|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The third book begins in what year?
2. Why does Mort want to rid himself of his money?
(a) So he can concentrate on helping people.
(b) He didn't work for it.
(c) He wants to give it to charity.
(d) He got it dishonestly.
3. How does the second book end?
(a) Jules dies.
(b) Jules is permanently injured.
(c) Jules and Nadine get married.
(d) Nadine dies.
4. How do Maureen and Loretta feel about black people?
(a) They detest them.
(b) They think they are at the root of all the city's problems.
(c) They feel that they should have equality.
(d) They don't care, because they don't know any black people.
5. Jules tries to establish a career for himself in what field?
(a) Appliance sales.
(b) Automobile sales.
(c) Real estate.
6. What does Jules tell Vera about love?
(a) That he no longer believes it is real.
(b) That he once thought it was impossible to live without it.
(c) That he thinks it is impossible to live without it.
(d) That he wants it more than anything.
7. What is Jules trying to do in Chapter 7 of the second book?
(a) Make his way from Texas back to Michigan.
(b) Get from Michigan down to Texas.
(c) Get a job in Texas.
(d) Get a job in Michigan.
8. Why does Maureen want Jules to leave quickly when he visits?
(a) She is afraid of what her neighbors will think of Jules.
(b) She is afraid of Jules because she knows he is a murderer.
(c) She doesn't want Joe to come home and find Jules there.
(d) She doesn't want the police to come to her house to find Jules.
9. Why does Maureen want to get married?
(a) She wants to own her own home.
(b) She is in love.
(c) She wants to have children.
(d) She wants to be taken care of.
10. What happens to Jules as a result of his idea to make money?
(a) His vision is severely and permanently impaired.
(b) He contracts a serious infection.
(c) He contracts a sexually transmitted disease.
(d) He is killed.
11. Why does Jules avoid the gazes of the policemen on the streets?
(a) Out of habit.
(b) The person whose car he stole saw and recognized him.
(c) He is selling drugs for a living.
(d) He has a warrant for his arrest.
12. What does Jules's girlfriend want him to do?
(a) Have a child with her.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Move away from the city with her.
(d) Get a job.
13. How does Loretta's attitude change when she finds out that Jim is married?
(a) She pretends to be pleased, but is secretly disappointed in Maureen.
(b) She disapproves, but doesn't want to get involved.
(c) She calls Maureen a whore, and kicks her out.
(d) She admires Maureen for her courage.
14. Where do Jules and Nadine go after becoming reacquainted?
(a) To a restaurant.
(b) To a hotel.
(c) On vacation.
(d) To Texas.
15. After her marriage to Jim, why doesn't Maureen want any contact with her family?
(a) She doesn't want Joe to know how poor her family is.
(b) She wants the part of her life she associates with them to be over.
(c) Joe doesn't allow her to have any contact with them.
(d) She is afraid of becoming involved with their criminal activities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maureen want to do to Jim?
2. When Jules visits Maureen in Dearborn, he informs her that he is moving where?
3. Who offers Jules a ride while he is meandering the streets?
4. What is happening to Maureen during her recovery?
5. What is causing Jim to reevaluate his situation with his wife and family?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)