|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many goods does Hesiod advise his brother to keep at home?
(a) All of them.
(b) Most of them.
(c) Half of them.
(d) None of them.
2. What does Zeus receive as a reward in 'Theogony' for murdering Cronus?
(a) Rain and hail.
(c) Thunder and lightning.
(d) Tornados and hurricanes.
3. What do the race of men created by Cronos enjoy in 'Works and Days'
(a) All good things.
(d) All bad things.
4. How close is the land of Badness?
(a) A lifetime away.
(b) Far away.
(c) 500 miles.
5. According to 'Works and Days', when should a father die if a second son is born?
(a) A father should never have a second son.
(b) At a young age.
(c) At old age.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 'Works and Days', who does Hermes deliver the maiden Zeus constructs to?
2. What does Pandora release amongst the mortals when she lifts the lid off her jar?
3. According to 'Theogony', who springs forth from Medusa's wounds?
4. What, in 'Works and Days', does Hesiod tell his brother to turn his head away from?
5. How does Heaven's son betray her in 'Theogony'?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)