|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Thaumas and Electra give birth to?
(a) Epithetheus and Prometheus.
(b) Iris, Harpies, Aello and Ocypetes.
(c) Crato and Bia.
(d) Earth-Shaker and Zeus.
2. Where is Zeus born?
(a) Lyetus of Crete.
(b) In heaven.
(c) Rome, Italy.
(d) On top of a mountain.
3. How many heads does Chimaera have?
4. Who is the first of Ocean's children to help Zeus fight the Titans in 'Theogony'?
5. In 'Theogony', who does Zeus honor above all the other Gods?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the hound of Hades?
2. Which son, according to 'Theogony', decides to betray Heaven and help Earth recover his sons?
3. What does Hesiod claim in 'Theogony' that Prometheus steals from Zeus?
4. At the end of Theogony, who does the speaker ask the Muses to sing about?
5. In 'Theogony', how long do Zeus and Mnemosyne lay together prior to conceiving the Muses?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)