|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Muses live?
(a) Mt. Olympus.
(b) Mt. Fuigi.
(c) On the River Styx.
2. Who does the speaker praise in the beginning of 'Theogony' ?
(b) His father.
3. What do Chimaera's heads look like?
(a) Different beasts.
(b) Different Gods.
(c) Different humans.
(d) Different fish.
4. Who gives birth to Ceto, Eurybia and Nereus?
5. Who does Hesiod claim in 'Theogony' lives in the house of Zeus?
(a) Kindle's children.
(b) Ocean's children.
(c) Styx's children.
(d) Lake's children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Ceto and Phrocys give birth to?
2. In 'Theogony', what does Atlas hold?
3. Who gives birth to Toil, Forgetfulness and Famine.
4. What gift do Apollo and the muses give humans in 'Theogony'?
5. Why, in 'Theogony', is the woman whose guile is not to be withstood by men created?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)