|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does 'Works and Days' say a hired man should be?
2. Who gives birth to Zeus' first child?
3. According to Hesiod's poem 'Theogony', how does Cronus try to prevent Heaven and Earth's prophecy?
(a) He does nothing.
(b) He swallows his children.
(c) He murders Zeus.
(d) He kills his children
4. What, in 'Works and Days', is the fifth generation made of?
5. In 'Theogony', where does Zeus' mother hide him?
(a) In a tree.
(b) In a cave.
(c) In the ocean.
(d) In a palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 'Works and Days', how do members of the fourth generation die?
2. How close is the land of goodness?
3. What creature does Hera raise to plague the Nemeans?
4. Apollo and the Muses give a gift to humans in 'Theogony'? Why did they give this gift?
5. Hesiod writes about a fable in 'Works and Days'. What bird is Hesiod's fable about?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)