|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to 'Theogony', what gift does Zeus give to humans?
2. What are the names of the Cyclopes?
(a) Brontes, Steroppes and Arges.
(b) Brontes, Steroppes and Hera.
(c) Phoebe, Tethys and Cronos.
(d) Phoebe, Tethys and Arges.
3. According to 'Theogony', who is the most important Muse?
4. How does Hesiod explain in 'Theogony' that Aphrodite is formed?
(a) From falling stars.
(b) From diamonds.
(c) From sea foam.
(d) From clay.
5. What is the job of the Muses that 'Theogony' deems most important?
(a) Create poetry for the Greeks.
(b) Feed Zeus grapes.
(c) Feed dew to heaven-chosen princes.
(d) Sing to Zeus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Heaven hide the sons she hates in 'Theogony'?
2. In 'Theogony', how long do Zeus and Mnemosyne lay together prior to conceiving the Muses?
3. Where do the Muses live?
4. Who gives birth to Aether and Day?
5. What is the speaker of 'Theogony' supposed to celebrate?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)