|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Goddess, according to 'Theogony', has privileges amongst the heavens, earth and sea?
(b) The titans.
2. What does a little plus a little equal according to Hesiod in 'Works and Days'?
(a) Much more.
(b) Less than before.
(c) A little.
3. Who, in 'Works and Days', should plow men pray to in order to obtain good crops?
(a) Athena and Hercules.
(b) Adonis and Zeus.
(c) Zeus and Demeter.
(d) Apollo and Athena.
4. In 'Works and Days', who does Hesiod say the God's will destroy?
(a) Those who murder.
(b) Those who go to war.
(c) Those who sin.
(d) Those who take anothers wealth.
5. Who eats Prometheus' liver?
(a) A tiger.
(b) An eagle.
(d) A bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Prometheus steal for in 'Theogony'?
2. How does Heaven's son betray her in 'Theogony'?
3. Why, in 'Theogony', is the woman whose guile is not to be withstood by men created?
4. Why is Earth mad at Heaven in 'Theogony'?
5. In 'Theogony', what story does the speaker ask the Muses to tell him first?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)