|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills Chimaera?
(c) Pegasus and Bellerophone.
2. How many muses are there?
3. Who gives birth to Themisto, Pronoe and Nemertes?
(d) Nereus and Doris.
4. What do Chimaera's heads look like?
(a) Different fish.
(b) Different humans.
(c) Different Gods.
(d) Different beasts.
5. Who does the speaker praise in the beginning of 'Theogony' ?
(a) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who guards the Titans after they are defeated in 'Theogony'?
2. What did the Muses give the speaker in 'Theogony'?
3. Hesiod tells the audience about a prophecy in 'Theogony.' What does Zeus do to his father that Earth and Heaven predicted?
4. Who is the hound of Hades?
5. Who gives birth to Zeus' first child?
This section contains 147 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)