|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nadine's situation when Jules sees her again?
(a) She is engaged.
(b) She is single.
(c) She is married.
(d) She is dating someone.
2. What does Maureen do at the University of Detroit?
(a) Tutors high school students.
(b) Attends night school.
(c) Works as a secretary.
(d) Works as a janitor.
3. How does Jules feel about himself after his near-death experience?
(a) He is hopeless, and doesn't feel like himself anymore.
(b) He feels as if he has a new lease on life because of what happened to him.
(c) He is angry at himself for the situation he is in.
(d) He is happier now than he ever was before.
4. Why does Maureen want Jules to leave quickly when he visits?
(a) She doesn't want Joe to come home and find Jules there.
(b) She is afraid of what her neighbors will think of Jules.
(c) She is afraid of Jules because she knows he is a murderer.
(d) She doesn't want the police to come to her house to find Jules.
5. What does Jules end up doing for money in Chapter 7 of the second book?
(a) Participating in a medical experiment.
(b) Selling his coin collection.
(c) Prostituting himself.
(d) Selling his blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jules tell Vera about love?
2. Where does Maureen live, at the beginning of the third book?
3. At the novel's end, why is Jules moving?
4. With whom is Jules living in Chapter 6 of the third book?
5. How does the second book end?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)