|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hesiod explain in 'Theogony' that Aphrodite is formed?
(a) From diamonds.
(b) From falling stars.
(c) From clay.
(d) From sea foam.
2. What creature does Hera raise to plague the Nemeans?
(a) A turtle.
(b) A lion.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A bear.
3. Who is the father of gods and men?
4. What prophecy do Heaven and Earth tell Cronus about in 'Theogony'?
(a) That he will live forever.
(b) That he will be overthrown by his daughter.
(c) That he will be overthrown by his son.
(d) That he will rule the gods.
5. What is Athena's greatest gift?
(c) The arts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is referred to as the old man in 'Theogony'?
2. In 'Theogony', what does Atlas hold?
3. Where does Zeus tie Prometheus?
4. Where does Heaven hide the sons she hates in 'Theogony'?
5. Who is Zeus' first child?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)