|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maureen write about in her letters?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) What her future plans are.
(c) How she has pieced her life back together after her catatonia.
(d) What her night classes have meant to her.
2. What is Maureen beginning to be able to do in Chapter 7 of the second book?
(a) She can read and write again.
(b) She can hear the voices and sounds in the house.
(c) She is fully recovered.
(d) She can walk and feed herself.
3. Why did Jim marry, and stay married?
(b) His children.
(c) Financial security.
(d) Ordinary reasons.
4. What does Samson do for Jules?
(a) Buys him a car.
(b) Helps him get Nadine back.
(c) Loans him money.
(d) Gives him a job.
5. Jules breaks the windows to what type of business?
(a) A clothing store.
(b) A bank.
(c) A florist.
(d) A barber.
6. Where does Loretta see Jules when she gets out of the shelter?
(a) At his home.
(b) On television.
(c) In the grocery store.
(d) On the streetcorner.
7. To what does Jules compare himself in Chapter 7 of the third book?
(a) A toy that has run out of batteries.
(b) A radio that can only play static.
(c) A flower that is past its prime.
(d) A weed growing through the cracks in the sidewalk.
8. What is Jim's family life like?
(a) He is not married, but has children.
(b) He is married, but has no children.
(c) He is single and has no children.
(d) He is married, and has children.
9. What does Maureen want to do to Jim?
(a) Break up his family and marry him herself.
(b) Destroy his financial situation.
(c) Ruin his career so that she has less job competition.
(d) Ensure that he goes to jail for a crime he committed.
10. How is Jules making money in Chapter 6 of the third book?
(a) He sells used cars that break down soon after they are purchased.
(b) He takes it from Marcia, and puts Vera to work as a hooker.
(c) He sells useless gadgets and broken tools.
(d) He steals cars and mugs people on the streets.
11. How much time has passed between Maureen's year of catatonia, and the present time in Chapter 8 of the second book?
(a) Many years.
(b) Several years.
(c) A few months.
(d) Several weeks.
12. What does Vera suggest for a radical display?
(a) An attack on the police force.
(b) A hunger strike.
(c) A large fire.
(d) A protest in front of the city hall.
13. Who does Jules encounter after breaking the windows?
(a) A news reporter.
(b) A policeman who had shot at him.
(c) A woman he recognizes from the newspaper.
(d) The boy who gave him the rifle.
14. How do Jim and Maureen conduct their relationship?
(a) They date, but do not associate with one another in school.
(d) They try to keep it a secret, but fail.
15. Who is Miss Oates?
(a) Jules's girlfriend.
(b) Maureen's professor.
(c) Betty's teacher.
(d) Loretta's coworker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening to Maureen during her recovery?
2. When Jules visits Maureen in Dearborn, he informs her that he is moving where?
3. Who is Vera?
4. Why does Jules get out of the car that he had ridden in?
5. What year is it in Chapter 8 of the second book?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)