|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jules's girlfriend want him to do?
(a) Get a job.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Move away from the city with her.
(d) Have a child with her.
2. What does Jim encourage Maureen to do?
(a) Participate in after-class activities.
(b) Leave school and get a job.
(c) Move to Las Vegas.
(d) Become a model.
3. Why does Maureen want Jules to leave quickly when he visits?
(a) She is afraid of what her neighbors will think of Jules.
(b) She doesn't want the police to come to her house to find Jules.
(c) She is afraid of Jules because she knows he is a murderer.
(d) She doesn't want Joe to come home and find Jules there.
4. What has the visitor been doing for Maureen?
(a) Helping to bring her out of her catatonic state.
(b) Tutoring her in her college work.
(c) Loaning her money to get her out of her parents' house.
(d) Trying to help her find a job.
5. Who does Jules write to in Chapter 7 of the second book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Samson Wendall, in relation to Jules?
2. In what way has Maureen changed since the beginning of the novel?
3. What does Loretta blame for the disconnect between herself and her children?
4. What is happening to Maureen during her recovery?
5. What does Vera suggest for a radical display?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)