|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first of Ocean's children to help Zeus fight the Titans in 'Theogony'?
2. Where does Zeus tie Prometheus?
(a) To a rock.
(b) To a ship.
(c) To a banshee.
(d) To a bull.
3. What is the speaker of 'Theogony' supposed to celebrate?
(b) The Muses.
(c) The Heavens.
(d) The Gods.
4. In 'Theogony', what do Tethys and Ocean's children become?
5. In 'Theogony', how long do Zeus and Mnemosyne lay together prior to conceiving the Muses?
(a) Two nights.
(b) Nine nights.
(c) Twenty nights.
(d) Thirty nights.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Medusa killed in 'Theogony'?
2. Who is referred to as the old man in 'Theogony'?
3. Who slays Geryones?
4. According to 'Theogony', who springs forth from Medusa's wounds?
5. How does Zeus punish men who marry according to 'Theogony'?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)