|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Loretta steal during the riots?
(a) A television.
(b) A gun.
(c) A car.
2. Who gives Jules a rifle on the street?
(a) A woman who is running away from the riots.
(b) A young African-American boy who has been shot.
(c) A policeman who wants all the help he can get.
(d) A man who wants Jules to fight with him.
3. What does Jules's girlfriend want him to do?
(a) Have a child with her.
(b) Get a job.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Move away from the city with her.
4. When Maureen's recovery begins, how long has she been in her catatonic state?
(a) Two months.
(b) Eighteen months.
(c) Six months.
(d) A year.
5. Why does Jules get out of the car that he had ridden in?
(a) It crashes into a building.
(b) The driver tries to kidnap him.
(c) The streets are too full of people to drive through.
(d) The car catches fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Maureen living at the end of the novel?
2. Where does Jules see Nadine again, after their long separation following the ill-fated road trip?
3. What is happening to Maureen during her recovery?
4. Who is ill in Chapter 10 of the second book?
5. Where does Loretta see Jules when she gets out of the shelter?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)