|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim encourage Maureen to do?
(a) Leave school and get a job.
(b) Become a model.
(c) Participate in after-class activities.
(d) Move to Las Vegas.
2. How does Mort feel about America?
(a) He is full of hope, despite the riots.
(b) He has lost hope and wants to leave.
(c) He is apathetic because he doesn't believe change is coming.
(d) He wants things to change, but doubts they will.
3. Loretta is determined to adopt an air of possessing what quality while at the shelter?
4. What does Loretta blame for the disconnect between herself and her children?
(a) She blames her children for not bonding with her more.
(b) She blames herself for not spending enough time with them.
(c) She thinks she had someone else's children.
(d) She blames the Negroes for giving them false ideals.
5. Who is Jim?
(a) Jules's best friend.
(b) Another of Maureen's professors.
(c) Loretta's new husband.
(d) Maureen's boss.
6. Where does Loretta see Jules when she gets out of the shelter?
(a) On television.
(b) In the grocery store.
(c) On the streetcorner.
(d) At his home.
7. Why does Loretta seek shelter at the YMCA?
(a) A firebomb burns down her building.
(b) Her husband left and she can't pay her rent.
(c) The friend she was staying with moved to another state.
(d) She lost her job and can't pay her rent.
8. Where does Jules think he may have found a promising career?
9. Who offers Jules a ride while he is meandering the streets?
(a) Mort and his friends.
(b) Some kids from Kentucky.
(d) Vera and Marcia.
10. To whom is Maureen writing in Chapter 8 of the second book?
(b) Mrs. Wendall.
(c) Miss Oates.
11. Who does Jules write to in Chapter 7 of the second book?
12. How long have Jim and his wife been married?
(a) Nine years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Five years.
13. Who does Jules murder?
(a) A journalist.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A protester.
(d) An African-American.
14. When Jules visits Maureen in Dearborn, he informs her that he is moving where?
(d) Los Angeles.
15. How do Jim and Maureen conduct their relationship?
(a) They date, but do not associate with one another in school.
(b) They try to keep it a secret, but fail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Jules bothers his girlfriend?
2. What is Jim's family life like?
3. What does Vera suggest for a radical display?
4. What is happening to Maureen during her recovery?
5. How does Vera feel about Jules?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)