|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Titans creator?
2. According to 'Works and Days', when should a father die if a second son is born?
(a) At a young age.
(c) A father should never have a second son.
(d) At old age.
3. How many goods does Hesiod advise his brother to keep at home?
(a) All of them.
(b) None of them.
(c) Most of them.
(d) Half of them.
4. What should be avoided during harvest time according to 'Works and Days'?
(b) Staying up late.
(c) Hard work.
(d) Sleeping until dawn.
5. Which Goddess, according to 'Theogony', has privileges amongst the heavens, earth and sea?
(d) The titans.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Hesiod's poem 'Works and Days', what does Zeus make man better than?
2. What will happen to those that judge straight according to 'Works and Days'?
3. In 'Works and Days', what holiday follows winter?
4. Hesiod tells the audience about a prophecy in 'Theogony.' What does Zeus do to his father that Earth and Heaven predicted?
5. What animal do Ceto and Phorcys give birth to?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)