|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 'Theogony', where does Zeus' mother hide him?
(a) In a tree.
(b) In a palace.
(c) In the ocean.
(d) In a cave.
2. What are the names of the Cyclopes?
(a) Phoebe, Tethys and Arges.
(b) Brontes, Steroppes and Hera.
(c) Phoebe, Tethys and Cronos.
(d) Brontes, Steroppes and Arges.
3. In 'Theogony', how long do Zeus and Mnemosyne lay together prior to conceiving the Muses?
(a) Thirty nights.
(b) Twenty nights.
(c) Nine nights.
(d) Two nights.
4. What is the job of the Muses that 'Theogony' deems most important?
(a) Feed dew to heaven-chosen princes.
(b) Feed Zeus grapes.
(c) Sing to Zeus.
(d) Create poetry for the Greeks.
5. How many heads does Chimaera have?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 'Theogony', who kills Hydra?
2. Who is referred to as the old man in 'Theogony'?
3. Who eats Prometheus' liver?
4. Who gives birth to Aether and Day?
5. How many muses are there?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)