|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Come My Soul, That Hath Long Languished, Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Faye take Jules home when she meets him?
(a) He is lightheaded from lack of food and sleep.
(b) She wants to rob him.
(c) He is shivering in the rain.
(d) She is attracted to him.
2. What is Jules trying to do in Chapter 7 of the second book?
(a) Get a job in Texas.
(b) Get from Michigan down to Texas.
(c) Make his way from Texas back to Michigan.
(d) Get a job in Michigan.
3. Why is Pat in jail?
(a) For a bar fight.
(b) For stealing money from work.
(c) For stealing a car.
(d) For beating Maureen so severely.
4. Why did Jim marry, and stay married?
(b) His children.
(c) Financial security.
(d) Ordinary reasons.
5. What does Maureen want to do to Jim?
(a) Ensure that he goes to jail for a crime he committed.
(b) Ruin his career so that she has less job competition.
(c) Destroy his financial situation.
(d) Break up his family and marry him herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Bernie?
2. When Jules visits Maureen in Dearborn, he informs her that he is moving where?
3. Why does Mort want to rid himself of his money?
4. How do Maureen and Loretta feel about black people?
5. What year is it in Children of Silence, Chapter 9?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)