|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Loretta initially react when Maureen tells her of her plans to marry Jim?
(a) She is apathetic.
(b) She is jealous.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She is pleased.
2. What does Jules end up doing for money in Chapter 7 of the second book?
(a) Prostituting himself.
(b) Selling his blood.
(c) Participating in a medical experiment.
(d) Selling his coin collection.
3. Who is Miss Oates?
(a) Jules's girlfriend.
(b) Maureen's professor.
(c) Loretta's coworker.
(d) Betty's teacher.
4. What is Maureen doing at the beginning of the third book?
(a) Writing a letter.
(b) Staring into her reflection in a mirror.
(c) Working at the library.
(d) Having a baby.
5. What has the visitor been doing for Maureen?
(a) Trying to help her find a job.
(b) Tutoring her in her college work.
(c) Helping to bring her out of her catatonic state.
(d) Loaning her money to get her out of her parents' house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the library mean to Maureen?
2. Jules breaks the windows to what type of business?
3. What year is it in Chapter 8 of the second book?
4. What prevents Nadine from committing fully to a relationship with Jules?
5. Why does Loretta seek shelter at the YMCA?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)