|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zeus receive as a reward in 'Theogony' for murdering Cronus?
(b) Thunder and lightning.
(c) Tornados and hurricanes.
(d) Rain and hail.
2. Who rules over the sea?
(d) The mermaids.
3. How did the Titans receive their name?
(a) From the Earth.
(b) From a fearful deed they committed.
(c) From Zeus.
(d) From their father.
4. The Muses tell a story to Hesiod in 'Theogony'. Who do the Muses say came into the world first?
5. Where does Heaven hide the sons she hates in 'Theogony'?
(a) The mountains.
(b) Somewhere on Earth.
(c) Somewhere in Heaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 'Theogony', what does Atlas hold?
2. Who gives birth to Ceto, Eurybia and Nereus?
3. Who is the first of Ocean's children to help Zeus fight the Titans in 'Theogony'?
4. How does Hesiod explain in 'Theogony' that Aphrodite is formed?
5. What animal do Ceto and Phorcys give birth to?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)