|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 'Works and Days', what is the name of the maiden Zeus prepares for the mortals?
2. How does Hesiod explain in 'Theogony' that Aphrodite is formed?
(a) From diamonds.
(b) From falling stars.
(c) From clay.
(d) From sea foam.
3. In 'Works and Days', what does the author ask the Muses of Pieria for?
4. According to 'Works and Days', what does Zeus hide from men?
5. How is Medusa killed in 'Theogony'?
(a) She is shot.
(b) Her toes are cut off.
(c) Her head is cut off.
(d) She is drowned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hesiod suggest to his brother in 'Works and Days' to do if it is windy outside?
2. Who does Justice tell Zeus about?
3. What happens to the silver generation when Zeus puts them away?
4. How does Heaven's son betray her in 'Theogony'?
5. Who slays Geryones?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)