|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 'Theogony', who kills Hydra?
2. Hesiod tells the audience about a prophecy in 'Theogony.' What does Zeus do to his father that Earth and Heaven predicted?
(a) Murders him.
(b) Hugs him.
(c) Kisses him.
(d) Overpowers him.
3. At the end of Theogony, who does the speaker ask the Muses to sing about?
4. Apollo and the Muses give a gift to humans in 'Theogony'? Why did they give this gift?
(a) To give them knowledge.
(b) To make beauty.
(c) To entertain them.
(d) To end sorrow.
5. Where is Zeus born?
(a) On top of a mountain.
(b) In heaven.
(c) Lyetus of Crete.
(d) Rome, Italy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives birth to Toil, Forgetfulness and Famine.
2. Who guards the Titans after they are defeated in 'Theogony'?
3. Who rules over the sea?
4. What did the Muses give the speaker in 'Theogony'?
5. Who follows Aphrodite after her birth in 'Theogony'?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)