|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Hecate the nurse of?
(a) The sick.
(b) The old.
(c) The sad.
(d) The young.
2. What does a little plus a little equal according to Hesiod in 'Works and Days'?
(a) Less than before.
(b) Much more.
(c) A little.
3. How many heads does Chimaera have?
4. Hesiod writes about a fable in 'Works and Days'. What bird is Hesiod's fable about?
(a) A sparrow.
(b) A mockingbird.
(c) A canary.
(d) An eagle.
5. How is Medusa killed in 'Theogony'?
(a) She is drowned.
(b) She is shot.
(c) Her head is cut off.
(d) Her toes are cut off.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zeus punish men who marry according to 'Theogony'?
2. In 'Works and Days', where do the third generation's spirits travel?
3. Who is referred to as the old man in 'Theogony'?
4. Where is Zeus born?
5. Who slays Geryones?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)