|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives birth to Themisto, Pronoe and Nemertes?
(d) Nereus and Doris.
2. Who is the Titans creator?
3. According to 'Theogony', who is the most important Muse?
4. In 'Works and Days', who does Hesiod say the God's will destroy?
(a) Those who take anothers wealth.
(b) Those who go to war.
(c) Those who murder.
(d) Those who sin.
5. According to 'Works and Days', when should a father die if a second son is born?
(b) At old age.
(c) At a young age.
(d) A father should never have a second son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zeus send to Menoetius in 'Theogony', as a punishment for his pride?
2. Hesiod tells the audience about a prophecy in 'Theogony.' What does Zeus do to his father that Earth and Heaven predicted?
3. In 'Works and Days', who teaches Zeus's maiden for the mortals about grace and beauty?
4. Which son, according to 'Theogony', decides to betray Heaven and help Earth recover his sons?
5. Who eats Prometheus' liver?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)