|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zeus receive as a reward in 'Theogony' for murdering Cronus?
(a) Thunder and lightning.
(b) Rain and hail.
(d) Tornados and hurricanes.
2. What does a good servant do during plow time according to 'Works and Days'?
(a) Feed the farmer.
(b) Cut crops.
(c) Hide seeds.
(d) Water plants.
3. What happens to Prometheus' liver every day?
(a) It reforms.
(b) It changes color.
(c) It comes to life.
(d) It dies.
4. What is the job of the Muses that 'Theogony' deems most important?
(a) Sing to Zeus.
(b) Feed dew to heaven-chosen princes.
(c) Create poetry for the Greeks.
(d) Feed Zeus grapes.
5. Who is Hesoid's brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does 'Works and Days' say a hired man should be?
2. What trade does Hesiod offer to teach his brother in 'Works and Days'?
3. In Hesiod's poem 'Works and Days', Hesiod suggests that farmers use ox. How old should oxen be when attached to the plow?
4. What creatures are above Typhoeus' neck?
5. How many kinds of strife exist according to 'Works and Days'?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)