|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Hecate the nurse of?
(a) The young.
(b) The old.
(c) The sick.
(d) The sad.
2. How many heads does Geryones have?
3. At the end of Theogony, who does the speaker ask the Muses to sing about?
4. How did the Titans receive their name?
(a) From a fearful deed they committed.
(b) From the Earth.
(c) From their father.
(d) From Zeus.
5. How does Hesiod explain in 'Theogony' that Aphrodite is formed?
(a) From sea foam.
(b) From clay.
(c) From falling stars.
(d) From diamonds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the Cyclopes?
2. Who is the hound of Hades?
3. The Muses tell a story to Hesiod in 'Theogony'. Who do the Muses say came into the world first?
4. What gift do Apollo and the muses give humans in 'Theogony'?
5. Whose conception does the speaker write about at the start of 'Theogony'?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)