|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to 'Works and Days', if a man listens to wise council, what does it make him?
(a) A king.
(b) A foolish man.
(c) A young man.
(d) A wise man.
2. Hesiod tells the audience about a prophecy in 'Theogony.' What does Zeus do to his father that Earth and Heaven predicted?
(a) Hugs him.
(b) Overpowers him.
(c) Kisses him.
(d) Murders him.
3. What, according to 'Works and Days', does Hesiod say provides food and is not a disgrace?
4. Who slays Geryones?
5. According to 'Works and Days', where does Zeus place the survivors of the fourth generation?
(a) In Mount Olympus.
(b) In a cave.
(c) In a house in the ocean.
(d) An abode at the ends of the earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 'Works and Days', what should one wash before crossing a river?
2. Who is the hound of Hades?
3. What does Hesiod advise his brother to do in 'Works and Days'?
4. In 'Works and Days', what makes both Gods and men angry?
5. What reputation should men avoid according to 'Works and Days'?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)