|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zeus punish men who marry according to 'Theogony'?
(a) They will live in a mixture of good and evil.
(b) The will die a cruel death.
(c) They will cry forever.
(d) They will live forever.
2. In 'Works and Days', what is the name of the maiden Zeus prepares for the mortals?
3. How does Prometheus try to fool Zeus in the poem 'Theogony'?
(a) He slips him some wine.
(b) He wears sheep's clothing.
(c) He tries to overthrow him.
(d) He unevenly distributes food.
4. What does Hesiod advise his brother to do in 'Works and Days'?
5. In 'Works and Days', where do the third generation's spirits travel?
(a) Mount Olympus.
(c) The heavens.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 'Theogony', how long do Zeus and Mnemosyne lay together prior to conceiving the Muses?
2. What reputation should men avoid according to 'Works and Days'?
3. In Hesiod's poem 'Works and Days', Hesiod suggests that farmers use ox. How old should oxen be when attached to the plow?
4. Who does Hesiod write in 'Works and Days' that his brother should sacrifice to?
5. Who gives birth to Doom, Fate, Death and Sleep?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)