|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Prometheus' liver every day?
(a) It reforms.
(b) It changes color.
(c) It comes to life.
(d) It dies.
2. In 'Theogony', how long do Zeus and Mnemosyne lay together prior to conceiving the Muses?
(a) Twenty nights.
(b) Thirty nights.
(c) Two nights.
(d) Nine nights.
3. Who gives birth to the Cyclopes?
4. What does Zeus send to Menoetius in 'Theogony', as a punishment for his pride?
(b) A lightening bolt.
(d) A curse.
5. In 'Theogony', what does Atlas hold?
(a) The globe.
(c) The oceans.
(d) An arrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hercules' mother?
2. According to Hesiod's poem 'Theogony', how does Cronus try to prevent Heaven and Earth's prophecy?
3. How did the Titans receive their name?
4. Where do the Muses live?
5. Who gives birth to Toil, Forgetfulness and Famine.
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)