|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Jules and Nadine go after becoming reacquainted?
(a) On vacation.
(b) To a hotel.
(c) To a restaurant.
(d) To Texas.
2. What does Jules encourage Maureen to do when he visits her in Dearborn?
(a) To contact Loretta, or send her some money.
(b) To leave town with him.
(c) To get involved with his party's activities.
(d) To leave Joe and move back in with Loretta.
3. Why does Maureen want Jules to leave quickly when he visits?
(a) She is afraid of what her neighbors will think of Jules.
(b) She doesn't want the police to come to her house to find Jules.
(c) She is afraid of Jules because she knows he is a murderer.
(d) She doesn't want Joe to come home and find Jules there.
4. What prevents Nadine from committing fully to a relationship with Jules?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her job.
(c) Her marriage.
(d) Her parents.
5. With whom is Jules living in Chapter 6 of the third book?
(c) Marcia and her son Tommy.
6. Who does Maureen want to marry?
7. When Jules visits Maureen in Dearborn, he informs her that he is moving where?
(b) Los Angeles.
8. How much time has passed between Maureen's year of catatonia, and the present time in Chapter 8 of the second book?
(a) Several weeks.
(b) Many years.
(c) A few months.
(d) Several years.
9. Why did Jim marry, and stay married?
(a) Financial security.
(b) Ordinary reasons.
(c) His children.
10. Who does Jules murder?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A protester.
(c) An African-American.
(d) A journalist.
11. How do Jim and Maureen conduct their relationship?
(c) They date, but do not associate with one another in school.
(d) They try to keep it a secret, but fail.
12. What does Vera suggest for a radical display?
(a) An attack on the police force.
(b) A hunger strike.
(c) A large fire.
(d) A protest in front of the city hall.
13. To what does Jules compare himself in Chapter 7 of the third book?
(a) A weed growing through the cracks in the sidewalk.
(b) A radio that can only play static.
(c) A toy that has run out of batteries.
(d) A flower that is past its prime.
14. Why does Maureen want to get married?
(a) She wants to own her own home.
(b) She wants to have children.
(c) She is in love.
(d) She wants to be taken care of.
15. Who gives Jules a rifle on the street?
(a) A woman who is running away from the riots.
(b) A man who wants Jules to fight with him.
(c) A young African-American boy who has been shot.
(d) A policeman who wants all the help he can get.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jules end up doing for money in Chapter 7 of the second book?
2. What is the topic of Jules's interview with the news reporter?
3. Which character is central in Chapter 7 of the second book?
4. Where does Jules think he may have found a promising career?
5. How does Jules feel about himself after his near-death experience?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)