|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 'Theogony', how does Zeus say men who will do not marry will be punished?
(a) They will have no one to take care of them.
(b) They will be marked with a curse.
(c) They will die a cruel death.
(d) They will live forever.
2. Who gives birth to Aether and Day?
(a) Zeus and Hera.
(b) Chaos and Night.
(c) Earth and Eros.
(d) Erebus and Night.
3. What will appear to man when spring begins according to Hesiod's poem, 'Works and Days'?
(a) A swallow.
(b) A woodchuck.
(c) A peacock.
(d) A horse.
4. Who gives birth to the Cyclopes?
5. In 'Works and Days', who does Hermes deliver the maiden Zeus constructs to?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to 'Theogony', who springs forth from Medusa's wounds?
2. What does Hesiod write in 'Works and Days' that his brother should wear in the winter?
3. Who gives birth to Doom, Fate, Death and Sleep?
4. What is the speaker of 'Theogony' supposed to celebrate?
5. Where is Zeus born?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)