|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who rules over the sea?
(b) The mermaids.
2. According to 'Theogony', what gift does Zeus give to humans?
3. In 'Theogony', how long do Zeus and Mnemosyne lay together prior to conceiving the Muses?
(a) Nine nights.
(b) Twenty nights.
(c) Two nights.
(d) Thirty nights.
4. Why is Earth mad at Heaven in 'Theogony'?
(a) She hid his sons.
(b) She betrayed him.
(c) She has an affair.
(d) She disobeyed him.
5. Whose conception does the speaker write about at the start of 'Theogony'?
(d) The Muses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Ceto and Phrocys give birth to?
2. What prophecy do Heaven and Earth tell Cronus about in 'Theogony'?
3. What do Chimaera's heads look like?
4. How does Zeus punish men who marry according to 'Theogony'?
5. Why, in 'Theogony', is the woman whose guile is not to be withstood by men created?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)