|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives birth to Zeus' first child?
2. Who is Hesoid's brother?
3. In Hesiod's poem 'Works and Days', Hesiod suggests that farmers use ox. How old should oxen be when attached to the plow?
4. In 'Works and Days', what should the slaves do when Orion appears?
(a) Winnow the grain.
(b) Cut the corn.
(c) Churn the butter.
5. Who gives birth to Doom, Fate, Death and Sleep?
(b) The Muses.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 'Theogony', who does Zeus honor above all the other Gods?
2. Who, in 'Works and Days', teaches Zeus's maiden for the mortals about deceit?
3. What does Zeus send to Menoetius in 'Theogony', as a punishment for his pride?
4. Who is Justice?
5. What are the names of the Cyclopes?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)