|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Zeus born?
(a) In heaven.
(b) Rome, Italy.
(c) On top of a mountain.
(d) Lyetus of Crete.
2. What happens to the spirits of the men Cronos creates?
(a) They become guardians of the Muses.
(b) They become guardians of the Gods.
(c) They become the guardians of mortal men.
(d) They go to Hades.
3. What, according to 'Works and Days', does Hesiod say provides food and is not a disgrace?
4. What does Pandora release amongst the mortals when she lifts the lid off her jar?
5. What is the moral of the fable in 'Works and Days'?
(a) Sinners will be punished.
(b) Don't try and withstand the stronger being.
(c) Fight till the finish.
(d) The meek shall inherit the earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Justice tell Zeus about?
2. Who gives birth to Doom, Fate, Death and Sleep?
3. Who rules over the sea?
4. What trade does Hesiod offer to teach his brother in 'Works and Days'?
5. What will appear to man when spring begins according to Hesiod's poem, 'Works and Days'?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)