|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to 'Works and Days', does Hesiod say provides food and is not a disgrace?
2. When will the late plower compete with the early plower according to 'Works and Days'?
(a) When Apollo sends rain.
(b) When the seal barks.
(c) When the rooster crows.
(d) When Zeus sends rain.
3. What does Zeus receive as a reward in 'Theogony' for murdering Cronus?
(b) Rain and hail.
(c) Thunder and lightning.
(d) Tornados and hurricanes.
4. What temperature, does Hesiod write in 'Works and Days', his brother should avoid?
5. How many goods does Hesiod advise his brother to keep at home?
(a) Half of them.
(b) None of them.
(c) Most of them.
(d) All of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Muses give the speaker in 'Theogony'?
2. In 'Theogony', where does Zeus' mother hide him?
3. According to 'Theogony', who is the most important Muse?
4. How many muses are there?
5. What, according to 'Works and Days', are the men in the silver generation like?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)