|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in 'Theogony' when Zeus murders Cronus?
(a) Cronus vomits up his children.
(b) Cronus lives forever.
(c) Zeus does not murder Cronus.
(d) Cronus dies.
2. Who gives birth to Heaven, Hills and Pontius?
3. Who gives birth to the Cyclopes?
4. According to 'Theogony', what gift does Zeus give to humans?
5. Who eats Prometheus' liver?
(a) A bear.
(b) A tiger.
(d) An eagle.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Muses tell a story to Hesiod in 'Theogony'. Who do the Muses say came into the world first?
2. In 'Theogony', how long do Zeus and Mnemosyne lay together prior to conceiving the Muses?
3. Where do the Muses live?
4. Who rules over the sea?
5. What gift do Apollo and the muses give humans in 'Theogony'?
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)