|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zeus receive as a reward in 'Theogony' for murdering Cronus?
(a) Tornados and hurricanes.
(b) Thunder and lightning.
(c) Rain and hail.
2. In 'Theogony', which sons does Heaven hate?
(a) Cottus, Briareos and Gyes.
(b) Zeus and Apollo.
(c) Phoebe, Tethys and Arges.
(d) Brontes, Steroppes and Hera.
3. Who is the most awful child of Earth and Heaven?
4. How did the Titans receive their name?
(a) From Zeus.
(b) From a fearful deed they committed.
(c) From their father.
(d) From the Earth.
5. Hesiod discusses the lineage of several Gods in 'Theogony'. Who is Zeus' father?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 'Theogony', who does Zeus honor above all the other Gods?
2. Who is the Titans creator?
3. In 'Theogony', why do the Gods choose Zeus to rule them?
4. How does Zeus punish men who marry according to 'Theogony'?
5. Where is Zeus born?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)