|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the speaker praise in the beginning of 'Theogony' ?
(c) His father.
2. Whose conception does the speaker write about at the start of 'Theogony'?
(d) The Muses.
3. Who gives birth to the Cyclopes?
4. Who is the first of Ocean's children to help Zeus fight the Titans in 'Theogony'?
5. What is the speaker of 'Theogony' supposed to celebrate?
(b) The Muses.
(c) The Gods.
(d) The Heavens.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zeus punish men who marry according to 'Theogony'?
2. According to 'Theogony', who springs forth from Medusa's wounds?
3. In 'Theogony', where does Zeus' mother hide him?
4. In 'Theogony', how does Zeus say men who will do not marry will be punished?
5. Who does Hesiod claim in 'Theogony' lives in the house of Zeus?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)