|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Muses give the speaker in 'Theogony'?
(a) A fluent pen.
(b) A swift paint brush.
(c) A divine voice.
(d) A world as a stage.
2. In 'Theogony', what does Atlas hold?
(b) An arrow.
(c) The globe.
(d) The oceans.
3. How does Hesiod explain in 'Theogony' that Aphrodite is formed?
(a) From sea foam.
(b) From clay.
(c) From falling stars.
(d) From diamonds.
4. Who do Thaumas and Electra give birth to?
(a) Iris, Harpies, Aello and Ocypetes.
(b) Earth-Shaker and Zeus.
(c) Crato and Bia.
(d) Epithetheus and Prometheus.
5. Who gives birth to Ceto, Eurybia and Nereus?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 'Theogony', how long do Zeus and Mnemosyne lay together prior to conceiving the Muses?
2. Who is referred to as the old man in 'Theogony'?
3. How many heads does Geryones have?
4. Who is the Titans creator?
5. Apollo and the Muses give a gift to humans in 'Theogony'? Why did they give this gift?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)