|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives birth to Themisto, Pronoe and Nemertes?
(d) Nereus and Doris.
2. One of Heaven's sons greatly injures her in 'Theogony.' What does the blood of Heaven form after the betrayal?
(a) Night and Day.
(b) Erinyes and Nymphs
(d) Erinyes, Giants and Nymphs.
3. Which Goddess, according to 'Theogony', has privileges amongst the heavens, earth and sea?
(a) The titans.
4. Whose conception does the speaker write about at the start of 'Theogony'?
(c) The Muses.
5. Why is Earth mad at Heaven in 'Theogony'?
(a) She disobeyed him.
(b) She hid his sons.
(c) She has an affair.
(d) She betrayed him.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to 'Theogony', what gift does Zeus give to humans?
2. According to Hesiod in 'Works and Days', what is the fourth generation made up of?
3. What prophecy do Heaven and Earth tell Cronus about in 'Theogony'?
4. According to 'Theogony', who is the most important Muse?
5. What will appear to man when spring begins according to Hesiod's poem, 'Works and Days'?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)