|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What creatures are above Typhoeus' neck?
(a) Lions and tigers.
(b) Snakes and dragons.
(c) Fish and sharks.
(d) Dogs and cats.
2. What does Zeus receive as a reward in 'Theogony' for murdering Cronus?
(a) Tornados and hurricanes.
(c) Rain and hail.
(d) Thunder and lightning.
3. Who is the hound of Hades?
(c) The Minotaur.
4. Whose conception does the speaker write about at the start of 'Theogony'?
(b) The Muses.
5. What happens in 'Theogony' when Zeus murders Cronus?
(a) Cronus dies.
(b) Cronus lives forever.
(c) Zeus does not murder Cronus.
(d) Cronus vomits up his children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal do Ceto and Phorcys give birth to?
2. At the end of Theogony, who does the speaker ask the Muses to sing about?
3. Who gives birth to Toil, Forgetfulness and Famine.
4. One of Heaven's sons greatly injures her in 'Theogony.' What does the blood of Heaven form after the betrayal?
5. Who kills Medusa in 'Theogony'?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)