|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Heaven hide the sons she hates in 'Theogony'?
(b) The mountains.
(c) Somewhere on Earth.
(d) Somewhere in Heaven.
2. Who is the hound of Hades?
(b) The Minotaur.
3. According to 'Works and Days', where does Zeus place the survivors of the fourth generation?
(a) In a house in the ocean.
(b) In a cave.
(c) An abode at the ends of the earth.
(d) In Mount Olympus.
4. What, in 'Works and Days', is the fifth generation made of?
5. What happens in 'Theogony' when Zeus murders Cronus?
(a) Cronus dies.
(b) Zeus does not murder Cronus.
(c) Cronus lives forever.
(d) Cronus vomits up his children.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hesiod explain in 'Theogony' that Aphrodite is formed?
2. What does a little plus a little equal according to Hesiod in 'Works and Days'?
3. Who does Justice tell Zeus about?
4. Who gives birth to Doom, Fate, Death and Sleep?
5. In 'Theogony', how long do Zeus and Mnemosyne lay together prior to conceiving the Muses?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)