|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 'Theogony', which sons does Heaven hate?
(a) Cottus, Briareos and Gyes.
(b) Brontes, Steroppes and Hera.
(c) Phoebe, Tethys and Arges.
(d) Zeus and Apollo.
2. According to 'Works and Days', who will punish those who are cruel?
3. How does Hesiod explain in 'Theogony' that Aphrodite is formed?
(a) From sea foam.
(b) From falling stars.
(c) From clay.
(d) From diamonds.
4. Who is the first of Ocean's children to help Zeus fight the Titans in 'Theogony'?
5. Who gives birth to Ceto, Eurybia and Nereus?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 'Works and Days', who does Hesiod tell his brother not to trust?
2. How many heads does Chimaera have?
3. What, in 'Works and Days', is the fifth generation made of?
4. In 'Theogony', what does Medusa suffer from?
5. Who gives birth to the Cyclopes?
This section contains 152 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)