|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hesiod say constructs Zeus' maiden for the mortals in 'Works and Days'?
2. How do the third generation, in 'Works and Days', become spirits?
(a) A comet hits the earth.
(b) The Gods destroy them.
(c) The Muses destroy them.
(d) They destroy each other.
3. What creature does Hera raise to plague the Nemeans?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A turtle.
(c) A lion.
(d) A bear.
4. Who is the first of Ocean's children to help Zeus fight the Titans in 'Theogony'?
5. What is Hesiod's parting advice in 'Works and Days'?
(a) Follow the golden rule.
(b) Avoid offending the gods.
(c) Look for the Muses.
(d) Practice what you preach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to 'Works and Days', are the men in the silver generation like?
2. Who gives birth to Doom, Fate, Death and Sleep?
3. What, in 'Works and Days', does Hesiod tell his brother to turn his head away from?
4. In 'Works and Days', what should one wash before crossing a river?
5. What do the race of men created by Cronos enjoy in 'Works and Days'
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)