|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Apollo and the Muses give a gift to humans in 'Theogony'? Why did they give this gift?
(a) To entertain them.
(b) To end sorrow.
(c) To make beauty.
(d) To give them knowledge.
2. How many sources does the speaker in 'Works and Days' say men and mortals spring from?
3. What, according to 'Works and Days', does Hesiod say provides food and is not a disgrace?
4. What is the moral of the fable in 'Works and Days'?
(a) Fight till the finish.
(b) Don't try and withstand the stronger being.
(c) The meek shall inherit the earth.
(d) Sinners will be punished.
5. How does Prometheus try to fool Zeus in the poem 'Theogony'?
(a) He wears sheep's clothing.
(b) He unevenly distributes food.
(c) He tries to overthrow him.
(d) He slips him some wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does 'Works and Days' say a hired man should be?
2. What does Pandora release amongst the mortals when she lifts the lid off her jar?
3. What reputation should men avoid according to 'Works and Days'?
4. Who do Thaumas and Electra give birth to?
5. What is the speaker of 'Theogony' supposed to celebrate?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)