|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hesiod advise his brother to do in 'Works and Days'?
2. Who follows Aphrodite after her birth in 'Theogony'?
(b) Zeus and Hera.
(c) Eros and Jealousy.
(d) Eros and Desire.
3. In 'Works and Days', who does Hesiod say the God's will destroy?
(a) Those who sin.
(b) Those who take anothers wealth.
(c) Those who go to war.
(d) Those who murder.
4. Who is Justice?
(a) Zeus's daughter.
(b) Athena's daughter.
(c) A Muse.
(d) A mortal.
5. Where do the Muses live?
(a) On the River Styx.
(b) Mt. Fuigi.
(d) Mt. Olympus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives birth to the Cyclopes?
2. At the end of Theogony, who does the speaker ask the Muses to sing about?
3. Which Goddess, according to 'Theogony', has privileges amongst the heavens, earth and sea?
4. Whose conception does the speaker write about at the start of 'Theogony'?
5. Who does the speaker praise in the beginning of 'Theogony' ?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)