|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jules do for work after Bernard's murder?
(a) He works as a receptionist at a hotel.
(b) He works at a local garage repairing cars.
(c) He works as a delivery driver for a florist.
(d) He works at a restaurant as a short-order cook.
2. Where is Mrs. Wendall living?
(a) With Loretta and Howard.
(b) In a nursing home.
(c) In a shelter.
(d) With another relative.
3. How does Loretta feel about Mrs. Wendall?
(a) She is grateful to have her around to help with the children.
(b) She hates her meddling, overbearing attitude.
(c) She is jealous of Mrs. Wendall's relationship with Howard.
(d) She is glad to have her as company.
4. Who is Brock, in relation to Loretta?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her father.
5. How long is Pat in jail?
(a) Four months.
(b) Eighteen months.
(c) Six months.
(d) A year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Howard do for Loretta?
2. What happens when Jules visits Nadine?
3. Where does Maureen hide the money she makes?
4. How does Maureen feel about her parents?
5. What is Maureen's method of escape?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Maureen and Jules talk about when Jules visits her in Dearborn?
2. What does Jules tell Vera about love?
3. As a young adult, how does Maureen feel about her family?
4. What happens when Loretta visits her father for the first time after her marriage?
5. How does Jules seduce Nadine?
6. What is Jules and Nadine's relationship like after their reunion?
7. What happens to Maureen after Howard's death?
8. What happens to Loretta after Howard's death?
9. Why does Howard leave the farm in Chapter 6 of the first book?
10. What happens to Loretta after her building burns down during the riots?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)