|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives birth to Aether and Day?
(a) Zeus and Hera.
(b) Chaos and Night.
(c) Earth and Eros.
(d) Erebus and Night.
2. What prophecy do Heaven and Earth tell Cronus about in 'Theogony'?
(a) That he will be overthrown by his daughter.
(b) That he will rule the gods.
(c) That he will be overthrown by his son.
(d) That he will live forever.
3. Who kills Medusa in 'Theogony'?
4. Which son, according to 'Theogony', decides to betray Heaven and help Earth recover his sons?
5. In 'Theogony', why do the Gods choose Zeus to rule them?
(a) He controls lightning.
(b) He controls thunder.
(c) He beat the Titans.
(d) He beats Typhoeus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the father of gods and men?
2. What does the speaker learn from the Muses in 'Theogony'?
3. Who gives birth to Doom, Fate, Death and Sleep?
4. In 'Theogony', who does Zeus honor above all the other Gods?
5. Who is Hecate the nurse of?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)