|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Prometheus try to fool Zeus in the poem 'Theogony'?
(a) He unevenly distributes food.
(b) He slips him some wine.
(c) He wears sheep's clothing.
(d) He tries to overthrow him.
2. What does Hesiod advise his brother to do in 'Works and Days'?
3. Who follows Aphrodite after her birth in 'Theogony'?
(a) Eros and Jealousy.
(c) Eros and Desire.
(d) Zeus and Hera.
4. What, in 'Works and Days', can man tell the difference between?
(a) Left and right.
(b) Gods and mortals.
(c) Hades and heaven.
(d) Right and wrong.
5. In 'Works and Days', what is the third generation like?
(a) Wise and gentle.
(b) Strong and violent.
(c) Foolish and silly.
(d) Weak and sad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal marks the time for plowing?
2. What, according to 'Works and Days', does Hesiod say provides food and is not a disgrace?
3. According to 'Theogony', what gift does Zeus give to humans?
4. Who guards the Titans after they are defeated in 'Theogony'?
5. What trade does Hesiod offer to teach his brother in 'Works and Days'?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)