|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through To Whose Country Have I Come? Chapters 10, 11, 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Maureen's responsibilities on a daily basis?
(a) Only her schoolwork.
(b) Going to work and completing her schoolwork.
(c) Cooking, housework, and her own schoolwork.
(d) Going to work, because she does not attend school.
2. Who is Jim?
(a) Loretta's new husband.
(b) Another of Maureen's professors.
(c) Maureen's boss.
(d) Jules's best friend.
3. How does Maureen decide to make money?
(a) She turns to prostitution.
(b) She sells her grandmother's medication.
(c) She tutors her classmates.
(d) She sells her collection of porcelain dolls.
4. How does Loretta feel about Mrs. Wendall?
(a) She is grateful to have her around to help with the children.
(b) She is jealous of Mrs. Wendall's relationship with Howard.
(c) She hates her meddling, overbearing attitude.
(d) She is glad to have her as company.
5. What type of child is Betty?
(a) Helpful and cooperative around the house.
(b) A child of the streets at an early age.
(c) Cheerful and loving.
(d) Independent and responsible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon whom is Maureen's character based?
2. Who is Pat Furlong?
3. What does Maureen write about in her letters?
4. What relationship exists between Nadine and Bernard?
5. How does Loretta's family feel about Mrs. Wendall's placement in a nursing home?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)