|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the job of the Muses that 'Theogony' deems most important?
(a) Feed Zeus grapes.
(b) Sing to Zeus.
(c) Feed dew to heaven-chosen princes.
(d) Create poetry for the Greeks.
2. What do the race of men created by Cronos enjoy in 'Works and Days'
(a) All bad things.
(c) All good things.
3. Who is the most awful child of Earth and Heaven?
4. What does Zeus send to Menoetius in 'Theogony', as a punishment for his pride?
(b) A curse.
(c) A lightening bolt.
5. In 'Works and Days', how do members of the fourth generation die?
(a) At the hands of Zeus.
(b) During an earthquake.
(c) At sea.
(d) At war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reports to Zeus on the behavior of men?
2. What animal marks the time for plowing?
3. Who eventually give Zeus thunder?
4. Who kills Medusa in 'Theogony'?
5. Who slays Geryones?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)