|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal marks the time for plowing?
(a) The pig.
(b) The crane.
(c) The rooster.
(d) The sheep.
2. In 'Works and Days', what does Hesiod say his brother should build in the summer?
3. How did the Titans receive their name?
(a) From the Earth.
(b) From their father.
(c) From a fearful deed they committed.
(d) From Zeus.
4. What prophecy do Heaven and Earth tell Cronus about in 'Theogony'?
(a) That he will be overthrown by his daughter.
(b) That he will be overthrown by his son.
(c) That he will live forever.
(d) That he will rule the gods.
5. In 'Theogony', what does Atlas hold?
(a) An arrow.
(b) The globe.
(c) The oceans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who follows Aphrodite after her birth in 'Theogony'?
2. What reputation should men avoid according to 'Works and Days'?
3. What does Hesiod say is the best type of man in his poem 'Works and Days'?
4. What does the fifth generation never rest from in 'Works and Days'?
5. Where is Zeus born?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)