|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Titans receive their name?
(a) From their father.
(b) From a fearful deed they committed.
(c) From the Earth.
(d) From Zeus.
2. In 'Theogony', how does Zeus say men who will do not marry will be punished?
(a) They will have no one to take care of them.
(b) They will die a cruel death.
(c) They will live forever.
(d) They will be marked with a curse.
3. Who is the most awful child of Earth and Heaven?
4. How does Zeus punish men who marry according to 'Theogony'?
(a) They will live in a mixture of good and evil.
(b) The will die a cruel death.
(c) They will cry forever.
(d) They will live forever.
5. Who is referred to as the old man in 'Theogony'?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Ceto and Phrocys give birth to?
2. What does Hesiod claim in 'Theogony' that Prometheus steals from Zeus?
3. How many heads does Chimaera have?
4. Hesiod tells the audience about a prophecy in 'Theogony.' What does Zeus do to his father that Earth and Heaven predicted?
5. Who kills Medusa in 'Theogony'?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)