|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who guards the Titans after they are defeated in 'Theogony'?
2. Who, in 'Works and Days', should plow men pray to in order to obtain good crops?
(a) Athena and Hercules.
(b) Apollo and Athena.
(c) Zeus and Demeter.
(d) Adonis and Zeus.
3. Who does Justice tell Zeus about?
(a) Gods who commit treason.
(b) Muses who are lazy.
(c) Children who sin.
(d) Men with wicked hearts.
4. In 'Works and Days', where do the third generation's spirits travel?
(b) Mount Olympus.
(c) The heavens.
5. In Hesiod's poem 'Works and Days', what does Zeus make man better than?
(c) The Mountains.
(d) The heavens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hesiod claim in 'Theogony' that Prometheus steals from Zeus?
2. Hesiod writes about a fable in 'Works and Days'. What bird is Hesiod's fable about?
3. Who is Hercules' mother?
4. In the fable in 'Works and Days', who does the bird attack?
5. What temperature, does Hesiod write in 'Works and Days', his brother should avoid?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)