|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 'Works and Days', what is the third generation like?
(a) Strong and violent.
(b) Foolish and silly.
(c) Wise and gentle.
(d) Weak and sad.
2. Why is Earth mad at Heaven in 'Theogony'?
(a) She hid his sons.
(b) She disobeyed him.
(c) She has an affair.
(d) She betrayed him.
3. What are the names of the Cyclopes?
(a) Brontes, Steroppes and Arges.
(b) Phoebe, Tethys and Arges.
(c) Brontes, Steroppes and Hera.
(d) Phoebe, Tethys and Cronos.
4. What creatures are above Typhoeus' neck?
(a) Dogs and cats.
(b) Lions and tigers.
(c) Fish and sharks.
(d) Snakes and dragons.
5. In 'Works and Days', what makes both Gods and men angry?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Prometheus steal for in 'Theogony'?
2. Hesiod writes about a fable in 'Works and Days'. What bird is Hesiod's fable about?
3. What should be avoided during harvest time according to 'Works and Days'?
4. In 'Works and Days', who teaches Zeus's maiden for the mortals about grace and beauty?
5. What animal do Ceto and Phorcys give birth to?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)