Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What creatures are above Typhoeus' neck?
(a) Snakes and dragons.
(b) Fish and sharks.
(c) Lions and tigers.
(d) Dogs and cats.
2. Who, in 'Works and Days', should plow men pray to in order to obtain good crops?
(a) Apollo and Athena.
(b) Adonis and Zeus.
(c) Athena and Hercules.
(d) Zeus and Demeter.
3. Who finds the object in 'Works and Days' that Zeus hides from mortals?
(c) Prometheus .
4. In 'Works and Days', how do members of the fourth generation die?
(a) At sea.
(b) At the hands of Zeus.
(c) During an earthquake.
(d) At war.
5. How many sources does the speaker in 'Works and Days' say men and mortals spring from?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Heaven's son betray her in 'Theogony'?
2. According to 'Theogony', who springs forth from Medusa's wounds?
3. What, in 'Works and Days', is the fifth generation made of?
4. What does Zeus receive as a reward in 'Theogony' for murdering Cronus?
5. How old does 'Works and Days' say a hired man should be?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)