|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How close is the land of goodness?
(b) 20 miles.
(c) Far away.
(d) A lifetime away.
2. In 'Theogony', what does Earth give Cronus to trick him into thinking she gave him a child?
(a) A slaughtered cow.
(b) A slaughtered pig.
(c) A stone wrapped in blankets.
(d) A baby wrapped in blankets.
3. According to 'Theogony', who springs forth from Medusa's wounds?
(b) Hercules and Plato.
(c) Chrysaor and Pegasus.
4. According to 'Theogony', who is the most important Muse?
5. In 'Works and Days', when does Hesiod tell his brother he should chop wood?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 'Theogony', how does Zeus say men who will do not marry will be punished?
2. In 'Works and Days', what should the slaves do when Orion appears?
3. Who does Hesiod say constructs Zeus' maiden for the mortals in 'Works and Days'?
4. Who follows Aphrodite after her birth in 'Theogony'?
5. According to Hesiod in 'Works and Days', what is the fourth generation made up of?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)