|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Titans creator?
2. According to 'Works and Days', who will punish those who are cruel?
3. How does Heaven's son betray her in 'Theogony'?
(a) He hides Earth.
(b) He shoots her.
(c) He sells a piece of her to Zeus.
(d) He cuts off her members.
4. In 'Theogony', which sons does Heaven hate?
(a) Cottus, Briareos and Gyes.
(b) Zeus and Apollo.
(c) Phoebe, Tethys and Arges.
(d) Brontes, Steroppes and Hera.
5. According to Hesiod in 'Works and Days', what is the fourth generation made up of?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 'Works and Days', who does Hermes deliver the maiden Zeus constructs to?
2. Hesiod writes about a fable in 'Works and Days'. What bird is Hesiod's fable about?
3. How does Prometheus try to fool Zeus in the poem 'Theogony'?
4. What, according to 'Works and Days', does Hesiod say provides food and is not a disgrace?
5. What does Hesiod say is the best type of man in his poem 'Works and Days'?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)