|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jules steal a car?
(a) To drive himself and Nadine to Canada.
(b) To drive himself to Seattle.
(c) To drive himself to California.
(d) To drive himself and Nadine to Texas or Mexico.
2. Why does Faye take Jules home when she meets him?
(a) He is lightheaded from lack of food and sleep.
(b) She is attracted to him.
(c) He is shivering in the rain.
(d) She wants to rob him.
3. Who burns down the barn?
4. Who watches Loretta's children while Loretta goes out to make money?
(a) Brock watches them.
(b) Mrs. Wendall watches them.
(c) Jules cares for himself and the two girls.
(d) Loretta brings them to work with her.
5. What is Loretta forced to do as payment for Howard's help?
(a) She has to take care of his dying mother.
(b) She has to sleep with him.
(c) She has to marry his nephew.
(d) She has to pay him back within a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pretense does Jules use to visit Nadine?
2. What does Loretta do after Mrs. Wendall is gone?
3. Who is Rita?
4. How does Loretta make money to support herself and her children?
5. How does the barn fire start?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Maureen's situation at the beginning of the third book?
2. What do Jules and Nadine end up doing in Chapter 5 of the second book?
3. What is Loretta's situation at the beginning of the novel?
4. What is Jules doing while Maureen is recovering?
5. What happens when Loretta visits her father for the first time after her marriage?
6. What happens to Howard in Chapter 10 of the first book?
7. Why does Howard leave the farm in Chapter 6 of the first book?
8. What is the result of Jules's and Nadine's adventure?
9. What does Jules do at the end of Chapter 7 of the third book?
10. What is Jules and Nadine's relationship like after their reunion?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)