|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hesiod discusses the lineage of several Gods in 'Theogony'. Who is Zeus' father?
2. What happens to the spirits of the men Cronos creates?
(a) They become guardians of the Muses.
(b) They go to Hades.
(c) They become guardians of the Gods.
(d) They become the guardians of mortal men.
3. What animal do Ceto and Phorcys give birth to?
(a) A lion.
(b) A snake.
(c) A dog.
(d) A fish.
4. In 'Works and Days', where do the third generation's spirits travel?
(b) Mount Olympus.
(c) The heavens.
5. Where does Heaven hide the sons she hates in 'Theogony'?
(b) Somewhere on Earth.
(c) Somewhere in Heaven.
(d) The mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of Heaven's sons greatly injures her in 'Theogony.' What does the blood of Heaven form after the betrayal?
2. In Hesiod's poem 'Works and Days', Hesiod suggests that farmers use ox. How old should oxen be when attached to the plow?
3. How old does 'Works and Days' say a hired man should be?
4. What does the speaker learn from the Muses in 'Theogony'?
5. According to 'Theogony', what gift does Zeus give to humans?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)