|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 'Theogony', which sons does Heaven hate?
(a) Brontes, Steroppes and Hera.
(b) Cottus, Briareos and Gyes.
(c) Phoebe, Tethys and Arges.
(d) Zeus and Apollo.
2. The Muses tell a story to Hesiod in 'Theogony'. Who do the Muses say came into the world first?
3. Who gives birth to Doom, Fate, Death and Sleep?
(a) The Muses.
4. Who gives birth to Toil, Forgetfulness and Famine.
5. What is Athena's greatest gift?
(c) The arts.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Theogony, who does the speaker ask the Muses to sing about?
2. How many heads does Geryones have?
3. In 'Theogony', who does Zeus honor above all the other Gods?
4. In 'Theogony', who kills Hydra?
5. What happens to Prometheus' liver every day?
This section contains 148 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)