|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 'Works and Days', what does the author ask the Muses of Pieria for?
2. What trade does Hesiod offer to teach his brother in 'Works and Days'?
3. How does Heaven's son betray her in 'Theogony'?
(a) He sells a piece of her to Zeus.
(b) He cuts off her members.
(c) He shoots her.
(d) He hides Earth.
4. In 'Theogony', who kills Hydra?
5. Who does 'Works and Days' address?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Zeus' first child?
2. Which son, according to 'Theogony', decides to betray Heaven and help Earth recover his sons?
3. How do the third generation, in 'Works and Days', become spirits?
4. In 'Theogony', what do Tethys and Ocean's children become?
5. In 'Works and Days', what is the third generation like?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)