|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 'Theogony', how does Zeus say men who will do not marry will be punished?
(a) They will live forever.
(b) They will have no one to take care of them.
(c) They will be marked with a curse.
(d) They will die a cruel death.
2. Where does Heaven hide the sons she hates in 'Theogony'?
(a) Somewhere on Earth.
(b) Somewhere in Heaven.
(c) The mountains.
3. Who gives birth to Aether and Day?
(a) Chaos and Night.
(b) Earth and Eros.
(c) Erebus and Night.
(d) Zeus and Hera.
4. Who lives in a cave under a rock in 'Theogony'?
5. According to Hesiod's poem 'Theogony', how does Cronus try to prevent Heaven and Earth's prophecy?
(a) He murders Zeus.
(b) He swallows his children.
(c) He kills his children
(d) He does nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Apollo and the Muses give a gift to humans in 'Theogony'? Why did they give this gift?
2. What animal do Ceto and Phorcys give birth to?
3. How did the Titans receive their name?
4. Where is Zeus born?
5. How many heads does Geryones have?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)