|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Titans creator?
2. Who gives birth to Themisto, Pronoe and Nemertes?
(b) Nereus and Doris.
3. In 'Theogony', how long do Zeus and Mnemosyne lay together prior to conceiving the Muses?
(a) Twenty nights.
(b) Two nights.
(c) Nine nights.
(d) Thirty nights.
4. What does the speaker learn from the Muses in 'Theogony'?
5. Which son, according to 'Theogony', decides to betray Heaven and help Earth recover his sons?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is referred to as the old man in 'Theogony'?
2. According to Hesiod's poem 'Theogony', how does Cronus try to prevent Heaven and Earth's prophecy?
3. Who is Hecate the nurse of?
4. In 'Theogony', where does Zeus' mother hide him?
5. Who rules over the sea?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)