|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives birth to Zeus' first child?
2. What does Zeus receive as a reward in 'Theogony' for murdering Cronus?
(b) Tornados and hurricanes.
(c) Thunder and lightning.
(d) Rain and hail.
3. According to 'Theogony', what gift does Zeus give to humans?
4. Who gives birth to Themisto, Pronoe and Nemertes?
(a) Nereus and Doris.
5. Who gives birth to Doom, Fate, Death and Sleep?
(b) The Muses.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Theogony, who does the speaker ask the Muses to sing about?
2. What does Hesiod claim in 'Theogony' that Prometheus steals from Zeus?
3. Who is the first of Ocean's children to help Zeus fight the Titans in 'Theogony'?
4. How many heads does Geryones have?
5. Where is Zeus born?
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)