|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How close is the land of Badness?
(a) 500 miles.
(b) Far away.
(c) A lifetime away.
2. According to 'Works and Days', if a man listens to wise council, what does it make him?
(a) A foolish man.
(b) A king.
(c) A wise man.
(d) A young man.
3. Hesiod discusses the plow season in 'Works and Days'. During the plowing season when will a worker rise?
(a) In the morning.
(b) In the afternoon.
(c) He will never sleep.
(d) At night.
4. Who is the hound of Hades?
(c) The Minotaur.
5. Who is Zeus' first child?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zeus punish men who marry according to 'Theogony'?
2. What trade does Hesiod offer to teach his brother in 'Works and Days'?
3. In Hesiod's poem 'Works and Days', Hesiod suggests that farmers use ox. How old should oxen be when attached to the plow?
4. Who is the most awful child of Earth and Heaven?
5. According to Hesiod in 'Works and Days', what is the fourth generation made up of?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)