|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time has passed between Maureen's year of catatonia, and the present time in Chapter 8 of the second book?
(a) A few months.
(b) Several years.
(c) Many years.
(d) Several weeks.
2. Who does Jules encounter after breaking the windows?
(a) A woman he recognizes from the newspaper.
(b) The boy who gave him the rifle.
(c) A news reporter.
(d) A policeman who had shot at him.
3. At the novel's end, why is Jules moving?
(a) To get away from his family.
(b) To continue his work with Mort.
(c) To start a new life with Nadine.
(d) To avoid the police pursuing him.
4. What does Samson do for Jules?
(a) Loans him money.
(b) Helps him get Nadine back.
(c) Gives him a job.
(d) Buys him a car.
5. Who is ill in Chapter 10 of the second book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Jules and Loretta go every week, in Chapter 10 of the second book?
2. Why did Jim marry, and stay married?
3. What is Maureen beginning to be able to do in Chapter 7 of the second book?
4. Why does Jules avoid the gazes of the policemen on the streets?
5. Where does Jules see Nadine again, after their long separation following the ill-fated road trip?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)