|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hesiod tells the audience about a prophecy in 'Theogony.' What does Zeus do to his father that Earth and Heaven predicted?
(a) Hugs him.
(b) Murders him.
(c) Kisses him.
(d) Overpowers him.
2. How many muses are there?
3. What is the job of the Muses that 'Theogony' deems most important?
(a) Feed Zeus grapes.
(b) Feed dew to heaven-chosen princes.
(c) Sing to Zeus.
(d) Create poetry for the Greeks.
4. Who gives birth to Toil, Forgetfulness and Famine.
5. In 'Theogony', how long do Zeus and Mnemosyne lay together prior to conceiving the Muses?
(a) Twenty nights.
(b) Two nights.
(c) Thirty nights.
(d) Nine nights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives birth to the Cyclopes?
2. Where is Zeus born?
3. Which Goddess, according to 'Theogony', has privileges amongst the heavens, earth and sea?
4. In 'Theogony', what do Tethys and Ocean's children become?
5. What gift do Apollo and the muses give humans in 'Theogony'?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)