|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 'Works and Days', what should the slaves do when Orion appears?
(b) Winnow the grain.
(c) Cut the corn.
(d) Churn the butter.
2. Who is Hesoid's brother?
3. Who lives in a cave under a rock in 'Theogony'?
4. What does Zeus distribute to the immortals in 'Theogony'?
5. Who does Hesiod write in 'Works and Days' that his brother should sacrifice to?
(b) The Muses.
(c) His village.
(d) The Gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Chimaera's heads look like?
2. In 'Works and Days', who does Hermes deliver the maiden Zeus constructs to?
3. Who should give people wealth according to Hesiod's poem 'Works and Days'?
4. Who is the father of gods and men?
5. Who, in 'Works and Days', should plow men pray to in order to obtain good crops?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)