|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zeus receive as a reward in 'Theogony' for murdering Cronus?
(a) Tornados and hurricanes.
(c) Thunder and lightning.
(d) Rain and hail.
2. Who slays Geryones?
3. What happens to the spirits of the men Cronos creates?
(a) They go to Hades.
(b) They become guardians of the Muses.
(c) They become guardians of the Gods.
(d) They become the guardians of mortal men.
4. What does Zeus distribute to the immortals in 'Theogony'?
5. What does the speaker learn from the Muses in 'Theogony'?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the third generation, in 'Works and Days', become spirits?
2. In 'Theogony', who does Zeus honor above all the other Gods?
3. What will happen to those that judge straight according to 'Works and Days'?
4. What, in 'Works and Days', does Hesiod say his brother should avoid in the winter?
5. What, in 'Works and Days', is the fifth generation made of?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)