|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the hound of Hades?
(c) The Minotaur.
2. What is Athena's greatest gift?
(c) The arts.
3. Who is the father of gods and men?
4. How did the Titans receive their name?
(a) From Zeus.
(b) From the Earth.
(c) From a fearful deed they committed.
(d) From their father.
5. Who do Ceto and Phrocys give birth to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Earth mad at Heaven in 'Theogony'?
2. What happens in 'Theogony' when Zeus murders Cronus?
3. According to Hesiod's poem 'Theogony', how does Cronus try to prevent Heaven and Earth's prophecy?
4. At the end of Theogony, who does the speaker ask the Muses to sing about?
5. In 'Theogony', what does Atlas hold?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)