|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How close is the land of goodness?
(a) 20 miles.
(b) Far away.
(d) A lifetime away.
2. How many people, in 'Works and Days', can Zeus provide wealth to?
(a) Very few.
(c) A great number.
3. What, in 'Works and Days', is the fifth generation made of?
4. What, in 'Works and Days', does Hesiod say his brother should avoid in the winter?
(a) The smithy.
(b) The barn.
(c) The church.
(d) The stable.
5. What are the names of the Cyclopes?
(a) Brontes, Steroppes and Arges.
(b) Brontes, Steroppes and Hera.
(c) Phoebe, Tethys and Arges.
(d) Phoebe, Tethys and Cronos.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Prometheus try to fool Zeus in the poem 'Theogony'?
2. Who follows Aphrodite after her birth in 'Theogony'?
3. Which son, according to 'Theogony', decides to betray Heaven and help Earth recover his sons?
4. In 'Works and Days', who teaches Zeus's maiden for the mortals about grace and beauty?
5. How many kinds of strife exist according to 'Works and Days'?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)