|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Loretta make money to support herself and her children?
(a) She becomes a prostitute.
(b) She waits tables at a local diner.
(c) She sells drugs.
(d) She sings at a local nightclub.
2. What happens when Jules visits Nadine?
(a) He rapes her.
(b) She throws him out.
(c) She robs him.
(d) He seduces her.
3. What does Pat see Maureen doing, in the last chapter of the first book?
(a) He sees her putting her money away.
(b) He sees her looking through his wallet.
(c) He sees her in a car with a man, her customer.
(d) He sees her sneaking out of the house after dark.
4. What type of school do Loretta's children attend?
(a) A Catholic school.
(b) Loretta home-schools them.
(c) An inner-city public school.
(d) A Hebrew school.
5. Why is Jules almost killed in Children of Silence, Chapter 9?
(a) His father beats him severely.
(b) He is mugged walking home from work.
(c) He gets very ill from a drug overdose.
(d) He ponders robbing a store and is shot at by a police officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pretense does Jules use to visit Nadine?
2. Why does Maureen enjoy the library so much?
3. How does Maureen feel about her method of earning an income?
4. How does Mrs. Wendall react to the barn fire?
5. Where is Howard living, after the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Mrs. Wendall after Howard's death?
2. Why is Jim re-evaluating his relationship with his current wife?
3. What is happening to Maureen as she begins to come out of her catatonia?
4. What does Loretta think about her relationship with her children while she is in the shelter?
5. How does Maureen make money so she can leave her parents' house?
6. How does Jules feel about himself after the shooting?
7. Why hasn't Maureen been able to get a job?
8. How does Loretta react when Maureen tells her about Jim?
9. What does Jules tell Vera about love?
10. To whom does Maureen write her letters?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)