|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives birth to Aether and Day?
(a) Erebus and Night.
(b) Zeus and Hera.
(c) Chaos and Night.
(d) Earth and Eros.
2. Why is Earth mad at Heaven in 'Theogony'?
(a) She betrayed him.
(b) She has an affair.
(c) She disobeyed him.
(d) She hid his sons.
3. Why, in 'Theogony', is the woman whose guile is not to be withstood by men created?
(a) Because man is bored.
(b) As the price for water.
(c) As the price for fire.
(d) Because Zeus is bored.
4. One of Heaven's sons greatly injures her in 'Theogony.' What does the blood of Heaven form after the betrayal?
(a) Erinyes and Nymphs
(b) Erinyes, Giants and Nymphs.
(c) Night and Day.
5. Who is the most awful child of Earth and Heaven?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the father of gods and men?
2. What does Zeus send to Menoetius in 'Theogony', as a punishment for his pride?
3. How is Medusa killed in 'Theogony'?
4. According to 'Theogony', who springs forth from Medusa's wounds?
5. Who does the speaker praise in the beginning of 'Theogony' ?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)