|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 'Theogony', what does Medusa suffer from?
(a) Being mortal.
(b) A heart attack.
(c) Being ugly.
2. Hesiod tells the audience about a prophecy in 'Theogony.' What does Zeus do to his father that Earth and Heaven predicted?
(a) Overpowers him.
(b) Murders him.
(c) Hugs him.
(d) Kisses him.
3. How many heads does Chimaera have?
4. Who gives birth to the Cyclopes?
5. Who do Thaumas and Electra give birth to?
(a) Crato and Bia.
(b) Earth-Shaker and Zeus.
(c) Iris, Harpies, Aello and Ocypetes.
(d) Epithetheus and Prometheus.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 'Theogony', why do the Gods choose Zeus to rule them?
2. What does Hesiod claim in 'Theogony' that Prometheus steals from Zeus?
3. What animal do Ceto and Phorcys give birth to?
4. When will the late plower compete with the early plower according to 'Works and Days'?
5. What size ship should his brother use if he chooses seafaring, writes Hesiod?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)