|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the fourth generation like in 'Works and Days'?
2. How does Prometheus try to fool Zeus in the poem 'Theogony'?
(a) He slips him some wine.
(b) He tries to overthrow him.
(c) He unevenly distributes food.
(d) He wears sheep's clothing.
3. Who does Justice tell Zeus about?
(a) Men with wicked hearts.
(b) Gods who commit treason.
(c) Muses who are lazy.
(d) Children who sin.
4. Who does 'Works and Days' address?
5. Which son, according to 'Theogony', decides to betray Heaven and help Earth recover his sons?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 'Works and Days', what should the slaves do when Orion appears?
2. What creature does Hera raise to plague the Nemeans?
3. What, in 'Works and Days', does Hesiod say his brother should avoid in the winter?
4. How does Heaven's son betray her in 'Theogony'?
5. What, according to 'Works and Days', are the men in the silver generation like?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)