|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives birth to Doom, Fate, Death and Sleep?
(d) The Muses.
2. How does Prometheus try to fool Zeus in the poem 'Theogony'?
(a) He slips him some wine.
(b) He tries to overthrow him.
(c) He wears sheep's clothing.
(d) He unevenly distributes food.
3. What does the speaker learn from the Muses in 'Theogony'?
4. Who gives birth to Toil, Forgetfulness and Famine.
5. Hesiod discusses the lineage of several Gods in 'Theogony'. Who is Zeus' father?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 'Theogony', how does Zeus say men who will do not marry will be punished?
2. In 'Theogony', what does Medusa suffer from?
3. Who do Ceto and Phrocys give birth to?
4. Who follows Aphrodite after her birth in 'Theogony'?
5. In 'Theogony', what story does the speaker ask the Muses to tell him first?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)