|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in 'Theogony' when Zeus murders Cronus?
(a) Cronus lives forever.
(b) Cronus dies.
(c) Zeus does not murder Cronus.
(d) Cronus vomits up his children.
2. In 'Works and Days', what is the third generation like?
(a) Strong and violent.
(b) Weak and sad.
(c) Wise and gentle.
(d) Foolish and silly.
3. How close is the land of Badness?
(a) A lifetime away.
(c) Far away.
(d) 500 miles.
4. Why is Earth mad at Heaven in 'Theogony'?
(a) She disobeyed him.
(b) She hid his sons.
(c) She has an affair.
(d) She betrayed him.
5. What, in 'Works and Days', does Hesiod say his brother should avoid in the winter?
(a) The barn.
(b) The stable.
(c) The church.
(d) The smithy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 'Works and Days', who teaches Zeus's maiden for the mortals about grace and beauty?
2. In 'Works and Days', what should one wash before crossing a river?
3. In 'Theogony', who does Zeus honor above all the other Gods?
4. Where is Zeus born?
5. What size ship should his brother use if he chooses seafaring, writes Hesiod?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)