|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zeus receive as a reward in 'Theogony' for murdering Cronus?
(a) Tornados and hurricanes.
(b) Rain and hail.
(d) Thunder and lightning.
2. Who is referred to as the old man in 'Theogony'?
3. Who does Hesiod claim in 'Theogony' lives in the house of Zeus?
(a) Styx's children.
(b) Kindle's children.
(c) Lake's children.
(d) Ocean's children.
4. What creatures are above Typhoeus' neck?
(a) Lions and tigers.
(b) Snakes and dragons.
(c) Fish and sharks.
(d) Dogs and cats.
5. In 'Theogony', how long do Zeus and Mnemosyne lay together prior to conceiving the Muses?
(a) Twenty nights.
(b) Two nights.
(c) Thirty nights.
(d) Nine nights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives birth to Themisto, Pronoe and Nemertes?
2. What prophecy do Heaven and Earth tell Cronus about in 'Theogony'?
3. Who gives birth to Toil, Forgetfulness and Famine.
4. Who eventually give Zeus thunder?
5. What happens to Prometheus' liver every day?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)