|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hesiod tells the audience about a prophecy in 'Theogony.' What does Zeus do to his father that Earth and Heaven predicted?
(a) Hugs him.
(b) Murders him.
(c) Overpowers him.
(d) Kisses him.
2. In 'Theogony', which sons does Heaven hate?
(a) Zeus and Apollo.
(b) Phoebe, Tethys and Arges.
(c) Cottus, Briareos and Gyes.
(d) Brontes, Steroppes and Hera.
3. According to 'Theogony', who is the most important Muse?
4. What animal do Ceto and Phorcys give birth to?
(a) A snake.
(b) A lion.
(c) A fish.
(d) A dog.
5. Who is the Titans creator?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the speaker learn from the Muses in 'Theogony'?
2. According to 'Theogony', who springs forth from Medusa's wounds?
3. In 'Theogony', who does Zeus honor above all the other Gods?
4. In 'Theogony', what does Medusa suffer from?
5. Who eventually give Zeus thunder?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)