|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 'Theogony', who does Zeus honor above all the other Gods?
2. According to Hesiod's poem 'Theogony', how does Cronus try to prevent Heaven and Earth's prophecy?
(a) He kills his children
(b) He does nothing.
(c) He swallows his children.
(d) He murders Zeus.
3. What does the speaker learn from the Muses in 'Theogony'?
4. According to 'Theogony', who is the most important Muse?
5. Who does Prometheus steal for in 'Theogony'?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which son, according to 'Theogony', decides to betray Heaven and help Earth recover his sons?
2. Hesiod tells the audience about a prophecy in 'Theogony.' What does Zeus do to his father that Earth and Heaven predicted?
3. Who kills Medusa in 'Theogony'?
4. Where does Heaven hide the sons she hates in 'Theogony'?
5. How did the Titans receive their name?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)