|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prophecy do Heaven and Earth tell Cronus about in 'Theogony'?
(a) That he will be overthrown by his daughter.
(b) That he will be overthrown by his son.
(c) That he will rule the gods.
(d) That he will live forever.
2. What happens to Prometheus' liver every day?
(a) It comes to life.
(b) It dies.
(c) It changes color.
(d) It reforms.
3. What does Zeus receive as a reward in 'Theogony' for murdering Cronus?
(a) Thunder and lightning.
(c) Tornados and hurricanes.
(d) Rain and hail.
4. What animal do Ceto and Phorcys give birth to?
(a) A lion.
(b) A dog.
(c) A snake.
(d) A fish.
5. Who gives birth to Heaven, Hills and Pontius?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lives in a cave under a rock in 'Theogony'?
2. What does Zeus distribute to the immortals in 'Theogony'?
3. In 'Theogony', how long do Zeus and Mnemosyne lay together prior to conceiving the Muses?
4. What are the names of the Cyclopes?
5. Who does the speaker praise in the beginning of 'Theogony' ?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)