|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Prometheus steal for in 'Theogony'?
2. How does Hesiod explain in 'Theogony' that Aphrodite is formed?
(a) From falling stars.
(b) From sea foam.
(c) From clay.
(d) From diamonds.
3. How many heads does Chimaera have?
4. In 'Theogony', how long do Zeus and Mnemosyne lay together prior to conceiving the Muses?
(a) Twenty nights.
(b) Thirty nights.
(c) Two nights.
(d) Nine nights.
5. Who guards the Titans after they are defeated in 'Theogony'?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to 'Theogony', what gift does Zeus give to humans?
2. Who slays Geryones?
3. What happens in 'Theogony' when Zeus murders Cronus?
4. Hesiod tells the audience about a prophecy in 'Theogony.' What does Zeus do to his father that Earth and Heaven predicted?
5. In 'Theogony', which sons does Heaven hate?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)