|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Theogony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of Heaven's sons greatly injures her in 'Theogony.' What does the blood of Heaven form after the betrayal?
(a) Night and Day.
(b) Erinyes and Nymphs
(c) Erinyes, Giants and Nymphs.
2. What does Zeus distribute to the immortals in 'Theogony'?
3. How did the Titans receive their name?
(a) From a fearful deed they committed.
(b) From their father.
(c) From Zeus.
(d) From the Earth.
4. In 'Theogony', how long do Zeus and Mnemosyne lay together prior to conceiving the Muses?
(a) Nine nights.
(b) Twenty nights.
(c) Thirty nights.
(d) Two nights.
5. In 'Theogony', what does Earth give Cronus to trick him into thinking she gave him a child?
(a) A slaughtered pig.
(b) A stone wrapped in blankets.
(c) A baby wrapped in blankets.
(d) A slaughtered cow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hesiod claim in 'Theogony' that Prometheus steals from Zeus?
2. In 'Theogony', who kills Hydra?
3. Who guards the Titans after they are defeated in 'Theogony'?
4. In 'Theogony', who does Zeus honor above all the other Gods?
5. Why, in 'Theogony', is the woman whose guile is not to be withstood by men created?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)