|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Ceto and Phrocys give birth to?
2. Who rules over the sea?
(d) The mermaids.
3. What does Zeus distribute to the immortals in 'Theogony'?
4. Who is Hecate the nurse of?
(a) The old.
(b) The young.
(c) The sick.
(d) The sad.
5. What is the job of the Muses that 'Theogony' deems most important?
(a) Create poetry for the Greeks.
(b) Feed dew to heaven-chosen princes.
(c) Sing to Zeus.
(d) Feed Zeus grapes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why, in 'Theogony', is the woman whose guile is not to be withstood by men created?
2. Hesiod tells the audience about a prophecy in 'Theogony.' What does Zeus do to his father that Earth and Heaven predicted?
3. Where do the Muses live?
4. Which son, according to 'Theogony', decides to betray Heaven and help Earth recover his sons?
5. Apollo and the Muses give a gift to humans in 'Theogony'? Why did they give this gift?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)