|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Justice tell Zeus about?
(a) Men with wicked hearts.
(b) Muses who are lazy.
(c) Children who sin.
(d) Gods who commit treason.
2. In 'Theogony', what do Tethys and Ocean's children become?
3. What is the job of the Muses that 'Theogony' deems most important?
(a) Feed dew to heaven-chosen princes.
(b) Feed Zeus grapes.
(c) Sing to Zeus.
(d) Create poetry for the Greeks.
4. Why is Earth mad at Heaven in 'Theogony'?
(a) She hid his sons.
(b) She disobeyed him.
(c) She betrayed him.
(d) She has an affair.
5. Who gives birth to Heaven, Hills and Pontius?
Short Answer Questions
1. What, in 'Works and Days', is the fifth generation made of?
2. What does the author not want the subject of 'Works and Days' to fall prey to?
3. How close is the land of goodness?
4. One of Heaven's sons greatly injures her in 'Theogony.' What does the blood of Heaven form after the betrayal?
5. In 'Works and Days', what should the slaves do when Orion appears?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)