|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Pat Furlong?
(a) A police officer investigating Howard's death.
(b) Howard's former employer.
(c) Loretta's new husband.
(d) A reverend at the local church.
2. Why does Jules steal a car?
(a) To drive himself and Nadine to Canada.
(b) To drive himself to California.
(c) To drive himself and Nadine to Texas or Mexico.
(d) To drive himself to Seattle.
3. What is Loretta forced to do as payment for Howard's help?
(a) She has to take care of his dying mother.
(b) She has to marry his nephew.
(c) She has to pay him back within a month.
(d) She has to sleep with him.
4. What kind of a child is Jules?
(a) Boisterous and obnoxious.
(b) Quiet and introspective.
(c) Defiant and disrespectful.
(d) Delightful and adventurous.
5. Who takes Mrs. Wendall to all of her appointments at the clinic?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nadine do to help Jules in Chapter 6 of the second book?
2. How is Howard killed?
3. In what condition is Pat when he comes home at night?
4. What does Jules struggle with after Howard's funeral?
5. Why does Faye take Jules home when she meets him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jim re-evaluating his relationship with his current wife?
2. Which of Jules's behaviors is particularly worrisome to Loretta?
3. Why hasn't Maureen been able to get a job?
4. What does Jules do while trying to perform a magic trick for Maureen?
5. What is the content of Maureen's letters?
6. What happens to Maureen after Howard's death?
7. What does Jules do at the end of Chapter 7 of the third book?
8. What do Maureen and Jules talk about when Jules visits her in Dearborn?
9. What does Loretta think about her relationship with her children while she is in the shelter?
10. What is Jules doing while Maureen is recovering?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)