|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zeus receive as a reward in 'Theogony' for murdering Cronus?
(a) Thunder and lightning.
(c) Rain and hail.
(d) Tornados and hurricanes.
2. In 'Theogony', what story does the speaker ask the Muses to tell him first?
(a) How fire was invented.
(b) How the first gods and earth came to be.
(c) How the rain came.
(d) Who invented the wheel.
3. Who is the hound of Hades?
(c) The Minotaur.
4. Who gives birth to the Cyclopes?
5. At the end of Theogony, who does the speaker ask the Muses to sing about?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to 'Theogony', what gift does Zeus give to humans?
2. Who is the first of Ocean's children to help Zeus fight the Titans in 'Theogony'?
3. How many heads does Chimaera have?
4. Who is Hesoid's brother?
5. In 'Theogony', where does Zeus' mother hide him?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)