|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maureen do at the University of Detroit?
(a) Works as a secretary.
(b) Works as a janitor.
(c) Tutors high school students.
(d) Attends night school.
2. Who does Jules write to in Chapter 7 of the second book?
3. Where does Jules see Nadine again, after their long separation following the ill-fated road trip?
(a) At the bank.
(b) Shopping for groceries.
(c) At work.
(d) At a restaurant.
4. What does Jules's girlfriend want him to do?
(a) Move away from the city with her.
(b) Have a child with her.
(c) Get a job.
(d) Marry her.
5. How does Nadine feel about Jules when they reunite?
(a) She wants him because she is bored and lonely.
(b) She loves him, but is confused.
(c) She is simply using him.
(d) She loves him and wants to leave her husband to be with him.
6. What is Jim's family life like?
(a) He is single and has no children.
(b) He is married, but has no children.
(c) He is married, and has children.
(d) He is not married, but has children.
7. What has the visitor been doing for Maureen?
(a) Helping to bring her out of her catatonic state.
(b) Loaning her money to get her out of her parents' house.
(c) Trying to help her find a job.
(d) Tutoring her in her college work.
8. What does Loretta steal during the riots?
(b) A television.
(c) A car.
(d) A gun.
9. How does Loretta initially react when Maureen tells her of her plans to marry Jim?
(a) She is apathetic.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is jealous.
(d) She is pleased.
10. With whom is Jules living in Chapter 6 of the third book?
(b) Marcia and her son Tommy.
11. Who is Jim?
(a) Loretta's new husband.
(b) Jules's best friend.
(c) Another of Maureen's professors.
(d) Maureen's boss.
12. What does Jim encourage Maureen to do?
(a) Participate in after-class activities.
(b) Move to Las Vegas.
(c) Leave school and get a job.
(d) Become a model.
13. What is Nadine's situation when Jules sees her again?
(a) She is married.
(b) She is dating someone.
(c) She is single.
(d) She is engaged.
14. Where does Jules think he may have found a promising career?
15. How do Jim and Maureen conduct their relationship?
(a) They date, but do not associate with one another in school.
(d) They try to keep it a secret, but fail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is being broadcast on television when Maureen visits Loretta at her apartment?
2. At the novel's end, why is Jules moving?
3. In what way has Maureen changed since the beginning of the novel?
4. Why does Maureen want to get married?
5. Why does Jules avoid the gazes of the policemen on the streets?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)