|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Apollo and the Muses give a gift to humans in 'Theogony'? Why did they give this gift?
(a) To end sorrow.
(b) To give them knowledge.
(c) To entertain them.
(d) To make beauty.
2. Who is the first of Ocean's children to help Zeus fight the Titans in 'Theogony'?
3. Who is Zeus' first child?
4. According to 'Theogony', who is the most important Muse?
5. In 'Theogony', what does Atlas hold?
(a) An arrow.
(b) The globe.
(c) The oceans.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Theogony, who does the speaker ask the Muses to sing about?
2. Who is the most awful child of Earth and Heaven?
3. What does Hesiod claim in 'Theogony' that Prometheus steals from Zeus?
4. Who does the speaker praise in the beginning of 'Theogony' ?
5. Who is the father of gods and men?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)