|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Athena's greatest gift?
(d) The arts.
2. At the end of Theogony, who does the speaker ask the Muses to sing about?
3. What did the Muses give the speaker in 'Theogony'?
(a) A divine voice.
(b) A world as a stage.
(c) A fluent pen.
(d) A swift paint brush.
4. In 'Theogony', which sons does Heaven hate?
(a) Cottus, Briareos and Gyes.
(b) Phoebe, Tethys and Arges.
(c) Zeus and Apollo.
(d) Brontes, Steroppes and Hera.
5. Who, in 'Works and Days', should plow men pray to in order to obtain good crops?
(a) Athena and Hercules.
(b) Adonis and Zeus.
(c) Zeus and Demeter.
(d) Apollo and Athena.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Zeus tie Prometheus?
2. How is Medusa killed in 'Theogony'?
3. What is Hesiod's parting advice in 'Works and Days'?
4. Hesiod writes about a fable in 'Works and Days'. What bird is Hesiod's fable about?
5. What will appear to man when spring begins according to Hesiod's poem, 'Works and Days'?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)