|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives birth to Themisto, Pronoe and Nemertes?
(c) Nereus and Doris.
2. How many heads does Chimaera have?
3. What should be avoided during harvest time according to 'Works and Days'?
(a) Sleeping until dawn.
(b) Hard work.
(d) Staying up late.
4. In 'Works and Days', what does Hesiod say his brother should build in the summer?
5. What size ship should his brother use if he chooses seafaring, writes Hesiod?
(a) A large ship.
(b) A small ship.
(c) A medium ship.
(d) 3 ships.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Prometheus try to fool Zeus in the poem 'Theogony'?
2. Who is the first of Ocean's children to help Zeus fight the Titans in 'Theogony'?
3. In 'Theogony', what does Medusa suffer from?
4. Who follows Aphrodite after her birth in 'Theogony'?
5. Who is Hecate the nurse of?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)