|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the speaker learn from the Muses in 'Theogony'?
2. In 'Theogony', where does Zeus' mother hide him?
(a) In a tree.
(b) In a cave.
(c) In the ocean.
(d) In a palace.
3. In 'Works and Days', what is the name of the maiden Zeus prepares for the mortals?
4. In 'Theogony', what story does the speaker ask the Muses to tell him first?
(a) How the first gods and earth came to be.
(b) Who invented the wheel.
(c) How fire was invented.
(d) How the rain came.
5. How close is the land of goodness?
(a) 20 miles.
(b) Far away.
(d) A lifetime away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Chimaera's heads look like?
2. What is the moral of the fable in 'Works and Days'?
3. What does Hesiod tell his brother to do, in 'Works and Days', if he wants wealth?
4. What is Athena's greatest gift?
5. In 'Works and Days', what does Hesiod accuse his brother of?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)