|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives birth to Doom, Fate, Death and Sleep?
(d) The Muses.
2. What animal do Ceto and Phorcys give birth to?
(a) A lion.
(b) A fish.
(c) A snake.
(d) A dog.
3. Who eventually give Zeus thunder?
(d) The Cyclopes.
4. How does Zeus punish men who marry according to 'Theogony'?
(a) The will die a cruel death.
(b) They will cry forever.
(c) They will live forever.
(d) They will live in a mixture of good and evil.
5. Where is Zeus born?
(a) Rome, Italy.
(b) In heaven.
(c) Lyetus of Crete.
(d) On top of a mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the Cyclopes?
2. Which Goddess, according to 'Theogony', has privileges amongst the heavens, earth and sea?
3. What prophecy do Heaven and Earth tell Cronus about in 'Theogony'?
4. The Muses tell a story to Hesiod in 'Theogony'. Who do the Muses say came into the world first?
5. According to 'Theogony', who springs forth from Medusa's wounds?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)