|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim encourage Maureen to do?
(a) Move to Las Vegas.
(b) Become a model.
(c) Participate in after-class activities.
(d) Leave school and get a job.
2. Who gives Jules a rifle on the street?
(a) A young African-American boy who has been shot.
(b) A man who wants Jules to fight with him.
(c) A policeman who wants all the help he can get.
(d) A woman who is running away from the riots.
3. How is Jules making money in Chapter 6 of the third book?
(a) He sells useless gadgets and broken tools.
(b) He sells used cars that break down soon after they are purchased.
(c) He steals cars and mugs people on the streets.
(d) He takes it from Marcia, and puts Vera to work as a hooker.
4. How does the second book end?
(a) Jules and Nadine get married.
(b) Jules is permanently injured.
(c) Jules dies.
(d) Nadine dies.
5. How does Loretta's attitude change when she finds out that Jim is married?
(a) She disapproves, but doesn't want to get involved.
(b) She pretends to be pleased, but is secretly disappointed in Maureen.
(c) She admires Maureen for her courage.
(d) She calls Maureen a whore, and kicks her out.
6. To whom is Maureen writing in Chapter 8 of the second book?
(a) Miss Oates.
(d) Mrs. Wendall.
7. Jules breaks the windows to what type of business?
(a) A barber.
(b) A florist.
(c) A clothing store.
(d) A bank.
8. How long have Jim and his wife been married?
(a) Nine years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Five years.
9. What is Maureen beginning to be able to do in Chapter 7 of the second book?
(a) She can walk and feed herself.
(b) She is fully recovered.
(c) She can hear the voices and sounds in the house.
(d) She can read and write again.
10. Loretta is determined to adopt an air of possessing what quality while at the shelter?
11. After her marriage to Jim, why doesn't Maureen want any contact with her family?
(a) She is afraid of becoming involved with their criminal activities.
(b) Joe doesn't allow her to have any contact with them.
(c) She wants the part of her life she associates with them to be over.
(d) She doesn't want Joe to know how poor her family is.
12. Who is Samson Wendall, in relation to Jules?
(a) Jules's nephew.
(b) Jules's half-brother.
(c) Jules's uncle.
(d) Jules's grandfather.
13. Why does Loretta seek shelter at the YMCA?
(a) Her husband left and she can't pay her rent.
(b) The friend she was staying with moved to another state.
(c) A firebomb burns down her building.
(d) She lost her job and can't pay her rent.
14. Upon whom is Maureen's character based?
(a) A character in another book.
(b) One of the author's students.
(c) One of the author's family members.
(d) A character in a movie.
15. How does Vera feel about Jules?
(a) She wants a more personal relationship with him.
(b) She wants him to get a job and take care of her.
(c) She is grateful to him for supporting her.
(d) She hates him, and wants to get away from him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Jules and Nadine go after becoming reacquainted?
2. What happens as Nadine and Jules are walking together and making plans to meet again?
3. Who is Mort?
4. What about Jules bothers his girlfriend?
5. Why does Jules get out of the car that he had ridden in?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)