|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Prometheus try to fool Zeus in the poem 'Theogony'?
(a) He tries to overthrow him.
(b) He slips him some wine.
(c) He wears sheep's clothing.
(d) He unevenly distributes food.
2. Who gives birth to Heaven, Hills and Pontius?
3. According to 'Theogony', who is the most important Muse?
4. Who do Thaumas and Electra give birth to?
(a) Earth-Shaker and Zeus.
(b) Crato and Bia.
(c) Epithetheus and Prometheus.
(d) Iris, Harpies, Aello and Ocypetes.
5. Hesiod tells the audience about a prophecy in 'Theogony.' What does Zeus do to his father that Earth and Heaven predicted?
(a) Overpowers him.
(b) Kisses him.
(c) Murders him.
(d) Hugs him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zeus punish men who marry according to 'Theogony'?
2. Who is the Titans creator?
3. Who does Prometheus steal for in 'Theogony'?
4. What is the job of the Muses that 'Theogony' deems most important?
5. How does Hesiod explain in 'Theogony' that Aphrodite is formed?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)