Short Answer Key
Children of Silence, Chapters 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
1. In what city does most of the novel take place?
2. During what years does the novel take place?
1937 to 1967.
3. Who is the first major character to be introduced?
4. How old is Loretta at the beginning of the novel?
5. What are the rumors circulating about Loretta at the beginning of the novel?
She associates herself with the wrong kind of boys.
6. Who is Brock, in relation to Loretta?
7. Who is Bernie Malin?
A boy Loretta has been seeing.
8. What happens to Bernie?
He is shot and killed.
9. Who is Howard Wendall?
A police officer.
10. What does Howard do for Loretta?
He helps her cover up Bernie's murder.
11. What is Loretta forced to do as payment for Howard's help?
She has to...
This section contains 2,547 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)