|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon whom is Maureen's character based?
(a) A character in another book.
(b) One of the author's students.
(c) A character in a movie.
(d) One of the author's family members.
2. Why does Loretta seek shelter at the YMCA?
(a) She lost her job and can't pay her rent.
(b) Her husband left and she can't pay her rent.
(c) The friend she was staying with moved to another state.
(d) A firebomb burns down her building.
3. What does Loretta steal during the riots?
(b) A television.
(c) A car.
(d) A gun.
4. What is Jules trying to do in Chapter 7 of the second book?
(a) Make his way from Texas back to Michigan.
(b) Get a job in Michigan.
(c) Get a job in Texas.
(d) Get from Michigan down to Texas.
5. Who is Mort?
(a) The leader of a socialist group.
(b) Maureen's lover.
(c) Jules's friend.
(d) Loretta's new husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vera suggest for a radical display?
2. How does Mort feel about America?
3. Where do Jules and Nadine go after becoming reacquainted?
4. What does Jules tell Vera about love?
5. How does Nadine feel about Jules when they reunite?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)