|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 'Works and Days', who teaches Zeus's maiden for the mortals about grace and beauty?
2. What does the fifth generation never rest from in 'Works and Days'?
3. Hesiod discusses the plow season in 'Works and Days'. During the plowing season when will a worker rise?
(a) In the morning.
(b) In the afternoon.
(c) He will never sleep.
(d) At night.
4. What is the speaker of 'Theogony' supposed to celebrate?
(a) The Muses.
(b) The Gods.
(c) The Heavens.
5. According to 'Works and Days', who will punish those who are cruel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Earth mad at Heaven in 'Theogony'?
2. Who eats Prometheus' liver?
3. In 'Works and Days', when does Hesiod tell his brother he should chop wood?
4. Why, in 'Works and Days', is it important to choose oxen that are a certain age?
5. What does a little plus a little equal according to Hesiod in 'Works and Days'?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)