|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of a child is Jules?
(a) Quiet and introspective.
(b) Delightful and adventurous.
(c) Defiant and disrespectful.
(d) Boisterous and obnoxious.
2. Why is Loretta arrested?
(b) Carrying a concealed weapon.
(c) Leaving her children unattended.
(d) Distributing narcotics.
3. What does Loretta force Maureen to do for Pat?
(a) Perform sexual favors for him.
(b) Give him backrubs.
(c) Shave his chest.
(d) Wash his laundry.
4. What happens to Jules while he and Nadine are on the road?
(a) He receives word that his mother is dead.
(b) He is shot and killed.
(c) He is hit by a car.
(d) He gets dysentery.
5. What type of school do Loretta's children attend?
(a) An inner-city public school.
(b) A Catholic school.
(c) A Hebrew school.
(d) Loretta home-schools them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Wendall live after Howard's death?
2. What year is it in Children of Silence, Chapter 9?
3. How might Nadine's emotions be described?
4. What happens when Jules visits Nadine?
5. What does Howard do for Loretta?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the result of Jules's and Nadine's adventure?
2. How does Loretta feel when she sees Jules on the news?
3. How does Jules' relationship with Nadine end?
4. What does Jules do at the end of Chapter 7 of the third book?
5. What happens to Maureen after Howard's death?
6. What happens when Loretta visits her father for the first time after her marriage?
7. What happens to Howard in Chapter 10 of the first book?
8. How does Jules feel about the riot fires on the streets of Detroit?
9. As a young adult, how does Maureen feel about her family?
10. What is Maureen's situation at the beginning of the third book?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)