|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does 'Works and Days' say a hired man should be?
2. Who gives birth to Aether and Day?
(a) Chaos and Night.
(b) Earth and Eros.
(c) Zeus and Hera.
(d) Erebus and Night.
3. In 'Works and Days', who does Hesiod say the God's will destroy?
(a) Those who go to war.
(b) Those who murder.
(c) Those who take anothers wealth.
(d) Those who sin.
4. Who does Hesiod say constructs Zeus' maiden for the mortals in 'Works and Days'?
5. How do the third generation, in 'Works and Days', become spirits?
(a) The Gods destroy them.
(b) They destroy each other.
(c) A comet hits the earth.
(d) The Muses destroy them.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 'Works and Days', who teaches Zeus's maiden for the mortals about grace and beauty?
2. In 'Works and Days', how do members of the fourth generation die?
3. Who kills Chimaera?
4. Who is Zeus' first child?
5. Who should give people wealth according to Hesiod's poem 'Works and Days'?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)