|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the fable in 'Works and Days', who does the bird attack?
(a) A bear.
(b) A nightingale.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A lion.
2. In 'Theogony', what does Earth give Cronus to trick him into thinking she gave him a child?
(a) A stone wrapped in blankets.
(b) A slaughtered pig.
(c) A slaughtered cow.
(d) A baby wrapped in blankets.
3. What does not exist before Pandora walks amongst the mortals?
4. Who do Thaumas and Electra give birth to?
(a) Iris, Harpies, Aello and Ocypetes.
(b) Crato and Bia.
(c) Earth-Shaker and Zeus.
(d) Epithetheus and Prometheus.
5. In Hesiod's poem 'Works and Days', Hesiod suggests that farmers use ox. How old should oxen be when attached to the plow?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to 'Works and Days', when should a father die if a second son is born?
2. In 'Works and Days', when does Hesiod tell his brother he should chop wood?
3. Who follows Aphrodite after her birth in 'Theogony'?
4. In 'Works and Days', what is the third generation like?
5. In 'Works and Days', what should one wash before crossing a river?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)