|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does 'Works and Days' say a hired man should be?
2. Why is Earth mad at Heaven in 'Theogony'?
(a) She disobeyed him.
(b) She betrayed him.
(c) She has an affair.
(d) She hid his sons.
3. Who is Hesoid's brother?
4. What gift do Apollo and the muses give humans in 'Theogony'?
5. Who do Thaumas and Electra give birth to?
(a) Epithetheus and Prometheus.
(b) Crato and Bia.
(c) Iris, Harpies, Aello and Ocypetes.
(d) Earth-Shaker and Zeus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives birth to Ceto, Eurybia and Nereus?
2. What does Hesiod say is the best type of man in his poem 'Works and Days'?
3. What does Zeus send to Menoetius in 'Theogony', as a punishment for his pride?
4. Hesiod tells the audience about a prophecy in 'Theogony.' What does Zeus do to his father that Earth and Heaven predicted?
5. Who gives birth to Aether and Day?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)