|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 'Theogony', what does Earth give Cronus to trick him into thinking she gave him a child?
(a) A baby wrapped in blankets.
(b) A stone wrapped in blankets.
(c) A slaughtered pig.
(d) A slaughtered cow.
2. In 'Theogony', why do the Gods choose Zeus to rule them?
(a) He beats Typhoeus.
(b) He beat the Titans.
(c) He controls lightning.
(d) He controls thunder.
3. Who is the first of Ocean's children to help Zeus fight the Titans in 'Theogony'?
4. Who eats Prometheus' liver?
(a) A bear.
(b) An eagle.
(d) A tiger.
5. Apollo and the Muses give a gift to humans in 'Theogony'? Why did they give this gift?
(a) To end sorrow.
(b) To entertain them.
(c) To make beauty.
(d) To give them knowledge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the speaker of 'Theogony'?
2. Who lives in a cave under a rock in 'Theogony'?
3. Who gives birth to Ceto, Eurybia and Nereus?
4. Who is Hecate the nurse of?
5. Hesiod discusses the lineage of several Gods in 'Theogony'. Who is Zeus' father?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)