|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who slays Geryones?
2. How does Zeus punish men who marry according to 'Theogony'?
(a) The will die a cruel death.
(b) They will live in a mixture of good and evil.
(c) They will live forever.
(d) They will cry forever.
3. What gift do Apollo and the muses give humans in 'Theogony'?
4. According to Hesiod's poem 'Theogony', how does Cronus try to prevent Heaven and Earth's prophecy?
(a) He murders Zeus.
(b) He does nothing.
(c) He kills his children
(d) He swallows his children.
5. Where does Zeus tie Prometheus?
(a) To a bull.
(b) To a banshee.
(c) To a rock.
(d) To a ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives birth to Zeus' first child?
2. What does Zeus receive as a reward in 'Theogony' for murdering Cronus?
3. Which Goddess, according to 'Theogony', has privileges amongst the heavens, earth and sea?
4. Who kills Chimaera?
5. What animal do Ceto and Phorcys give birth to?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)