|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long have Jim and his wife been married?
(a) Nine years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Six months.
2. What is happening to Maureen during her recovery?
(a) She is having difficulty learning how to do simple things.
(b) She is slowly going blind.
(c) She is having flashbacks of the night she was beaten.
(d) She is forgetting much of her past.
3. Where does Jules see Nadine again, after their long separation following the ill-fated road trip?
(a) At a restaurant.
(b) At work.
(c) Shopping for groceries.
(d) At the bank.
4. What is Maureen beginning to be able to do in Chapter 7 of the second book?
(a) She can walk and feed herself.
(b) She is fully recovered.
(c) She can read and write again.
(d) She can hear the voices and sounds in the house.
5. How does Nadine feel about Jules when they reunite?
(a) She is simply using him.
(b) She wants him because she is bored and lonely.
(c) She loves him and wants to leave her husband to be with him.
(d) She loves him, but is confused.
6. What does Jules tell Vera about love?
(a) That he thinks it is impossible to live without it.
(b) That he wants it more than anything.
(c) That he once thought it was impossible to live without it.
(d) That he no longer believes it is real.
7. What is Jules trying to do in Chapter 7 of the second book?
(a) Get from Michigan down to Texas.
(b) Get a job in Texas.
(c) Make his way from Texas back to Michigan.
(d) Get a job in Michigan.
8. How do Jim and Maureen conduct their relationship?
(a) They date, but do not associate with one another in school.
(b) They try to keep it a secret, but fail.
9. What does Jules end up doing for money in Chapter 7 of the second book?
(a) Prostituting himself.
(b) Selling his coin collection.
(c) Participating in a medical experiment.
(d) Selling his blood.
10. Why does Mort want to rid himself of his money?
(a) He wants to give it to charity.
(b) He got it dishonestly.
(c) He didn't work for it.
(d) So he can concentrate on helping people.
11. What is Nadine's situation when Jules sees her again?
(a) She is engaged.
(b) She is dating someone.
(c) She is married.
(d) She is single.
12. What does Maureen do at the University of Detroit?
(a) Tutors high school students.
(b) Works as a secretary.
(c) Attends night school.
(d) Works as a janitor.
13. To what does Jules compare himself in Chapter 7 of the third book?
(a) A weed growing through the cracks in the sidewalk.
(b) A flower that is past its prime.
(c) A radio that can only play static.
(d) A toy that has run out of batteries.
14. Where does Jules think he may have found a promising career?
15. How do Maureen and Loretta feel about black people?
(a) They detest them.
(b) They don't care, because they don't know any black people.
(c) They feel that they should have equality.
(d) They think they are at the root of all the city's problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mort feel about America?
2. When Jules visits Maureen in Dearborn, he informs her that he is moving where?
3. What does Jules's girlfriend want him to do?
4. Who is Vera?
5. Who does Jules encounter after breaking the windows?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)