|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does not exist before Pandora walks amongst the mortals?
2. In 'Theogony', why do the Gods choose Zeus to rule them?
(a) He beat the Titans.
(b) He beats Typhoeus.
(c) He controls lightning.
(d) He controls thunder.
3. What do the race of men created by Cronos enjoy in 'Works and Days'
(a) All bad things.
(d) All good things.
4. Who does Hesiod say constructs Zeus' maiden for the mortals in 'Works and Days'?
5. In 'Theogony', how long do Zeus and Mnemosyne lay together prior to conceiving the Muses?
(a) Twenty nights.
(b) Nine nights.
(c) Thirty nights.
(d) Two nights.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prophecy do Heaven and Earth tell Cronus about in 'Theogony'?
2. In 'Theogony', what does Earth give Cronus to trick him into thinking she gave him a child?
3. How many heads does Chimaera have?
4. Hesiod tells the audience about a prophecy in 'Theogony.' What does Zeus do to his father that Earth and Heaven predicted?
5. In 'Theogony', who kills Hydra?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)