|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Betty?
(a) Howard's sister.
(b) Loretta's younger daughter.
(c) Maureen's cousin.
(d) Loretta's friend.
2. Where is Howard living, after the war?
(a) With another relative.
(b) In Detroit, with Loretta.
(c) On the streets.
(d) At home with his mother.
3. How did Bernard make most of his money?
(a) An item he invented.
(b) The business he owned.
(c) His involvement in the Detroit mob.
(d) An inheritance.
4. What does Loretta do every night while waiting for Pat to come home?
(a) Does dishes.
(b) Goes to bed.
(d) Darns socks.
5. What does Nadine know about why Bernard was killed?
(a) She knows it is because he got involved with the wrong people.
(c) She thinks it is because he didn't pay his bookie.
(d) She knows who killed him, and why.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Bernie?
2. Why do Jules, Maureen, and Betty fail to bond with their parents?
3. What is Maureen's method of escape?
4. What are Maureen's responsibilities on a daily basis?
5. What happens to Jules while he and Nadine are on the road?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jules do at the end of Chapter 7 of the third book?
2. What is happening to Maureen as she begins to come out of her catatonia?
3. What state is Maureen in as a result of her attack?
4. What happens to Loretta after her building burns down during the riots?
5. What is Jules and Nadine's relationship like after their reunion?
6. How does Jules feel after his father's funeral?
7. What does Jules learn about Bernard in Chapter 4 of the second book?
8. What is Jules's living situation in Chapter 6 of the third book?
9. Why hasn't Maureen been able to get a job?
10. What do Jules and Nadine end up doing in Chapter 5 of the second book?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)