|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of a child is Jules?
(a) Boisterous and obnoxious.
(b) Delightful and adventurous.
(c) Defiant and disrespectful.
(d) Quiet and introspective.
2. What is Maureen's method of escape?
(a) Running away repeatedly.
(b) Going to the movies.
(c) Drugs and alcohol.
(d) Going to the library.
3. How does Mrs. Wendall react to the barn fire?
(a) She assumes that it was a lightning strike.
(b) She faints when she sees it.
(c) She whips the perpetrator with a stick.
(d) She is pleased to get the insurance money.
4. What does Jules do when he finds Bernard?
(a) He calls the police and stays with Bernard until they come.
(b) Returns the money Bernard had given him to Bernard's pocket and leaves.
(c) He brings Bernard to his mother's house to stay with her.
(d) He calls Bernard's lawyer to come help him.
5. In what condition is Pat when he comes home at night?
(a) He comes home exhausted and cranky from working late.
(b) He comes home late and drunk.
(c) He usually doesn't come home.
(d) He comes home in a good mood many nights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Pat Furlong?
2. What year is it in Children of Silence, Chapter 9?
3. What does Loretta force Maureen to do for Pat?
4. Why does Bernard give Jules three hundred dollars?
5. What happens to Maureen's notebook?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Loretta feel about Howard's absence?
2. What are some of Maureen's responsibilities around the house after Loretta marries Pat?
3. What happens to Maureen as a result of her method of earning income?
4. What does Loretta think about her relationship with her children while she is in the shelter?
5. How does Jules seduce Nadine?
6. How does Maureen make money so she can leave her parents' house?
7. What is Loretta's reputation as a teenager?
8. What do Jules and Nadine end up doing in Chapter 5 of the second book?
9. How does Mrs. Wendall react to the barn fire?
10. How do Mort and Vera differ in their ideas about social change?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)