|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills Chimaera?
(d) Pegasus and Bellerophone.
2. What happens in 'Theogony' when Zeus murders Cronus?
(a) Cronus dies.
(b) Cronus vomits up his children.
(c) Cronus lives forever.
(d) Zeus does not murder Cronus.
3. What are the names of the Cyclopes?
(a) Brontes, Steroppes and Hera.
(b) Phoebe, Tethys and Cronos.
(c) Phoebe, Tethys and Arges.
(d) Brontes, Steroppes and Arges.
4. What animal do Ceto and Phorcys give birth to?
(a) A fish.
(b) A lion.
(c) A snake.
(d) A dog.
5. One of Heaven's sons greatly injures her in 'Theogony.' What does the blood of Heaven form after the betrayal?
(a) Erinyes, Giants and Nymphs.
(c) Night and Day.
(d) Erinyes and Nymphs
Short Answer Questions
1. In 'Theogony', why do the Gods choose Zeus to rule them?
2. How does Hesiod explain in 'Theogony' that Aphrodite is formed?
3. In 'Theogony', what does Atlas hold?
4. Who do Thaumas and Electra give birth to?
5. Where is Zeus born?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)