|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first of Ocean's children to help Zeus fight the Titans in 'Theogony'?
2. Who gives birth to Aether and Day?
(a) Chaos and Night.
(b) Zeus and Hera.
(c) Erebus and Night.
(d) Earth and Eros.
3. According to 'Theogony', who is the most important Muse?
4. Who gives birth to Zeus' first child?
5. What does Hesiod claim in 'Theogony' that Prometheus steals from Zeus?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Titans creator?
2. Hesiod tells the audience about a prophecy in 'Theogony.' What does Zeus do to his father that Earth and Heaven predicted?
3. According to Hesiod's poem 'Theogony', how does Cronus try to prevent Heaven and Earth's prophecy?
4. Who gives birth to Themisto, Pronoe and Nemertes?
5. According to 'Theogony', what gift does Zeus give to humans?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)