|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 'Theogony', what does Medusa suffer from?
(a) A heart attack.
(b) Being ugly.
(d) Being mortal.
2. Who gives birth to Heaven, Hills and Pontius?
3. What prophecy do Heaven and Earth tell Cronus about in 'Theogony'?
(a) That he will be overthrown by his daughter.
(b) That he will rule the gods.
(c) That he will be overthrown by his son.
(d) That he will live forever.
4. Who is the hound of Hades?
(b) The Minotaur.
5. According to 'Theogony', who springs forth from Medusa's wounds?
(a) Hercules and Plato.
(c) Chrysaor and Pegasus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hesiod claim in 'Theogony' that Prometheus steals from Zeus?
2. What are the names of the Cyclopes?
3. What does Zeus distribute to the immortals in 'Theogony'?
4. At the end of Theogony, who does the speaker ask the Muses to sing about?
5. Where does Heaven hide the sons she hates in 'Theogony'?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)