|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nadine feel about Jules when they reunite?
(a) She loves him and wants to leave her husband to be with him.
(b) She wants him because she is bored and lonely.
(c) She loves him, but is confused.
(d) She is simply using him.
2. What is the topic of Jules's interview with the news reporter?
(a) His murder of a police officer.
(b) The righteousness of his party's cause.
(c) The necessity of the fires.
(d) His mother's homelessness due to the riots.
3. What does Jules encourage Maureen to do when he visits her in Dearborn?
(a) To contact Loretta, or send her some money.
(b) To leave Joe and move back in with Loretta.
(c) To get involved with his party's activities.
(d) To leave town with him.
4. How do Maureen and Loretta feel about black people?
(a) They don't care, because they don't know any black people.
(b) They think they are at the root of all the city's problems.
(c) They detest them.
(d) They feel that they should have equality.
5. Where does Maureen write her letters?
(b) At work.
(c) At the library.
(d) At home.
6. Why does Maureen want to get married?
(a) She wants to have children.
(b) She wants to own her own home.
(c) She wants to be taken care of.
(d) She is in love.
7. What prevents Nadine from committing fully to a relationship with Jules?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her parents.
(c) Her job.
(d) Her marriage.
8. What is Nadine's situation when Jules sees her again?
(a) She is single.
(b) She is married.
(c) She is dating someone.
(d) She is engaged.
9. How does Mort feel about America?
(a) He has lost hope and wants to leave.
(b) He is apathetic because he doesn't believe change is coming.
(c) He wants things to change, but doubts they will.
(d) He is full of hope, despite the riots.
10. Where does Jules think he may have found a promising career?
11. Which character is central in Chapter 7 of the second book?
12. Who does Jules write to in Chapter 7 of the second book?
13. With whom is Jules living in Chapter 6 of the third book?
(b) Marcia and her son Tommy.
14. What does Jim encourage Maureen to do?
(a) Leave school and get a job.
(b) Participate in after-class activities.
(c) Move to Las Vegas.
(d) Become a model.
15. What is causing Jim to reevaluate his situation with his wife and family?
(a) A near-death experience.
(b) His wife's infidelity.
(c) Losing his job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jules end up doing for money in Chapter 7 of the second book?
2. The third book begins in what year?
3. How does Jules feel about Nadine when they reunite?
4. What is Jim's family life like?
5. Why does Jules get out of the car that he had ridden in?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)