|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through To Whose Country Have I Come? Chapters 1, 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of a child is Jules?
(a) Boisterous and obnoxious.
(b) Delightful and adventurous.
(c) Quiet and introspective.
(d) Defiant and disrespectful.
2. What happens to Jules at school?
(a) He falls in love with a nun.
(b) He is paddled by a teacher.
(c) He is suspended for starting a fight.
(d) He is beaten up for trying to steal someone's lunch.
3. Who is Betty?
(a) Maureen's cousin.
(b) Loretta's friend.
(c) Loretta's younger daughter.
(d) Howard's sister.
4. Where does Mrs. Wendall live after Howard's death?
(a) She continues to live with Loretta and her new husband.
(b) She goes to a funeral home.
(c) She goes to live with a relative in the country.
(d) She goes to live with one of her other children.
5. What does Jules dream of when looking at maps and books?
(a) Becoming a pirate.
(b) Joining the circus.
(c) Staying in Detroit to help his mother.
(d) Getting away from Detroit one day.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Wendall react to the barn fire?
2. How old is Loretta at the beginning of the novel?
3. Why does Bernard give Jules three hundred dollars?
4. How does Loretta make money to support herself and her children?
5. Why is the person Loretta goes to unable to help her?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)