|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which son, according to 'Theogony', decides to betray Heaven and help Earth recover his sons?
2. Who gives birth to Toil, Forgetfulness and Famine.
3. Where is Zeus born?
(a) In heaven.
(b) Lyetus of Crete.
(c) On top of a mountain.
(d) Rome, Italy.
4. In 'Works and Days', when does Hesiod tell his brother he should chop wood?
5. What do idle men envy in 'Works and Days'?
(a) Holy men.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 'Works and Days', what is the third generation like?
2. In 'Works and Days', how do members of the fourth generation die?
3. What does not exist before Pandora walks amongst the mortals?
4. In 'Works and Days', what is the name of the maiden Zeus prepares for the mortals?
5. Who kills Medusa in 'Theogony'?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)