|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which son, according to 'Theogony', decides to betray Heaven and help Earth recover his sons?
2. What does Zeus send to Menoetius in 'Theogony', as a punishment for his pride?
(a) A lightening bolt.
(c) A curse.
3. How many muses are there?
4. Hesiod tells the audience about a prophecy in 'Theogony.' What does Zeus do to his father that Earth and Heaven predicted?
(a) Hugs him.
(b) Overpowers him.
(c) Murders him.
(d) Kisses him.
5. What does Zeus distribute to the immortals in 'Theogony'?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal do Ceto and Phorcys give birth to?
2. What are the names of the Cyclopes?
3. Who is the hound of Hades?
4. What does the speaker learn from the Muses in 'Theogony'?
5. Who does the speaker praise in the beginning of 'Theogony' ?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)