|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After her marriage to Jim, why doesn't Maureen want any contact with her family?
(a) Joe doesn't allow her to have any contact with them.
(b) She doesn't want Joe to know how poor her family is.
(c) She is afraid of becoming involved with their criminal activities.
(d) She wants the part of her life she associates with them to be over.
2. How is Jules making money in Chapter 6 of the third book?
(a) He sells useless gadgets and broken tools.
(b) He sells used cars that break down soon after they are purchased.
(c) He takes it from Marcia, and puts Vera to work as a hooker.
(d) He steals cars and mugs people on the streets.
3. How does Loretta's attitude change when she finds out that Jim is married?
(a) She calls Maureen a whore, and kicks her out.
(b) She disapproves, but doesn't want to get involved.
(c) She admires Maureen for her courage.
(d) She pretends to be pleased, but is secretly disappointed in Maureen.
4. Upon whom is Maureen's character based?
(a) A character in a movie.
(b) One of the author's students.
(c) One of the author's family members.
(d) A character in another book.
5. What is Jim's family life like?
(a) He is married, but has no children.
(b) He is single and has no children.
(c) He is married, and has children.
(d) He is not married, but has children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Samson do for Jules?
2. Who has been visiting Loretta and her children in Chapter 7 of the second book?
3. What does the library mean to Maureen?
4. Who gives Jules a rifle on the street?
5. Who is Jim?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)