|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 'Works and Days', how do members of the fourth generation die?
(a) At sea.
(b) At war.
(c) At the hands of Zeus.
(d) During an earthquake.
2. How does Heaven's son betray her in 'Theogony'?
(a) He sells a piece of her to Zeus.
(b) He shoots her.
(c) He hides Earth.
(d) He cuts off her members.
3. What gift do Apollo and the muses give humans in 'Theogony'?
4. In 'Theogony', why do the Gods choose Zeus to rule them?
(a) He beat the Titans.
(b) He controls thunder.
(c) He controls lightning.
(d) He beats Typhoeus.
5. According to 'Theogony', who springs forth from Medusa's wounds?
(b) Hercules and Plato.
(c) Chrysaor and Pegasus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What should be avoided during harvest time according to 'Works and Days'?
2. In 'Theogony', what do Tethys and Ocean's children become?
3. Who should give people wealth according to Hesiod's poem 'Works and Days'?
4. Who gives birth to Toil, Forgetfulness and Famine.
5. In 'Works and Days', when does Hesiod tell his brother he should chop wood?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)