|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mrs. Wendall living?
(a) With another relative.
(b) In a shelter.
(c) With Loretta and Howard.
(d) In a nursing home.
2. Who is Howard Wendall?
(a) A chef.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A lawyer.
3. Why is Pat in jail?
(a) For stealing money from work.
(b) For a bar fight.
(c) For beating Maureen so severely.
(d) For stealing a car.
4. What does Loretta do after Mrs. Wendall is gone?
(a) Gets a second job, to pay for the nursing home care.
(b) Moves the family into a smaller apartment.
(c) Quits her job to care for her children.
(d) Rents Mrs. Wendall's room to a boarder.
5. Where does Maureen hide the money she makes?
(a) In her jewelry box.
(b) In books in her room.
(c) Under her mattress.
(d) In her desk drawer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Jules and Nadine at the end of Chapter 6 of the second book?
2. What happens to Jules while he and Nadine are on the road?
3. What does Howard do for Loretta?
4. What does Pat see Maureen doing, in the last chapter of the first book?
5. How might Nadine's emotions be described?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which of Jules's behaviors is particularly worrisome to Loretta?
2. How does Jules get a rifle during the riot?
3. How does Loretta feel when she sees Jules on the news?
4. As a young adult, how does Maureen feel about her family?
5. How do Mort and Vera differ in their ideas about social change?
6. Why does Howard leave the farm in Chapter 6 of the first book?
7. What happens to Loretta after her building burns down during the riots?
8. How does Jules meet Bernard?
9. Why hasn't Maureen been able to get a job?
10. What has changed about Maureen as a result of her catatonia?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)