|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Jules and Nadine go after becoming reacquainted?
(a) On vacation.
(b) To Texas.
(c) To a restaurant.
(d) To a hotel.
2. Where does Jules think he may have found a promising career?
3. Where does Maureen live, at the beginning of the third book?
(a) On her own.
(b) With her boyfriend.
(c) With Loretta.
(d) With Jules.
4. Who is Vera?
(a) Maureen's friend.
(b) One of Mort's proteges.
(c) Mort's sister.
(d) Loretta's youngest daughter.
5. The third book begins in what year?
6. What is Jules trying to do in Chapter 7 of the second book?
(a) Get from Michigan down to Texas.
(b) Get a job in Texas.
(c) Get a job in Michigan.
(d) Make his way from Texas back to Michigan.
7. What is Maureen doing at the beginning of the third book?
(a) Working at the library.
(b) Writing a letter.
(c) Having a baby.
(d) Staring into her reflection in a mirror.
8. When Maureen's recovery begins, how long has she been in her catatonic state?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two months.
(c) A year.
(d) Eighteen months.
9. Jules tries to establish a career for himself in what field?
(b) Appliance sales.
(c) Automobile sales.
(d) Real estate.
10. How does Jules feel about Nadine when they reunite?
(a) He is still in love with her.
(b) He doesn't have any deep feelings for her.
(c) He is interested in her because she is a challenge.
(d) He stays with her because he is lonely.
11. What does Jules end up doing for money in Chapter 7 of the second book?
(a) Selling his coin collection.
(b) Prostituting himself.
(c) Participating in a medical experiment.
(d) Selling his blood.
12. Who does Jules encounter after breaking the windows?
(a) The boy who gave him the rifle.
(b) A woman he recognizes from the newspaper.
(c) A policeman who had shot at him.
(d) A news reporter.
13. Why does Loretta seek shelter at the YMCA?
(a) She lost her job and can't pay her rent.
(b) Her husband left and she can't pay her rent.
(c) A firebomb burns down her building.
(d) The friend she was staying with moved to another state.
14. Why does Jules get out of the car that he had ridden in?
(a) The car catches fire.
(b) The driver tries to kidnap him.
(c) It crashes into a building.
(d) The streets are too full of people to drive through.
15. Who does Jules murder?
(a) An African-American.
(b) A journalist.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A protester.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Maureen write her letters?
2. At the novel's end, why is Jules moving?
3. To whom is Maureen writing in Chapter 8 of the second book?
4. What happens to Jules as a result of his idea to make money?
5. What is Jim's family life like?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)