|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is happening to Maureen during her recovery?
(a) She is forgetting much of her past.
(b) She is having difficulty learning how to do simple things.
(c) She is slowly going blind.
(d) She is having flashbacks of the night she was beaten.
2. How does Loretta's attitude change when she finds out that Jim is married?
(a) She disapproves, but doesn't want to get involved.
(b) She admires Maureen for her courage.
(c) She calls Maureen a whore, and kicks her out.
(d) She pretends to be pleased, but is secretly disappointed in Maureen.
3. What does Loretta steal during the riots?
(a) A car.
(b) A television.
(c) A gun.
4. Who is Jim?
(a) Another of Maureen's professors.
(b) Loretta's new husband.
(c) Jules's best friend.
(d) Maureen's boss.
5. Who is Miss Oates?
(a) Loretta's coworker.
(b) Maureen's professor.
(c) Betty's teacher.
(d) Jules's girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mort want to rid himself of his money?
2. How does Vera feel about Jules?
3. What happens as Nadine and Jules are walking together and making plans to meet again?
4. Which character is central in Chapter 7 of the second book?
5. Who is Samson Wendall, in relation to Jules?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)