|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pandora release amongst the mortals when she lifts the lid off her jar?
2. What does Zeus send to Menoetius in 'Theogony', as a punishment for his pride?
(a) A lightening bolt.
(d) A curse.
3. What should be avoided during harvest time according to 'Works and Days'?
(a) Hard work.
(b) Sleeping until dawn.
(c) Staying up late.
4. Who should give people wealth according to Hesiod's poem 'Works and Days'?
(b) No one.
(c) Buisness owners.
(d) The Gods.
5. What, according to 'Works and Days', are the men in the silver generation like?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why should a man be hired at a certain age according to 'Works and Days'?
2. In 'Theogony', where does Zeus' mother hide him?
3. Who, in 'Works and Days', teaches Zeus's maiden for the mortals about deceit?
4. What does Hesiod suggest to his brother in 'Works and Days' to do if it is windy outside?
5. What does the speaker learn from the Muses in 'Theogony'?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)