|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 'Theogony', what does Atlas hold?
(a) The globe.
(b) An arrow.
(d) The oceans.
2. Who gives birth to Aether and Day?
(a) Earth and Eros.
(b) Chaos and Night.
(c) Erebus and Night.
(d) Zeus and Hera.
3. What prophecy do Heaven and Earth tell Cronus about in 'Theogony'?
(a) That he will live forever.
(b) That he will be overthrown by his son.
(c) That he will rule the gods.
(d) That he will be overthrown by his daughter.
4. Who gives birth to Doom, Fate, Death and Sleep?
(d) The Muses.
5. In 'Theogony', what story does the speaker ask the Muses to tell him first?
(a) How the rain came.
(b) How fire was invented.
(c) How the first gods and earth came to be.
(d) Who invented the wheel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lives in a cave under a rock in 'Theogony'?
2. Who is the speaker of 'Theogony'?
3. According to Hesiod's poem 'Theogony', how does Cronus try to prevent Heaven and Earth's prophecy?
4. Where does Zeus tie Prometheus?
5. Who is the hound of Hades?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)