|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year is it at the beginning of the second book, chapter 4?
2. How might Nadine's emotions be described?
(a) Somewhat stable.
(b) Very unstable.
(c) Very stable.
(d) Somewhat unstable.
3. What are Maureen's responsibilities on a daily basis?
(a) Going to work and completing her schoolwork.
(b) Cooking, housework, and her own schoolwork.
(c) Going to work, because she does not attend school.
(d) Only her schoolwork.
4. How did Bernard make most of his money?
(a) His involvement in the Detroit mob.
(b) The business he owned.
(c) An inheritance.
(d) An item he invented.
5. Where does Maureen hide the money she makes?
(a) In her desk drawer.
(b) In her jewelry box.
(c) In books in her room.
(d) Under her mattress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is it in Children of Silence, Chapter 9?
2. In what city does most of the novel take place?
3. How does Maureen decide to make money?
4. Why does Faye take Jules home when she meets him?
5. Who is Maureen?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Mort and Vera differ in their ideas about social change?
2. How does Loretta feel about Howard's absence?
3. How does Jules feel after his father's funeral?
4. How does Loretta deal with Maureen's condition?
5. What happens to Howard in Chapter 10 of the first book?
6. What happens to Loretta and Bernie?
7. What do Jules and Nadine end up doing in Chapter 5 of the second book?
8. What is Loretta's reputation as a teenager?
9. What is the relationship between Samson Wendall and Jules?
10. How does Jules' relationship with Nadine end?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)