|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 'Theogony', who does Zeus honor above all the other Gods?
2. Who slays Geryones?
3. What is the job of the Muses that 'Theogony' deems most important?
(a) Feed dew to heaven-chosen princes.
(b) Feed Zeus grapes.
(c) Sing to Zeus.
(d) Create poetry for the Greeks.
4. Who eats Prometheus' liver?
(a) An eagle.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A bear.
5. Who eventually give Zeus thunder?
(c) The Cyclopes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the Cyclopes?
2. Who does Prometheus steal for in 'Theogony'?
3. Why is Earth mad at Heaven in 'Theogony'?
4. What does Hesiod claim in 'Theogony' that Prometheus steals from Zeus?
5. One of Heaven's sons greatly injures her in 'Theogony.' What does the blood of Heaven form after the betrayal?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)