|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What temperature, does Hesiod write in 'Works and Days', his brother should avoid?
2. According to 'Theogony', who springs forth from Medusa's wounds?
(a) Chrysaor and Pegasus.
(d) Hercules and Plato.
3. Who does Hesiod say constructs Zeus' maiden for the mortals in 'Works and Days'?
4. Who guards the Titans after they are defeated in 'Theogony'?
5. What, according to 'Works and Days', are the men in the silver generation like?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hesiod suggest to his brother in 'Works and Days' to do if it is windy outside?
2. Who does Justice tell Zeus about?
3. What animal do Ceto and Phorcys give birth to?
4. Who gives birth to Ceto, Eurybia and Nereus?
5. Who gives birth to the Cyclopes?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)