|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, in 'Works and Days', does Hesiod say his brother should avoid in the winter?
(a) The stable.
(b) The smithy.
(c) The barn.
(d) The church.
2. What will happen to those that judge straight according to 'Works and Days'?
(a) The will go to Hades.
(b) They will sin.
(c) They will prosper.
(d) The will perish.
3. The Muses tell a story to Hesiod in 'Theogony'. Who do the Muses say came into the world first?
4. How many days of winter are there according to 'Works and Days'?
5. Who gives birth to the Cyclopes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What creatures are above Typhoeus' neck?
2. Who does the speaker praise in the beginning of 'Theogony' ?
3. How does Zeus punish men who marry according to 'Theogony'?
4. Who is the Titans creator?
5. What does Hesiod claim in 'Theogony' that Prometheus steals from Zeus?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)