|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal marks the time for plowing?
(a) The crane.
(b) The sheep.
(c) The pig.
(d) The rooster.
2. Who is the speaker of 'Theogony'?
3. Who is Zeus' first child?
4. Who is Hecate the nurse of?
(a) The sad.
(b) The sick.
(c) The young.
(d) The old.
5. Who slays Geryones?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the Cyclopes?
2. In 'Works and Days', how do members of the fourth generation die?
3. Where do the Muses live?
4. In 'Theogony', where does Zeus' mother hide him?
5. What temperature, does Hesiod write in 'Works and Days', his brother should avoid?
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)