes and Nymphs
(b) Night and Day.
(c) Erinyes, Giants and Nymphs.
4. In Hesiod's poem 'Works and Days', Hesiod suggests that farmers use ox. How old should oxen be when attached to the plow?
5. In 'Theogony', which sons does Heaven hate?
(a) Phoebe, Tethys and Arges.
(b) Zeus and Apollo.
(c) Brontes, Steroppes and Hera.
(d) Cottus, Briareos and Gyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Earth mad at Heaven in 'Theogony'?
2. Who is the hound of Hades?
3. Who eats Prometheus' liver?
4. What does Zeus distribute to the immortals in 'Theogony'?
5. Who is the most awful child of Earth and Heaven?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)