|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Jules visits Nadine?
(a) She throws him out.
(b) She robs him.
(c) He rapes her.
(d) He seduces her.
2. How does the barn fire start?
(a) Embers from a campfire.
(b) A magic trick gone awry.
(c) A cigarette butt that isn't extinguished.
(d) Sunlight hitting a convex piece of glass.
3. What sort of relationship does Betty have with her brother and sister?
(a) Betty is close to Jules, but not to Maureen.
(b) All three of them are very close.
(c) Betty is close to Maureen, but not to Jules.
(d) Betty isn't close to either of her siblings.
4. How does Loretta's family feel about Mrs. Wendall's placement in a nursing home?
(a) They are sorry to see her go.
(b) It relieves some of their stress.
(c) They feel guilty for being unable to care for her.
(d) They are angry at her because the nursing home is expensive.
5. When Pat comes home after witnessing Maureen's actions, what does he do?
(a) He beats Maureen severely.
(b) He calls the police.
(c) He packs Maureen's things and throws them onto the lawn.
(d) He talks to Loretta about Maureen's actions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rita?
2. What happens to Jules on one of the nights when he runs away?
3. Howard leaves Loretta and their children to go where?
4. Why is Mrs. Wendall placed in a nursing home?
5. To whom does Loretta go for help while Howard is gone?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jules reunite with Nadine?
2. How does Mrs. Wendall react to the barn fire?
3. Why does Maureen want to marry Jim?
4. What is the content of Maureen's letters?
5. What happens to Loretta after her building burns down during the riots?
6. What happens to Mrs. Wendall after Howard's death?
7. What do Jules and Nadine end up doing in Chapter 5 of the second book?
8. How does Loretta meet Howard?
9. What happens to Jules in Tulsa?
10. How does Jules' relationship with Nadine end?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)