|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hesiod explain in 'Theogony' that Aphrodite is formed?
(a) From falling stars.
(b) From diamonds.
(c) From sea foam.
(d) From clay.
2. Hesiod tells the audience about a prophecy in 'Theogony.' What does Zeus do to his father that Earth and Heaven predicted?
(a) Hugs him.
(b) Murders him.
(c) Overpowers him.
(d) Kisses him.
3. Who guards the Titans after they are defeated in 'Theogony'?
4. Where does Zeus tie Prometheus?
(a) To a rock.
(b) To a bull.
(c) To a banshee.
(d) To a ship.
5. Who kills Chimaera?
(a) Pegasus and Bellerophone.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 'Theogony', where does Zeus' mother hide him?
2. What happens in 'Theogony' when Zeus murders Cronus?
3. What is the job of the Muses that 'Theogony' deems most important?
4. In 'Theogony', what does Earth give Cronus to trick him into thinking she gave him a child?
5. How many muses are there?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)