|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives birth to Zeus' first child?
2. Which son, according to 'Theogony', decides to betray Heaven and help Earth recover his sons?
3. The Muses tell a story to Hesiod in 'Theogony'. Who do the Muses say came into the world first?
4. What are the names of the Cyclopes?
(a) Phoebe, Tethys and Arges.
(b) Phoebe, Tethys and Cronos.
(c) Brontes, Steroppes and Hera.
(d) Brontes, Steroppes and Arges.
5. Who is the hound of Hades?
(c) The Minotaur.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Prometheus try to fool Zeus in the poem 'Theogony'?
2. Whose conception does the speaker write about at the start of 'Theogony'?
3. What is the speaker of 'Theogony' supposed to celebrate?
4. How does Hesiod explain in 'Theogony' that Aphrodite is formed?
5. Where does Heaven hide the sons she hates in 'Theogony'?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)