|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to 'Works and Days', does Hesiod say provides food and is not a disgrace?
2. Who eventually give Zeus thunder?
(a) The Cyclopes.
3. How did the Titans receive their name?
(a) From their father.
(b) From a fearful deed they committed.
(c) From the Earth.
(d) From Zeus.
4. Where does Zeus tie Prometheus?
(a) To a ship.
(b) To a bull.
(c) To a banshee.
(d) To a rock.
5. According to 'Works and Days', when should a father die if a second son is born?
(a) At old age.
(b) A father should never have a second son.
(d) At a young age.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives birth to Zeus' first child?
2. Who gives birth to Doom, Fate, Death and Sleep?
3. Who does Prometheus steal for in 'Theogony'?
4. Hesiod writes about a fable in 'Works and Days'. What bird is Hesiod's fable about?
5. According to Hesiod in 'Works and Days', what is the fourth generation made up of?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)