|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 'Theogony', what does Medusa suffer from?
(a) Being ugly.
(b) A heart attack.
(d) Being mortal.
2. Who does Prometheus steal for in 'Theogony'?
3. What, according to 'Works and Days', are the men in the silver generation like?
4. Where do the Muses live?
(a) Mt. Olympus.
(b) On the River Styx.
(d) Mt. Fuigi.
5. Who is Justice?
(a) Zeus's daughter.
(b) A Muse.
(c) A mortal.
(d) Athena's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prophecy do Heaven and Earth tell Cronus about in 'Theogony'?
2. What does Hesiod advise his brother to do in 'Works and Days'?
3. One of Heaven's sons greatly injures her in 'Theogony.' What does the blood of Heaven form after the betrayal?
4. In 'Works and Days', where do the third generation's spirits travel?
5. What happens in 'Theogony' when Zeus murders Cronus?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)