|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Maureen and Loretta feel about black people?
(a) They think they are at the root of all the city's problems.
(b) They detest them.
(c) They don't care, because they don't know any black people.
(d) They feel that they should have equality.
2. How do Jim and Maureen conduct their relationship?
(a) They try to keep it a secret, but fail.
(b) They date, but do not associate with one another in school.
3. Jules breaks the windows to what type of business?
(a) A bank.
(b) A barber.
(c) A clothing store.
(d) A florist.
4. What does Maureen want to do to Jim?
(a) Destroy his financial situation.
(b) Ensure that he goes to jail for a crime he committed.
(c) Ruin his career so that she has less job competition.
(d) Break up his family and marry him herself.
5. To whom is Maureen writing in Chapter 8 of the second book?
(a) Miss Oates.
(d) Mrs. Wendall.
6. Why does Jim find himself attracted to Maureen?
(a) She is more attractive than his wife.
(b) She is from a different social class.
(c) He craves something new.
(d) She is young.
7. What does Jim encourage Maureen to do?
(a) Participate in after-class activities.
(b) Become a model.
(c) Move to Las Vegas.
(d) Leave school and get a job.
8. Why does Maureen want Jules to leave quickly when he visits?
(a) She is afraid of Jules because she knows he is a murderer.
(b) She is afraid of what her neighbors will think of Jules.
(c) She doesn't want the police to come to her house to find Jules.
(d) She doesn't want Joe to come home and find Jules there.
9. What is Maureen doing at the beginning of the third book?
(a) Staring into her reflection in a mirror.
(b) Writing a letter.
(c) Working at the library.
(d) Having a baby.
10. What is Nadine's situation when Jules sees her again?
(a) She is engaged.
(b) She is single.
(c) She is married.
(d) She is dating someone.
11. Where does Maureen live, at the beginning of the third book?
(a) With her boyfriend.
(b) On her own.
(c) With Jules.
(d) With Loretta.
12. Who is Mort?
(a) Maureen's lover.
(b) Loretta's new husband.
(c) The leader of a socialist group.
(d) Jules's friend.
13. Who does Jules murder?
(a) A protester.
(b) A policeman.
(c) An African-American.
(d) A journalist.
14. What is the topic of Jules's interview with the news reporter?
(a) The necessity of the fires.
(b) His murder of a police officer.
(c) His mother's homelessness due to the riots.
(d) The righteousness of his party's cause.
15. Why does Jules get out of the car that he had ridden in?
(a) It crashes into a building.
(b) The streets are too full of people to drive through.
(c) The car catches fire.
(d) The driver tries to kidnap him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vera suggest for a radical display?
2. What is Jim's family life like?
3. What does Maureen do at the University of Detroit?
4. Upon whom is Maureen's character based?
5. What does Jules encourage Maureen to do when he visits her in Dearborn?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)