|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Maureen?
(a) Mrs. Wendall's niece.
(b) Howard's sister.
(c) Loretta's older daughter.
(d) Brock's aunt.
2. Who burns down the barn?
3. How does Maureen feel about the loss of her notebook?
(a) She is furious at her sister's carelessness.
(b) She feels hopeless and doesn't know how to retrieve it.
(c) She is devastated by her own irresponsibility.
(d) She is proud of herself for keeping duplicates of all of her notes.
4. What is Maureen's method of escape?
(a) Running away repeatedly.
(b) Drugs and alcohol.
(c) Going to the movies.
(d) Going to the library.
5. How does Maureen decide to make money?
(a) She sells her collection of porcelain dolls.
(b) She turns to prostitution.
(c) She sells her grandmother's medication.
(d) She tutors her classmates.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Brock, in relation to Loretta?
2. Why is Bernard killed?
3. How might Nadine's emotions be described?
4. What position is Maureen elected to in school?
5. What does Pat see Maureen doing, in the last chapter of the first book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jules feel about himself after the shooting?
2. How does Loretta deal with Maureen's condition?
3. What is happening to Maureen as she begins to come out of her catatonia?
4. How does Jules get a rifle during the riot?
5. What do Jules and Nadine end up doing in Chapter 5 of the second book?
6. What does Jules do at the end of Chapter 7 of the third book?
7. What is the result of Jules's and Nadine's adventure?
8. What happens to Loretta and Bernie?
9. Who is helping Maureen to come out of her catatonia?
10. What does Maureen write about one of her other professors?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)