|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hesiod claim in 'Theogony' that Prometheus steals from Zeus?
2. In 'Theogony', what does Earth give Cronus to trick him into thinking she gave him a child?
(a) A slaughtered pig.
(b) A baby wrapped in blankets.
(c) A stone wrapped in blankets.
(d) A slaughtered cow.
3. Who follows Aphrodite after her birth in 'Theogony'?
(b) Eros and Jealousy.
(c) Zeus and Hera.
(d) Eros and Desire.
4. What prophecy do Heaven and Earth tell Cronus about in 'Theogony'?
(a) That he will rule the gods.
(b) That he will be overthrown by his son.
(c) That he will live forever.
(d) That he will be overthrown by his daughter.
5. How is Medusa killed in 'Theogony'?
(a) Her head is cut off.
(b) She is drowned.
(c) Her toes are cut off.
(d) She is shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lives in a cave under a rock in 'Theogony'?
2. According to 'Theogony', who is the most important Muse?
3. What do Chimaera's heads look like?
4. What happens in 'Theogony' when Zeus murders Cronus?
5. What gift do Apollo and the muses give humans in 'Theogony'?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)