|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Works and Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 'Works and Days', what does Hesiod say his brother should build in the summer?
2. Who rules over the sea?
(b) The mermaids.
3. What happens to the spirits of the men Cronos creates?
(a) They go to Hades.
(b) They become the guardians of mortal men.
(c) They become guardians of the Muses.
(d) They become guardians of the Gods.
4. What does the speaker learn from the Muses in 'Theogony'?
5. What, in 'Works and Days', can man tell the difference between?
(a) Right and wrong.
(b) Gods and mortals.
(c) Hades and heaven.
(d) Left and right.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hesiod suggest to his brother in 'Works and Days' to do if it is windy outside?
2. What does Hesiod say is the best type of man in his poem 'Works and Days'?
3. In Hesiod's poem 'Works and Days', what does Zeus make man better than?
4. In 'Works and Days', who does Hesiod tell his brother not to trust?
5. Who lives in a cave under a rock in 'Theogony'?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)