|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal do Ceto and Phorcys give birth to?
(a) A fish.
(b) A lion.
(c) A dog.
(d) A snake.
2. Hesiod tells the audience about a prophecy in 'Theogony.' What does Zeus do to his father that Earth and Heaven predicted?
(a) Hugs him.
(b) Kisses him.
(c) Overpowers him.
(d) Murders him.
3. Which Goddess, according to 'Theogony', has privileges amongst the heavens, earth and sea?
(c) The titans.
4. One of Heaven's sons greatly injures her in 'Theogony.' What does the blood of Heaven form after the betrayal?
(a) Erinyes and Nymphs
(c) Night and Day.
(d) Erinyes, Giants and Nymphs.
5. Who gives birth to Heaven, Hills and Pontius?
Short Answer Questions
1. Hesiod discusses the lineage of several Gods in 'Theogony'. Who is Zeus' father?
2. What creature does Hera raise to plague the Nemeans?
3. Who do Thaumas and Electra give birth to?
4. In 'Theogony', what do Tethys and Ocean's children become?
5. How does Prometheus try to fool Zeus in the poem 'Theogony'?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)