|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maureen feel about the loss of her notebook?
(a) She is proud of herself for keeping duplicates of all of her notes.
(b) She feels hopeless and doesn't know how to retrieve it.
(c) She is devastated by her own irresponsibility.
(d) She is furious at her sister's carelessness.
2. Why is Loretta arrested?
(b) Carrying a concealed weapon.
(c) Leaving her children unattended.
(d) Distributing narcotics.
3. What does Loretta discover when she visits her father after moving away?
(a) That he is missing.
(b) That he has been killed.
(c) That he has gotten remarried.
(d) That he has been institutionalized.
4. In what condition is Pat when he comes home at night?
(a) He comes home in a good mood many nights.
(b) He comes home exhausted and cranky from working late.
(c) He comes home late and drunk.
(d) He usually doesn't come home.
5. What relationship exists between Nadine and Bernard?
(a) Daughter and father.
(b) Sister and brother.
(c) Mother and son.
(d) Niece and uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what condition is Maureen at the beginning of the second book?
2. Where are Jules and Nadine at the end of Chapter 6 of the second book?
3. How does Maureen feel about her parents?
4. Why doesn't Maureen have a job?
5. What does Nadine know about why Bernard was killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Bernard?
2. What happens to Maureen after Howard's death?
3. What is Jules doing while Maureen is recovering?
4. What are some of Maureen's responsibilities around the house after Loretta marries Pat?
5. What is Maureen's situation at the beginning of the third book?
6. How does Jules seduce Nadine?
7. How does Maureen make money so she can leave her parents' house?
8. How does Loretta react when Maureen tells her about Jim?
9. Which of Jules's behaviors is particularly worrisome to Loretta?
10. What is happening to Maureen as she begins to come out of her catatonia?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)