|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 'Theogony', where does Zeus' mother hide him?
(a) In a palace.
(b) In the ocean.
(c) In a tree.
(d) In a cave.
2. What does the speaker learn from the Muses in 'Theogony'?
3. In 'Theogony', what does Atlas hold?
(a) An arrow.
(b) The oceans.
(c) The globe.
4. Who does Prometheus steal for in 'Theogony'?
5. How does Hesiod explain in 'Theogony' that Aphrodite is formed?
(a) From falling stars.
(b) From sea foam.
(c) From diamonds.
(d) From clay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who guards the Titans after they are defeated in 'Theogony'?
2. What, according to 'Works and Days', are the men in the silver generation like?
3. What does Pandora release amongst the mortals when she lifts the lid off her jar?
4. Who gives birth to Aether and Day?
5. What did the Muses give the speaker in 'Theogony'?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)