|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Children of Silence, Chapters 11, 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Maureen's method of escape?
(a) Going to the library.
(b) Going to the movies.
(c) Drugs and alcohol.
(d) Running away repeatedly.
2. How does Loretta make money to support herself and her children?
(a) She waits tables at a local diner.
(b) She sells drugs.
(c) She becomes a prostitute.
(d) She sings at a local nightclub.
3. How old is Loretta at the beginning of the novel?
4. Where does Loretta rent a room?
(a) Over a funeral parlor.
(b) Next to a police station.
(c) Behind a general store.
(d) Over a flower shop.
5. How does Loretta feel about Mrs. Wendall?
(a) She is grateful to have her around to help with the children.
(b) She hates her meddling, overbearing attitude.
(c) She is jealous of Mrs. Wendall's relationship with Howard.
(d) She is glad to have her as company.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jules dream of when looking at maps and books?
2. Who is Maureen?
3. During what years does the novel take place?
4. Why is Loretta arrested?
5. How do the children react to Howard's death?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)