1. In what city does most of the novel take place?
2. During what years does the novel take place?
1937 to 1967.
3. Who is the first major character to be introduced?
4. How old is Loretta at the beginning of the novel?
5. What are the rumors circulating about Loretta at the beginning of the novel?
She associates herself with the wrong kind of boys.
6. Who is Brock, in relation to Loretta?
7. Who is Bernie Malin?
A boy Loretta has been seeing.
8. What happens to Bernie?
He is shot and killed.
This section contains 5,339 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)