|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who eats Prometheus' liver?
(a) A tiger.
(b) An eagle.
(d) A bear.
2. Why, in 'Theogony', is the woman whose guile is not to be withstood by men created?
(a) Because man is bored.
(b) As the price for water.
(c) As the price for fire.
(d) Because Zeus is bored.
3. Who is Hecate the nurse of?
(a) The sick.
(b) The young.
(c) The sad.
(d) The old.
4. How many heads does Geryones have?
5. The Muses tell a story to Hesiod in 'Theogony'. Who do the Muses say came into the world first?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zeus distribute to the immortals in 'Theogony'?
2. According to 'Theogony', who springs forth from Medusa's wounds?
3. What do Chimaera's heads look like?
4. What is Athena's greatest gift?
5. Who follows Aphrodite after her birth in 'Theogony'?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)