|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Loretta do after Mrs. Wendall is gone?
(a) Gets a second job, to pay for the nursing home care.
(b) Rents Mrs. Wendall's room to a boarder.
(c) Quits her job to care for her children.
(d) Moves the family into a smaller apartment.
2. What does Jules struggle with after Howard's funeral?
(a) Jules now has to care for his mother and sisters.
(b) Jules needs a male role model.
(c) Jules feels guilty for not being more upset.
(d) Jules can't remember anything about his father.
3. What are Maureen's responsibilities on a daily basis?
(a) Cooking, housework, and her own schoolwork.
(b) Only her schoolwork.
(c) Going to work, because she does not attend school.
(d) Going to work and completing her schoolwork.
4. Who is Maureen?
(a) Loretta's older daughter.
(b) Howard's sister.
(c) Mrs. Wendall's niece.
(d) Brock's aunt.
5. What does Jules do when he finds Bernard?
(a) He calls the police and stays with Bernard until they come.
(b) He brings Bernard to his mother's house to stay with her.
(c) Returns the money Bernard had given him to Bernard's pocket and leaves.
(d) He calls Bernard's lawyer to come help him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what condition is Maureen at the beginning of the second book?
2. How does the barn fire start?
3. Who is Brock, in relation to Loretta?
4. Why does Jules steal a car?
5. What happens to Jules while he and Nadine are on the road?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Loretta think about her relationship with her children while she is in the shelter?
2. What are some of Maureen's responsibilities around the house after Loretta marries Pat?
3. What is the significance of the letters that Maureen writes?
4. What happens to Loretta and Bernie?
5. What happens the night that Jules runs away and Loretta is frantic to find him?
6. What is the relationship between Samson Wendall and Jules?
7. How does Jules seduce Nadine?
8. What does Jules tell Vera about love?
9. Who is helping Maureen to come out of her catatonia?
10. What happens to Maureen as a result of her method of earning income?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)