|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to 'Works and Days', if a man listens to wise council, what does it make him?
(a) A wise man.
(b) A young man.
(c) A king.
(d) A foolish man.
2. What race of men does Cronos create in 'Works and Days'?
(a) A bronze race.
(b) A golden race.
(c) A metal race.
(d) A silver race.
3. What does Pandora release amongst the mortals when she lifts the lid off her jar?
4. Who is Hercules' mother?
(a) A muse.
(b) A God.
(c) A mortal.
(d) A sea nymph.
5. Why is Earth mad at Heaven in 'Theogony'?
(a) She betrayed him.
(b) She disobeyed him.
(c) She has an affair.
(d) She hid his sons.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does 'Works and Days' say a hired man should be?
2. Who is the speaker of 'Theogony'?
3. What do idle men envy in 'Works and Days'?
4. What reputation should men avoid according to 'Works and Days'?
5. What should be avoided during harvest time according to 'Works and Days'?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)