|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills Medusa in 'Theogony'?
2. How does Heaven's son betray her in 'Theogony'?
(a) He hides Earth.
(b) He cuts off her members.
(c) He shoots her.
(d) He sells a piece of her to Zeus.
3. What did the Muses give the speaker in 'Theogony'?
(a) A swift paint brush.
(b) A world as a stage.
(c) A fluent pen.
(d) A divine voice.
4. According to 'Theogony', who springs forth from Medusa's wounds?
(c) Hercules and Plato.
(d) Chrysaor and Pegasus.
5. What happens in 'Theogony' when Zeus murders Cronus?
(a) Zeus does not murder Cronus.
(b) Cronus lives forever.
(c) Cronus vomits up his children.
(d) Cronus dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives birth to Toil, Forgetfulness and Famine.
2. Who does Prometheus steal for in 'Theogony'?
3. What is the job of the Muses that 'Theogony' deems most important?
4. What animal do Ceto and Phorcys give birth to?
5. Where is Zeus born?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)