|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What race of men does Cronos create in 'Works and Days'?
(a) A metal race.
(b) A golden race.
(c) A bronze race.
(d) A silver race.
2. What is the moral of the fable in 'Works and Days'?
(a) Sinners will be punished.
(b) Don't try and withstand the stronger being.
(c) The meek shall inherit the earth.
(d) Fight till the finish.
3. What does Zeus send to Menoetius in 'Theogony', as a punishment for his pride?
(b) A lightening bolt.
(d) A curse.
4. Who is Hesoid's brother?
5. In 'Theogony', what do Tethys and Ocean's children become?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in 'Theogony' when Zeus murders Cronus?
2. What does a good servant do during plow time according to 'Works and Days'?
3. In 'Theogony', where does Zeus' mother hide him?
4. According to 'Works and Days', if a man listens to wise council, what does it make him?
5. In what season does 'Work and Days' suggest a wagon be built?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)