|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many heads does Geryones have?
2. What prophecy do Heaven and Earth tell Cronus about in 'Theogony'?
(a) That he will rule the gods.
(b) That he will be overthrown by his son.
(c) That he will live forever.
(d) That he will be overthrown by his daughter.
3. Who is Hercules' mother?
(a) A mortal.
(b) A muse.
(c) A God.
(d) A sea nymph.
4. One of Heaven's sons greatly injures her in 'Theogony.' What does the blood of Heaven form after the betrayal?
(a) Erinyes, Giants and Nymphs.
(b) Erinyes and Nymphs
(d) Night and Day.
5. Why is Earth mad at Heaven in 'Theogony'?
(a) She has an affair.
(b) She hid his sons.
(c) She betrayed him.
(d) She disobeyed him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 'Theogony', who does Zeus honor above all the other Gods?
2. What gift do Apollo and the muses give humans in 'Theogony'?
3. In 'Theogony', where does Zeus' mother hide him?
4. Who does Prometheus steal for in 'Theogony'?
5. What creature does Hera raise to plague the Nemeans?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)