|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Loretta's situation at the beginning of the second book?
(a) She is not pregnant and still working.
(b) She is pregnant, but still working.
(c) She is not pregnant, but unemployed.
(d) She is pregnant and unemployed.
2. What does Loretta force Maureen to do for Pat?
(a) Give him backrubs.
(b) Perform sexual favors for him.
(c) Wash his laundry.
(d) Shave his chest.
3. What sort of relationship does Betty have with her brother and sister?
(a) All three of them are very close.
(b) Betty is close to Jules, but not to Maureen.
(c) Betty isn't close to either of her siblings.
(d) Betty is close to Maureen, but not to Jules.
4. What does Loretta discover when she visits her father after moving away?
(a) That he has been institutionalized.
(b) That he has been killed.
(c) That he is missing.
(d) That he has gotten remarried.
5. In what condition does Jules find Bernard?
(a) Lying face-up, with his throat slashed.
(b) Being held hostage.
(c) Penniless and suicidal.
(d) Drunk and passed out in an alley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jules almost killed in Children of Silence, Chapter 9?
2. Where does Loretta go with her children while Howard is gone?
3. What happens when Jules visits Nadine?
4. Who is Pat Furlong?
5. What relationship exists between Nadine and Bernard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Loretta's situation at the beginning of the novel?
2. What happens to Loretta and Bernie?
3. What is the significance of the letters that Maureen writes?
4. What is Jules's living situation in Chapter 6 of the third book?
5. Why does Maureen want to marry Jim?
6. What happens to Howard in Chapter 10 of the first book?
7. How does Loretta deal with Maureen's condition?
8. How does Jules feel after his father's funeral?
9. What happens when Loretta visits her father for the first time after her marriage?
10. How does Jules feel about himself after the shooting?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)