|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the moral of the fable in 'Works and Days'?
(a) Don't try and withstand the stronger being.
(b) Sinners will be punished.
(c) Fight till the finish.
(d) The meek shall inherit the earth.
2. According to 'Theogony', who is the most important Muse?
3. What temperature, does Hesiod write in 'Works and Days', his brother should avoid?
4. How many days of winter are there according to 'Works and Days'?
5. In the fable in 'Works and Days', who does the bird attack?
(a) A lion.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A bear.
(d) A nightingale.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who eventually give Zeus thunder?
2. Which Goddess, according to 'Theogony', has privileges amongst the heavens, earth and sea?
3. How old does 'Works and Days' say a hired man should be?
4. In Hesiod's poem 'Works and Days', what does Zeus make man better than?
5. Who do Thaumas and Electra give birth to?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)