|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hesiod explain in 'Theogony' that Aphrodite is formed?
(a) From sea foam.
(b) From diamonds.
(c) From falling stars.
(d) From clay.
2. Who kills Chimaera?
(d) Pegasus and Bellerophone.
3. In 'Works and Days', who does Hesiod create a fable for?
(a) The Gods.
(b) The reader.
4. In 'Theogony', why do the Gods choose Zeus to rule them?
(a) He controls thunder.
(b) He beat the Titans.
(c) He controls lightning.
(d) He beats Typhoeus.
5. Who does Hesiod say teaches Zeus's maiden for the mortals about finery in 'Works and Days'?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hesiod's poem 'Theogony', how does Cronus try to prevent Heaven and Earth's prophecy?
2. What does a good servant do during plow time according to 'Works and Days'?
3. What creature does Hera raise to plague the Nemeans?
4. In 'Works and Days', who teaches Zeus's maiden for the mortals about grace and beauty?
5. What, in 'Works and Days', can man tell the difference between?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)