|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what season does 'Work and Days' suggest a wagon be built?
(a) The high season
(b) The rainy season.
(c) The dry season.
(d) The low season.
2. Who is Hecate the nurse of?
(a) The sick.
(b) The old.
(c) The sad.
(d) The young.
3. In 'Works and Days', what does the author ask the Muses of Pieria for?
4. At what age does Hesiod suggest a man choose a wife?
5. Who is the speaker of 'Theogony'?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, in 'Works and Days', should plow men pray to in order to obtain good crops?
2. What happens to the spirits of the men Cronos creates?
3. Where does Heaven hide the sons she hates in 'Theogony'?
4. What does Zeus send to Menoetius in 'Theogony', as a punishment for his pride?
5. What do Chimaera's heads look like?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)