|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives birth to Zeus' first child?
2. Where does Zeus tie Prometheus?
(a) To a rock.
(b) To a bull.
(c) To a banshee.
(d) To a ship.
3. Who is Hercules' mother?
(a) A muse.
(b) A sea nymph.
(c) A mortal.
(d) A God.
4. Who do Ceto and Phrocys give birth to?
5. What is the speaker of 'Theogony' supposed to celebrate?
(a) The Heavens.
(b) The Muses.
(d) The Gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hesiod's poem 'Theogony', how does Cronus try to prevent Heaven and Earth's prophecy?
2. What creatures are above Typhoeus' neck?
3. In 'Theogony', where does Zeus' mother hide him?
4. In 'Theogony', who kills Hydra?
5. Who gives birth to Aether and Day?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)