|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who eats Prometheus' liver?
(a) An eagle.
(c) A bear.
(d) A tiger.
2. Who gives birth to the Cyclopes?
3. At the end of Theogony, who does the speaker ask the Muses to sing about?
4. What is Athena's greatest gift?
(a) The arts.
5. In 'Theogony', how does Zeus say men who will do not marry will be punished?
(a) They will be marked with a curse.
(b) They will live forever.
(c) They will have no one to take care of them.
(d) They will die a cruel death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who eventually give Zeus thunder?
2. What is the job of the Muses that 'Theogony' deems most important?
3. Who does Hesiod claim in 'Theogony' lives in the house of Zeus?
4. Who kills Medusa in 'Theogony'?
5. How does Heaven's son betray her in 'Theogony'?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)