|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Jules while he and Nadine are on the road?
(a) He is shot and killed.
(b) He is hit by a car.
(c) He receives word that his mother is dead.
(d) He gets dysentery.
2. Why does Bernard give Jules three hundred dollars?
(a) For a new car.
(b) For a haircut, a suit, and groceries for his mother.
(c) So Jules can pay off a debt.
(d) So Jules can go to Texas.
3. How does Maureen decide to make money?
(a) She sells her grandmother's medication.
(b) She turns to prostitution.
(c) She tutors her classmates.
(d) She sells her collection of porcelain dolls.
4. What does Loretta discover when she visits her father after moving away?
(a) That he is missing.
(b) That he has been institutionalized.
(c) That he has gotten remarried.
(d) That he has been killed.
5. What is Loretta forced to do as payment for Howard's help?
(a) She has to pay him back within a month.
(b) She has to sleep with him.
(c) She has to take care of his dying mother.
(d) She has to marry his nephew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Bernie?
2. To whom does Loretta go for help while Howard is gone?
3. Who is Howard Wendall?
4. Where is Howard living, after the war?
5. What does Jules do for work after Bernard's murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jules feel after his father's funeral?
2. What happens the night that Jules runs away and Loretta is frantic to find him?
3. What is Loretta's reputation as a teenager?
4. How does Loretta feel about Howard's absence?
5. What does Jules learn about Bernard in Chapter 4 of the second book?
6. How does Jules feel about himself after the shooting?
7. What state is Maureen in as a result of her attack?
8. How does Loretta meet Howard?
9. Why does Howard leave the farm in Chapter 6 of the first book?
10. What happens to Maureen as a result of her method of earning income?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)