|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives birth to Heaven, Hills and Pontius?
2. What does the speaker learn from the Muses in 'Theogony'?
3. Why, in 'Theogony', is the woman whose guile is not to be withstood by men created?
(a) Because man is bored.
(b) As the price for water.
(c) As the price for fire.
(d) Because Zeus is bored.
4. Who is Zeus' first child?
5. How does Hesiod explain in 'Theogony' that Aphrodite is formed?
(a) From falling stars.
(b) From diamonds.
(c) From sea foam.
(d) From clay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hesiod discusses the lineage of several Gods in 'Theogony'. Who is Zeus' father?
2. Who gives birth to Themisto, Pronoe and Nemertes?
3. Who kills Chimaera?
4. What do Chimaera's heads look like?
5. Who is the hound of Hades?
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)