|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Loretta feel about Howard's absence?
(a) She does not miss him, surprisingly.
(b) She is lost without him.
(c) She is angry at him, and glad he is gone.
(d) She misses him, but is able to cope.
2. What does Pat see Maureen doing, in the last chapter of the first book?
(a) He sees her sneaking out of the house after dark.
(b) He sees her putting her money away.
(c) He sees her in a car with a man, her customer.
(d) He sees her looking through his wallet.
3. What happens when Jules visits Nadine?
(a) He seduces her.
(b) He rapes her.
(c) She robs him.
(d) She throws him out.
4. What pretense does Jules use to visit Nadine?
(a) He delivers flowers to her.
(b) He delivers some of her uncle's possessions to her.
(c) He visits her sister.
(d) He needs to ask her questions about her uncle's estate.
5. How does Maureen feel about the loss of her notebook?
(a) She is proud of herself for keeping duplicates of all of her notes.
(b) She is furious at her sister's carelessness.
(c) She feels hopeless and doesn't know how to retrieve it.
(d) She is devastated by her own irresponsibility.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Loretta's situation at the beginning of the second book?
2. What does Howard do for Loretta?
3. What are the rumors circulating about Loretta at the beginning of the novel?
4. How old is Loretta at the beginning of the novel?
5. What does Jules do when he finds Bernard?
Short Essay Questions
1. To whom does Maureen write her letters?
2. What do Jules and Nadine end up doing in Chapter 5 of the second book?
3. What happens to Loretta and Bernie?
4. How does Loretta feel about Howard's absence?
5. What happens to Jules in Tulsa?
6. How does Jules reunite with Nadine?
7. What is the content of Maureen's letters?
8. What does Jules do at the end of Chapter 7 of the third book?
9. How does Jules meet Bernard?
10. What is the relationship between Samson Wendall and Jules?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)