|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Medusa killed in 'Theogony'?
(a) Her head is cut off.
(b) Her toes are cut off.
(c) She is shot.
(d) She is drowned.
2. How does Heaven's son betray her in 'Theogony'?
(a) He cuts off her members.
(b) He shoots her.
(c) He hides Earth.
(d) He sells a piece of her to Zeus.
3. What animal marks the time for plowing?
(a) The pig.
(b) The rooster.
(c) The sheep.
(d) The crane.
4. What trade does Hesiod offer to teach his brother in 'Works and Days'?
5. What animal do Ceto and Phorcys give birth to?
(a) A dog.
(b) A fish.
(c) A lion.
(d) A snake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will happen to those that judge straight according to 'Works and Days'?
2. What should be avoided during harvest time according to 'Works and Days'?
3. Who guards the Titans after they are defeated in 'Theogony'?
4. Who, in 'Works and Days', should plow men pray to in order to obtain good crops?
5. Who is the hound of Hades?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)