|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reports to Zeus on the behavior of men?
2. In 'Works and Days', who does Hesiod say the God's will destroy?
(a) Those who take anothers wealth.
(b) Those who go to war.
(c) Those who sin.
(d) Those who murder.
3. How does Heaven's son betray her in 'Theogony'?
(a) He hides Earth.
(b) He cuts off her members.
(c) He shoots her.
(d) He sells a piece of her to Zeus.
4. Hesiod writes about a fable in 'Works and Days'. What bird is Hesiod's fable about?
(a) A sparrow.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A mockingbird.
(d) A canary.
5. In 'Works and Days', who teaches Zeus's maiden for the mortals about grace and beauty?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 'Works and Days', what does Hesiod accuse his brother of?
2. What temperature, does Hesiod write in 'Works and Days', his brother should avoid?
3. Hesiod tells the audience about a prophecy in 'Theogony.' What does Zeus do to his father that Earth and Heaven predicted?
4. How many goods does Hesiod advise his brother to keep at home?
5. Who gives birth to Heaven, Hills and Pontius?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)