|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Loretta initially react when Maureen tells her of her plans to marry Jim?
(a) She is jealous.
(b) She is pleased.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She is apathetic.
2. How does the second book end?
(a) Jules is permanently injured.
(b) Jules dies.
(c) Nadine dies.
(d) Jules and Nadine get married.
3. Who is Miss Oates?
(a) Jules's girlfriend.
(b) Loretta's coworker.
(c) Betty's teacher.
(d) Maureen's professor.
4. What does the library mean to Maureen?
(a) It is a haven of peace, and a place to escape.
(b) It is a place for her to see her friends, away from her mother's watchful eye.
(c) It symbolizes the education that will get her out of her present situation.
(d) It is the place where she someday hopes to have a career.
5. When Maureen's recovery begins, how long has she been in her catatonic state?
(a) A year.
(b) Two months.
(c) Eighteen months.
(d) Six months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has the visitor been doing for Maureen?
2. Why did Jim marry, and stay married?
3. How does Loretta's attitude change when she finds out that Jim is married?
4. Why does Jules get out of the car that he had ridden in?
5. Who does Maureen want to marry?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)