|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the job of the Muses that 'Theogony' deems most important?
(a) Create poetry for the Greeks.
(b) Sing to Zeus.
(c) Feed dew to heaven-chosen princes.
(d) Feed Zeus grapes.
2. Who gives birth to Ceto, Eurybia and Nereus?
3. Who is Hercules' mother?
(a) A muse.
(b) A sea nymph.
(c) A God.
(d) A mortal.
4. One of Heaven's sons greatly injures her in 'Theogony.' What does the blood of Heaven form after the betrayal?
(b) Erinyes and Nymphs
(c) Night and Day.
(d) Erinyes, Giants and Nymphs.
5. Who kills Medusa in 'Theogony'?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Medusa killed in 'Theogony'?
2. Apollo and the Muses give a gift to humans in 'Theogony'? Why did they give this gift?
3. Who is the most awful child of Earth and Heaven?
4. The Muses tell a story to Hesiod in 'Theogony'. Who do the Muses say came into the world first?
5. What gift do Apollo and the muses give humans in 'Theogony'?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)