|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zeus distribute to the immortals in 'Theogony'?
2. Who is the hound of Hades?
(d) The Minotaur.
3. What is the job of the Muses that 'Theogony' deems most important?
(a) Create poetry for the Greeks.
(b) Feed dew to heaven-chosen princes.
(c) Sing to Zeus.
(d) Feed Zeus grapes.
4. In 'Theogony', why do the Gods choose Zeus to rule them?
(a) He controls lightning.
(b) He beats Typhoeus.
(c) He controls thunder.
(d) He beat the Titans.
5. The Muses tell a story to Hesiod in 'Theogony'. Who do the Muses say came into the world first?
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift do Apollo and the muses give humans in 'Theogony'?
2. Who gives birth to Heaven, Hills and Pontius?
3. Which son, according to 'Theogony', decides to betray Heaven and help Earth recover his sons?
4. Who is the first of Ocean's children to help Zeus fight the Titans in 'Theogony'?
5. Who is the speaker of 'Theogony'?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)