|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal do Ceto and Phorcys give birth to?
(a) A snake.
(b) A fish.
(c) A lion.
(d) A dog.
2. How does Prometheus try to fool Zeus in the poem 'Theogony'?
(a) He tries to overthrow him.
(b) He unevenly distributes food.
(c) He wears sheep's clothing.
(d) He slips him some wine.
3. What happens to Prometheus' liver every day?
(a) It reforms.
(b) It dies.
(c) It comes to life.
(d) It changes color.
4. Why is Earth mad at Heaven in 'Theogony'?
(a) She has an affair.
(b) She hid his sons.
(c) She betrayed him.
(d) She disobeyed him.
5. What does Hesiod claim in 'Theogony' that Prometheus steals from Zeus?
Short Answer Questions
1. Apollo and the Muses give a gift to humans in 'Theogony'? Why did they give this gift?
2. What does Zeus send to Menoetius in 'Theogony', as a punishment for his pride?
3. One of Heaven's sons greatly injures her in 'Theogony.' What does the blood of Heaven form after the betrayal?
4. At the end of Theogony, who does the speaker ask the Muses to sing about?
5. Who is the father of gods and men?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)