|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the moral of the fable in 'Works and Days'?
(a) Sinners will be punished.
(b) The meek shall inherit the earth.
(c) Fight till the finish.
(d) Don't try and withstand the stronger being.
2. According to Hesiod in 'Works and Days', what is the fourth generation made up of?
3. Who eventually give Zeus thunder?
(d) The Cyclopes.
4. What, in 'Works and Days', does Hesiod tell his brother to turn his head away from?
(c) His neighbor's wife.
(d) Other's property.
5. What does a good servant do during plow time according to 'Works and Days'?
(a) Cut crops.
(b) Feed the farmer.
(c) Water plants.
(d) Hide seeds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal marks the time for plowing?
2. Who does Hesiod say constructs Zeus' maiden for the mortals in 'Works and Days'?
3. How does Zeus punish men who marry according to 'Theogony'?
4. What does Hesiod advise his brother to do in 'Works and Days'?
5. What, in 'Works and Days', does Hesiod say his brother should avoid in the winter?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)