|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to 'Theogony', what gift does Zeus give to humans?
2. In 'Theogony', who kills Hydra?
3. Hesiod tells the audience about a prophecy in 'Theogony.' What does Zeus do to his father that Earth and Heaven predicted?
(a) Kisses him.
(b) Overpowers him.
(c) Murders him.
(d) Hugs him.
4. Who gives birth to Aether and Day?
(a) Zeus and Hera.
(b) Earth and Eros.
(c) Erebus and Night.
(d) Chaos and Night.
5. Why is Earth mad at Heaven in 'Theogony'?
(a) She betrayed him.
(b) She has an affair.
(c) She disobeyed him.
(d) She hid his sons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the speaker of 'Theogony'?
2. One of Heaven's sons greatly injures her in 'Theogony.' What does the blood of Heaven form after the betrayal?
3. Who slays Geryones?
4. What is the speaker of 'Theogony' supposed to celebrate?
5. What is the job of the Muses that 'Theogony' deems most important?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)