|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Loretta force Maureen to do for Pat?
(a) Give him backrubs.
(b) Perform sexual favors for him.
(c) Shave his chest.
(d) Wash his laundry.
2. Who cooks and waits up for Pat every night?
(b) No one.
3. Who is Jules?
(a) Howard's brother.
(b) Loretta's nephew.
(c) Loretta's oldest son.
(d) Brock's brother.
4. Who is Maureen?
(a) Howard's sister.
(b) Loretta's older daughter.
(c) Brock's aunt.
(d) Mrs. Wendall's niece.
5. How do the children react to Howard's death?
(a) Jules is devastated, but the girls show little emotion.
(b) They are all devastated.
(c) They show little emotion.
(d) Betty is the only one who is upset about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Loretta go with her children while Howard is gone?
2. How does Loretta's family feel about Mrs. Wendall's placement in a nursing home?
3. During what years does the novel take place?
4. How does Maureen decide to make money?
5. What does Nadine know about why Bernard was killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. As a young adult, how does Maureen feel about her family?
2. What does Jules learn about Bernard in Chapter 4 of the second book?
3. What happens to Loretta after Howard's death?
4. What is Jules's living situation in Chapter 6 of the third book?
5. What is Jules doing while Maureen is recovering?
6. What happens to Howard in Chapter 10 of the first book?
7. Why is Jim re-evaluating his relationship with his current wife?
8. What do Jules and Nadine end up doing in Chapter 5 of the second book?
9. What is the result of Jules's and Nadine's adventure?
10. How does Jules feel about the riot fires on the streets of Detroit?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)