|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maureen need money immediately?
(a) To buy a gun.
(b) To make a deposit for her college application.
(c) To get out of her parents' house.
(d) To pay Pat's bookie.
2. Why does Maureen enjoy the library so much?
(a) She associates the stillness with a life she hopes to someday have away from her family.
(b) She hopes to meet a man there who can take her away from her family.
(c) There is a librarian there that she has a crush on.
(d) She knows an education is the key to rising out of poverty.
3. Who watches Loretta's children while Loretta goes out to make money?
(a) Jules cares for himself and the two girls.
(b) Loretta brings them to work with her.
(c) Brock watches them.
(d) Mrs. Wendall watches them.
4. Who is Maureen?
(a) Loretta's older daughter.
(b) Brock's aunt.
(c) Mrs. Wendall's niece.
(d) Howard's sister.
5. Who is the first major character to be introduced?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Maureen's notebook?
2. Why is Loretta arrested?
3. Who is Pat Furlong?
4. How does Maureen feel about her method of earning an income?
5. Who is Howard Wendall?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jules do while trying to perform a magic trick for Maureen?
2. What happens to Howard in Chapter 10 of the first book?
3. What happens to Mrs. Wendall after Howard's death?
4. How does Jules seduce Nadine?
5. What do Jules and Nadine end up doing in Chapter 5 of the second book?
6. What is Jules and Nadine's relationship like after their reunion?
7. How does Jules get a rifle during the riot?
8. How does Loretta deal with Maureen's condition?
9. Which of Jules's behaviors is particularly worrisome to Loretta?
10. To whom does Maureen write her letters?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)