|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Muses tell a story to Hesiod in 'Theogony'. Who do the Muses say came into the world first?
2. How many people, in 'Works and Days', can Zeus provide wealth to?
(b) A great number.
(c) Very few.
3. Who gives birth to Themisto, Pronoe and Nemertes?
(c) Nereus and Doris.
4. In 'Works and Days', who teaches Zeus's maiden for the mortals about grace and beauty?
5. In 'Works and Days', what makes both Gods and men angry?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Heaven hide the sons she hates in 'Theogony'?
2. Who gives birth to Zeus' first child?
3. Who follows Aphrodite after her birth in 'Theogony'?
4. In 'Theogony', how long do Zeus and Mnemosyne lay together prior to conceiving the Muses?
5. How many sources does the speaker in 'Works and Days' say men and mortals spring from?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)