|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many goods does Hesiod advise his brother to keep at home?
(a) None of them.
(b) All of them.
(c) Half of them.
(d) Most of them.
2. Who reports to Zeus on the behavior of men?
3. Who gives birth to Doom, Fate, Death and Sleep?
(c) The Muses.
4. How many sources does the speaker in 'Works and Days' say men and mortals spring from?
5. Who should give people wealth according to Hesiod's poem 'Works and Days'?
(a) Buisness owners.
(c) No one.
(d) The Gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to 'Works and Days', where does Zeus place the survivors of the fourth generation?
2. What size ship should his brother use if he chooses seafaring, writes Hesiod?
3. Who gives birth to Heaven, Hills and Pontius?
4. What animal do Ceto and Phorcys give birth to?
5. What gift do Apollo and the muses give humans in 'Theogony'?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)