|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 'Theogony', which sons does Heaven hate?
(a) Cottus, Briareos and Gyes.
(b) Phoebe, Tethys and Arges.
(c) Zeus and Apollo.
(d) Brontes, Steroppes and Hera.
2. Who guards the Titans after they are defeated in 'Theogony'?
3. Who follows Aphrodite after her birth in 'Theogony'?
(b) Eros and Desire.
(c) Eros and Jealousy.
(d) Zeus and Hera.
4. What prophecy do Heaven and Earth tell Cronus about in 'Theogony'?
(a) That he will be overthrown by his son.
(b) That he will live forever.
(c) That he will be overthrown by his daughter.
(d) That he will rule the gods.
5. How is Medusa killed in 'Theogony'?
(a) Her toes are cut off.
(b) Her head is cut off.
(c) She is drowned.
(d) She is shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lives in a cave under a rock in 'Theogony'?
2. How does Heaven's son betray her in 'Theogony'?
3. Who gives birth to the Cyclopes?
4. Apollo and the Muses give a gift to humans in 'Theogony'? Why did they give this gift?
5. Who is the speaker of 'Theogony'?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)