|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the most awful child of Earth and Heaven?
2. What does Hesiod advise his brother to do in 'Works and Days'?
3. What does Hesiod claim in 'Theogony' that Prometheus steals from Zeus?
4. Who rules over the sea?
(b) The mermaids.
5. What do Chimaera's heads look like?
(a) Different Gods.
(b) Different fish.
(c) Different beasts.
(d) Different humans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal marks the time for plowing?
2. Who does Hesiod claim in 'Theogony' lives in the house of Zeus?
3. What is Athena's greatest gift?
4. In 'Works and Days', what should the slaves do when Orion appears?
5. Who gives birth to Ceto, Eurybia and Nereus?
This section contains 148 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)