|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through To Whose Country Have I Come? Chapters 1, 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Loretta go for help while Howard is gone?
(d) Her father.
2. In what city does most of the novel take place?
3. Who is Pat Furlong?
(a) Howard's former employer.
(b) A police officer investigating Howard's death.
(c) Loretta's new husband.
(d) A reverend at the local church.
4. Why is Jules almost killed in Children of Silence, Chapter 9?
(a) His father beats him severely.
(b) He is mugged walking home from work.
(c) He ponders robbing a store and is shot at by a police officer.
(d) He gets very ill from a drug overdose.
5. Why is Loretta arrested?
(b) Distributing narcotics.
(c) Leaving her children unattended.
(d) Carrying a concealed weapon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is it in Children of Silence, Chapter 9?
2. Where does Loretta rent a room?
3. Why does Maureen enjoy the library so much?
4. Why does Bernard give Jules three hundred dollars?
5. How old is Loretta at the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)