|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to 'Theogony', who is the most important Muse?
2. In what season does 'Work and Days' suggest a wagon be built?
(a) The low season.
(b) The dry season.
(c) The rainy season.
(d) The high season
3. What, in 'Works and Days', does Hesiod tell his brother to turn his head away from?
(b) Other's property.
(c) His neighbor's wife.
4. Who finds the object in 'Works and Days' that Zeus hides from mortals?
(d) Prometheus .
5. Hesiod writes about a fable in 'Works and Days'. What bird is Hesiod's fable about?
(a) A canary.
(b) A sparrow.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A mockingbird.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hesiod claim in 'Theogony' lives in the house of Zeus?
2. In 'Theogony', how does Zeus say men who will do not marry will be punished?
3. In 'Works and Days', when does Hesiod tell his brother he should chop wood?
4. What is the speaker of 'Theogony' supposed to celebrate?
5. What does a good servant do during plow time according to 'Works and Days'?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)