|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Prometheus' liver every day?
(a) It comes to life.
(b) It changes color.
(c) It reforms.
(d) It dies.
2. According to Hesiod's poem 'Theogony', how does Cronus try to prevent Heaven and Earth's prophecy?
(a) He murders Zeus.
(b) He kills his children
(c) He does nothing.
(d) He swallows his children.
3. What is the job of the Muses that 'Theogony' deems most important?
(a) Sing to Zeus.
(b) Feed dew to heaven-chosen princes.
(c) Create poetry for the Greeks.
(d) Feed Zeus grapes.
4. Who kills Chimaera?
(b) Pegasus and Bellerophone.
5. Which son, according to 'Theogony', decides to betray Heaven and help Earth recover his sons?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives birth to Zeus' first child?
2. In the fable in 'Works and Days', who does the bird attack?
3. Why should a man be hired at a certain age according to 'Works and Days'?
4. According to 'Theogony', what gift does Zeus give to humans?
5. What, in 'Works and Days', is the fifth generation made of?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)