|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many heads does Chimaera have?
2. What did the Muses give the speaker in 'Theogony'?
(a) A world as a stage.
(b) A fluent pen.
(c) A swift paint brush.
(d) A divine voice.
3. In 'Theogony', how does Zeus say men who will do not marry will be punished?
(a) They will die a cruel death.
(b) They will live forever.
(c) They will have no one to take care of them.
(d) They will be marked with a curse.
4. Who is the Titans creator?
5. What do Chimaera's heads look like?
(a) Different beasts.
(b) Different humans.
(c) Different fish.
(d) Different Gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hesiod tells the audience about a prophecy in 'Theogony.' What does Zeus do to his father that Earth and Heaven predicted?
2. Whose conception does the speaker write about at the start of 'Theogony'?
3. Apollo and the Muses give a gift to humans in 'Theogony'? Why did they give this gift?
4. What happens in 'Theogony' when Zeus murders Cronus?
5. Who is Zeus' first child?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)