|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives birth to Toil, Forgetfulness and Famine.
2. Who do Ceto and Phrocys give birth to?
3. Which Goddess, according to 'Theogony', has privileges amongst the heavens, earth and sea?
(a) The titans.
4. Who rules over the sea?
(a) The mermaids.
5. According to Hesiod's poem 'Theogony', how does Cronus try to prevent Heaven and Earth's prophecy?
(a) He murders Zeus.
(b) He does nothing.
(c) He kills his children
(d) He swallows his children.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hesiod explain in 'Theogony' that Aphrodite is formed?
2. In 'Theogony', what does Atlas hold?
3. How many muses are there?
4. Who is Hercules' mother?
5. What are the names of the Cyclopes?
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)