|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why, in 'Works and Days', is it important to choose oxen that are a certain age?
(a) They are just born.
(b) They will not fight.
(c) They are easily trained.
(d) The will die soon.
2. Hesiod discusses the plow season in 'Works and Days'. During the plowing season when will a worker rise?
(a) In the morning.
(b) He will never sleep.
(c) In the afternoon.
(d) At night.
3. Who is the first of Ocean's children to help Zeus fight the Titans in 'Theogony'?
4. In 'Works and Days', what makes both Gods and men angry?
5. Who do Ceto and Phrocys give birth to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who should give people wealth according to Hesiod's poem 'Works and Days'?
2. Who gives birth to Ceto, Eurybia and Nereus?
3. Who does 'Works and Days' address?
4. How does Hesiod explain in 'Theogony' that Aphrodite is formed?
5. How many muses are there?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)