|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many heads does Geryones have?
2. What does Hesiod advise his brother to do in 'Works and Days'?
3. Where do the Muses live?
(b) Mt. Olympus.
(c) Mt. Fuigi.
(d) On the River Styx.
4. Who is the speaker of 'Theogony'?
5. What creatures are above Typhoeus' neck?
(a) Snakes and dragons.
(b) Lions and tigers.
(c) Dogs and cats.
(d) Fish and sharks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zeus distribute to the immortals in 'Theogony'?
2. What is the job of the Muses that 'Theogony' deems most important?
3. What, according to 'Works and Days', does Hesiod say provides food and is not a disgrace?
4. What does Hesiod say is the best type of man in his poem 'Works and Days'?
5. What is Athena's greatest gift?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)