|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hesiod write in 'Works and Days' that his brother should sacrifice to?
(a) His village.
(b) The Muses.
(d) The Gods.
2. Why should a man be hired at a certain age according to 'Works and Days'?
(a) He will be married.
(b) He will be young.
(c) He will not be distracted.
(d) He will be old.
3. What does Hesiod tell his brother to do, in 'Works and Days', if he wants wealth?
4. In 'Works and Days', who does Hesiod say the God's will destroy?
(a) Those who go to war.
(b) Those who sin.
(c) Those who murder.
(d) Those who take anothers wealth.
5. Where is Zeus born?
(a) On top of a mountain.
(b) Lyetus of Crete.
(c) Rome, Italy.
(d) In heaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 'Works and Days', what does Hesiod accuse his brother of?
2. In what season does 'Work and Days' suggest a wagon be built?
3. Who, in 'Works and Days', teaches Zeus's maiden for the mortals about deceit?
4. What, according to 'Works and Days', are the men in the silver generation like?
5. In 'Theogony', why do the Gods choose Zeus to rule them?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)