|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who rules over the sea?
(b) The mermaids.
2. What is the speaker of 'Theogony' supposed to celebrate?
(b) The Gods.
(c) The Heavens.
(d) The Muses.
3. What does Zeus distribute to the immortals in 'Theogony'?
4. At the end of Theogony, who does the speaker ask the Muses to sing about?
5. Apollo and the Muses give a gift to humans in 'Theogony'? Why did they give this gift?
(a) To give them knowledge.
(b) To make beauty.
(c) To end sorrow.
(d) To entertain them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many heads does Chimaera have?
2. How did the Titans receive their name?
3. Who does Hesiod claim in 'Theogony' lives in the house of Zeus?
4. In 'Theogony', what story does the speaker ask the Muses to tell him first?
5. What prophecy do Heaven and Earth tell Cronus about in 'Theogony'?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)