|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Maureen living at the end of the novel?
2. Where does Loretta see Jules when she gets out of the shelter?
(a) At his home.
(b) In the grocery store.
(c) On television.
(d) On the streetcorner.
3. What happens as Nadine and Jules are walking together and making plans to meet again?
(a) Nadine pulls a gun from her pocket and shoots Jules and herself.
(b) Nadine's husband finds her and kills Jules.
(c) Jules is hit by a drunk driver.
(d) Nadine is killed by a heart attack.
4. Who is Vera?
(a) Maureen's friend.
(b) Loretta's youngest daughter.
(c) One of Mort's proteges.
(d) Mort's sister.
5. How does Loretta's attitude change when she finds out that Jim is married?
(a) She pretends to be pleased, but is secretly disappointed in Maureen.
(b) She admires Maureen for her courage.
(c) She disapproves, but doesn't want to get involved.
(d) She calls Maureen a whore, and kicks her out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is causing Jim to reevaluate his situation with his wife and family?
2. What does Jules end up doing for money in Chapter 7 of the second book?
3. How does the second book end?
4. Why does Mort want to rid himself of his money?
5. Where does Jules think he may have found a promising career?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)