|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Children of Silence, Chapters 14, 15, 16 and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jules struggle with after Howard's funeral?
(a) Jules can't remember anything about his father.
(b) Jules feels guilty for not being more upset.
(c) Jules now has to care for his mother and sisters.
(d) Jules needs a male role model.
2. What happens to Jules on one of the nights when he runs away?
(a) He is hit by a car.
(b) He is kidnapped.
(c) He gets lost in a burning building.
(d) He witnesses the aftermath of a plane crash.
3. Why is Loretta arrested?
(a) Leaving her children unattended.
(c) Carrying a concealed weapon.
(d) Distributing narcotics.
4. How does Loretta feel about Mrs. Wendall?
(a) She hates her meddling, overbearing attitude.
(b) She is jealous of Mrs. Wendall's relationship with Howard.
(c) She is glad to have her as company.
(d) She is grateful to have her around to help with the children.
5. Why is Mrs. Wendall placed in a nursing home?
(a) Mrs. Wendall no longer wants to live with Loretta and her children.
(b) The family can't afford to feed her.
(c) Her deteriorating health.
(d) The family is forced to move into a smaller home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the children react to Howard's death?
2. How does Maureen feel about her method of earning an income?
3. During what years does the novel take place?
4. How is Howard killed?
5. Howard leaves Loretta and their children to go where?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)