|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives birth to Aether and Day?
(a) Erebus and Night.
(b) Earth and Eros.
(c) Chaos and Night.
(d) Zeus and Hera.
2. According to 'Theogony', what gift does Zeus give to humans?
3. What animal marks the time for plowing?
(a) The pig.
(b) The rooster.
(c) The crane.
(d) The sheep.
4. What, according to 'Works and Days', are the men in the silver generation like?
5. Who is Zeus' first child?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the speaker of 'Theogony'?
2. According to 'Works and Days', if a man listens to wise council, what does it make him?
3. What, according to 'Works and Days', does Hesiod say provides food and is not a disgrace?
4. Hesiod discusses the plow season in 'Works and Days'. During the plowing season when will a worker rise?
5. Who follows Aphrodite after her birth in 'Theogony'?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)