|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the speaker of 'Theogony' supposed to celebrate?
(a) The Gods.
(c) The Muses.
(d) The Heavens.
2. At the end of Theogony, who does the speaker ask the Muses to sing about?
3. Who gives birth to the Cyclopes?
4. Who does the speaker praise in the beginning of 'Theogony' ?
(a) His father.
5. The Muses tell a story to Hesiod in 'Theogony'. Who do the Muses say came into the world first?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the Cyclopes?
2. Who eats Prometheus' liver?
3. Which son, according to 'Theogony', decides to betray Heaven and help Earth recover his sons?
4. How many muses are there?
5. Where is Zeus born?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)