|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who guards the Titans after they are defeated in 'Theogony'?
2. Which son, according to 'Theogony', decides to betray Heaven and help Earth recover his sons?
3. One of Heaven's sons greatly injures her in 'Theogony.' What does the blood of Heaven form after the betrayal?
(a) Erinyes, Giants and Nymphs.
(c) Erinyes and Nymphs
(d) Night and Day.
4. Who do Thaumas and Electra give birth to?
(a) Iris, Harpies, Aello and Ocypetes.
(b) Crato and Bia.
(c) Epithetheus and Prometheus.
(d) Earth-Shaker and Zeus.
5. How does Hesiod explain in 'Theogony' that Aphrodite is formed?
(a) From sea foam.
(b) From clay.
(c) From falling stars.
(d) From diamonds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first of Ocean's children to help Zeus fight the Titans in 'Theogony'?
2. What gift do Apollo and the muses give humans in 'Theogony'?
3. In 'Theogony', what does Medusa suffer from?
4. Hesiod tells the audience about a prophecy in 'Theogony.' What does Zeus do to his father that Earth and Heaven predicted?
5. What are the names of the Cyclopes?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)