|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many kinds of strife exist according to 'Works and Days'?
2. Who gives birth to Heaven, Hills and Pontius?
3. What, in 'Works and Days', does Hesiod tell his brother to turn his head away from?
(a) Other's property.
(c) His neighbor's wife.
4. In 'Works and Days', what does plowing too late in the season result in?
(a) A bankrupt farm.
(b) A draught.
(c) A small yield.
(d) No money.
5. In 'Works and Days', what does Hesiod accuse his brother of?
(d) Stealing his inheritance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, in 'Works and Days', can man tell the difference between?
2. What do Chimaera's heads look like?
3. What is the job of the Muses that 'Theogony' deems most important?
4. What did the Muses give the speaker in 'Theogony'?
5. Who is the most awful child of Earth and Heaven?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)