|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hesiod discusses the lineage of several Gods in 'Theogony'. Who is Zeus' father?
2. Who is the most awful child of Earth and Heaven?
3. According to 'Theogony', what gift does Zeus give to humans?
4. In 'Theogony', what story does the speaker ask the Muses to tell him first?
(a) How fire was invented.
(b) How the rain came.
(c) How the first gods and earth came to be.
(d) Who invented the wheel.
5. How many heads does Geryones have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first of Ocean's children to help Zeus fight the Titans in 'Theogony'?
2. Who guards the Titans after they are defeated in 'Theogony'?
3. Where is Zeus born?
4. Who eventually give Zeus thunder?
5. One of Heaven's sons greatly injures her in 'Theogony.' What does the blood of Heaven form after the betrayal?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)