|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Loretta force Maureen to do for Pat?
(a) Shave his chest.
(b) Wash his laundry.
(c) Perform sexual favors for him.
(d) Give him backrubs.
2. Who is Jules?
(a) Brock's brother.
(b) Howard's brother.
(c) Loretta's oldest son.
(d) Loretta's nephew.
3. Who is Bernie Malin?
(a) A boy Loretta has been seeing.
(b) One of Brock's friends.
(c) One of Loretta's father's friends.
(d) Loretta's cousin.
4. What does Nadine know about why Bernard was killed?
(a) She thinks it is because he didn't pay his bookie.
(c) She knows who killed him, and why.
(d) She knows it is because he got involved with the wrong people.
5. Who takes Mrs. Wendall to all of her appointments at the clinic?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Pat in jail?
2. What does Loretta do every night while waiting for Pat to come home?
3. What does Loretta do after Mrs. Wendall is gone?
4. What does Loretta discover when she visits her father after moving away?
5. What pretense does Jules use to visit Nadine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Mrs. Wendall after Howard's death?
2. Why hasn't Maureen been able to get a job?
3. What happens to Maureen after Howard's death?
4. What has changed about Maureen as a result of her catatonia?
5. What does Loretta think about her relationship with her children while she is in the shelter?
6. What are some of Maureen's responsibilities around the house after Loretta marries Pat?
7. What is Loretta's reputation as a teenager?
8. What is Betty's relationship with her family?
9. What happens when Loretta visits her father for the first time after her marriage?
10. How does Jules reunite with Nadine?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)