|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hesiod's poem 'Theogony', how does Cronus try to prevent Heaven and Earth's prophecy?
(a) He does nothing.
(b) He swallows his children.
(c) He kills his children
(d) He murders Zeus.
2. At the end of Theogony, who does the speaker ask the Muses to sing about?
3. What is the job of the Muses that 'Theogony' deems most important?
(a) Feed Zeus grapes.
(b) Create poetry for the Greeks.
(c) Sing to Zeus.
(d) Feed dew to heaven-chosen princes.
4. How is Medusa killed in 'Theogony'?
(a) She is drowned.
(b) She is shot.
(c) Her toes are cut off.
(d) Her head is cut off.
5. In 'Theogony', who does Zeus honor above all the other Gods?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to 'Theogony', who is the most important Muse?
2. Where does Zeus tie Prometheus?
3. Who does Prometheus steal for in 'Theogony'?
4. Who gives birth to Toil, Forgetfulness and Famine.
5. Who follows Aphrodite after her birth in 'Theogony'?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)