|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives birth to Aether and Day?
(a) Zeus and Hera.
(b) Earth and Eros.
(c) Erebus and Night.
(d) Chaos and Night.
2. Who is the father of gods and men?
3. Who gives birth to Zeus' first child?
4. In 'Theogony', what does Atlas hold?
(a) The globe.
(b) An arrow.
(c) The oceans.
5. Who is the hound of Hades?
(c) The Minotaur.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 'Theogony', which sons does Heaven hate?
2. Who is Zeus' first child?
3. What do Chimaera's heads look like?
4. According to Hesiod's poem 'Theogony', how does Cronus try to prevent Heaven and Earth's prophecy?
5. In 'Theogony', why do the Gods choose Zeus to rule them?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)