|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jules murder?
(a) A policeman.
(b) An African-American.
(c) A journalist.
(d) A protester.
2. What is Maureen doing at the beginning of the third book?
(a) Writing a letter.
(b) Working at the library.
(c) Staring into her reflection in a mirror.
(d) Having a baby.
3. What is causing Jim to reevaluate his situation with his wife and family?
(a) A near-death experience.
(b) Losing his job.
(d) His wife's infidelity.
4. Upon whom is Maureen's character based?
(a) One of the author's students.
(b) One of the author's family members.
(c) A character in a movie.
(d) A character in another book.
5. What does Loretta steal during the riots?
(a) A car.
(b) A gun.
(c) A television.
6. What does Maureen want to do to Jim?
(a) Ensure that he goes to jail for a crime he committed.
(b) Destroy his financial situation.
(c) Break up his family and marry him herself.
(d) Ruin his career so that she has less job competition.
7. What does Vera suggest for a radical display?
(a) A hunger strike.
(b) A protest in front of the city hall.
(c) A large fire.
(d) An attack on the police force.
8. How does Mort feel about America?
(a) He is full of hope, despite the riots.
(b) He is apathetic because he doesn't believe change is coming.
(c) He has lost hope and wants to leave.
(d) He wants things to change, but doubts they will.
9. Who is Mort?
(a) Maureen's lover.
(b) Jules's friend.
(c) The leader of a socialist group.
(d) Loretta's new husband.
10. Where does Loretta see Jules when she gets out of the shelter?
(a) At his home.
(b) On television.
(c) On the streetcorner.
(d) In the grocery store.
11. How does Vera feel about Jules?
(a) She wants a more personal relationship with him.
(b) She wants him to get a job and take care of her.
(c) She hates him, and wants to get away from him.
(d) She is grateful to him for supporting her.
12. How does Nadine feel about Jules when they reunite?
(a) She loves him, but is confused.
(b) She wants him because she is bored and lonely.
(c) She is simply using him.
(d) She loves him and wants to leave her husband to be with him.
13. Where does Maureen write her letters?
(b) At work.
(c) At home.
(d) At the library.
14. Jules breaks the windows to what type of business?
(a) A florist.
(b) A clothing store.
(c) A barber.
(d) A bank.
15. At the novel's end, why is Jules moving?
(a) To continue his work with Mort.
(b) To get away from his family.
(c) To start a new life with Nadine.
(d) To avoid the police pursuing him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Jules and Nadine go after becoming reacquainted?
2. What does Samson do for Jules?
3. What does Maureen write about in her letters?
4. Where do Jules and Loretta go every week, in Chapter 10 of the second book?
5. What is Jules trying to do in Chapter 7 of the second book?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)