|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zeus punish men who marry according to 'Theogony'?
(a) The will die a cruel death.
(b) They will live in a mixture of good and evil.
(c) They will live forever.
(d) They will cry forever.
2. One of Heaven's sons greatly injures her in 'Theogony.' What does the blood of Heaven form after the betrayal?
(a) Erinyes and Nymphs
(b) Erinyes, Giants and Nymphs.
(d) Night and Day.
3. In 'Works and Days', who does Hesiod say the God's will destroy?
(a) Those who sin.
(b) Those who take anothers wealth.
(c) Those who go to war.
(d) Those who murder.
4. At what age does Hesiod suggest a man choose a wife?
5. Who kills Medusa in 'Theogony'?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the fable in 'Works and Days', who does the bird attack?
2. Who reports to Zeus on the behavior of men?
3. How does Hesiod explain in 'Theogony' that Aphrodite is formed?
4. What did the Muses give the speaker in 'Theogony'?
5. How did the Titans receive their name?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)