|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, in 'Works and Days', does Hesiod say his brother should avoid in the winter?
(a) The stable.
(b) The smithy.
(c) The church.
(d) The barn.
2. Why, in 'Works and Days', is it important to choose oxen that are a certain age?
(a) They will not fight.
(b) They are just born.
(c) They are easily trained.
(d) The will die soon.
3. How does Hesiod explain in 'Theogony' that Aphrodite is formed?
(a) From sea foam.
(b) From diamonds.
(c) From clay.
(d) From falling stars.
4. In 'Theogony', what does Atlas hold?
(a) An arrow.
(b) The globe.
(c) The oceans.
5. Who is Zeus' first child?
Short Answer Questions
1. What prophecy do Heaven and Earth tell Cronus about in 'Theogony'?
2. Why, in 'Theogony', is the woman whose guile is not to be withstood by men created?
3. What does Zeus distribute to the immortals in 'Theogony'?
4. What do the race of men created by Cronos enjoy in 'Works and Days'
5. What does Zeus send to Menoetius in 'Theogony', as a punishment for his pride?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)