|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hesiod discusses the plow season in 'Works and Days'. During the plowing season when will a worker rise?
(a) He will never sleep.
(b) In the afternoon.
(c) In the morning.
(d) At night.
2. Who is Hecate the nurse of?
(a) The young.
(b) The sick.
(c) The sad.
(d) The old.
3. In 'Works and Days', what does plowing too late in the season result in?
(a) No money.
(b) A bankrupt farm.
(c) A draught.
(d) A small yield.
4. Where is Zeus born?
(a) Rome, Italy.
(b) Lyetus of Crete.
(c) On top of a mountain.
(d) In heaven.
5. Who does Hesiod write in 'Works and Days' that his brother should sacrifice to?
(a) His village.
(c) The Gods.
(d) The Muses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the fourth generation like in 'Works and Days'?
2. What are the names of the Cyclopes?
3. What, according to 'Works and Days', does Hesiod say provides food and is not a disgrace?
4. What creature does Hera raise to plague the Nemeans?
5. According to 'Works and Days', who will punish those who are cruel?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)