|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hesiod's poem 'Theogony', how does Cronus try to prevent Heaven and Earth's prophecy?
(a) He murders Zeus.
(b) He kills his children
(c) He does nothing.
(d) He swallows his children.
2. Who lives in a cave under a rock in 'Theogony'?
3. Who kills Chimaera?
(c) Pegasus and Bellerophone.
4. What does Zeus receive as a reward in 'Theogony' for murdering Cronus?
(a) Rain and hail.
(b) Thunder and lightning.
(c) Tornados and hurricanes.
5. How many muses are there?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Ceto and Phrocys give birth to?
2. What is Athena's greatest gift?
3. Who gives birth to Aether and Day?
4. What do Chimaera's heads look like?
5. Who rules over the sea?
This section contains 144 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)