|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prophecy do Heaven and Earth tell Cronus about in 'Theogony'?
(a) That he will be overthrown by his son.
(b) That he will rule the gods.
(c) That he will live forever.
(d) That he will be overthrown by his daughter.
2. What, in 'Works and Days', does Hesiod say his brother should avoid in the winter?
(a) The stable.
(b) The barn.
(c) The smithy.
(d) The church.
3. In 'Theogony', which sons does Heaven hate?
(a) Cottus, Briareos and Gyes.
(b) Phoebe, Tethys and Arges.
(c) Brontes, Steroppes and Hera.
(d) Zeus and Apollo.
4. Who gives birth to Heaven, Hills and Pontius?
5. Who gives birth to Ceto, Eurybia and Nereus?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 'Works and Days', what makes both Gods and men angry?
2. What animal marks the time for plowing?
3. In 'Works and Days', what does Hesiod accuse his brother of?
4. What, in 'Works and Days', does Hesiod tell his brother to turn his head away from?
5. In 'Works and Days', who teaches Zeus's maiden for the mortals about grace and beauty?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)