|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How close is the land of goodness?
(a) Far away.
(b) A lifetime away.
(c) 20 miles.
2. In the fable in 'Works and Days', who does the bird attack?
(a) A nightingale.
(b) A lion.
(c) A bear.
(d) A tiger.
3. Who is Zeus' first child?
4. Who does Hesiod write in 'Works and Days' that his brother should sacrifice to?
(a) The Gods.
(c) The Muses.
(d) His village.
5. According to 'Works and Days', when should a father die if a second son is born?
(a) At a young age.
(b) At old age.
(d) A father should never have a second son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Medusa in 'Theogony'?
2. Who gives birth to Zeus' first child?
3. What does Hesiod claim in 'Theogony' that Prometheus steals from Zeus?
4. What size ship should his brother use if he chooses seafaring, writes Hesiod?
5. Who is Hercules' mother?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)