|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Children of Silence, Chapters 11, 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Jules on one of the nights when he runs away?
(a) He is hit by a car.
(b) He witnesses the aftermath of a plane crash.
(c) He is kidnapped.
(d) He gets lost in a burning building.
2. Where does Mrs. Wendall live after Howard's death?
(a) She continues to live with Loretta and her new husband.
(b) She goes to live with one of her other children.
(c) She goes to live with a relative in the country.
(d) She goes to a funeral home.
3. In what city does most of the novel take place?
4. Who is Betty?
(a) Loretta's younger daughter.
(b) Loretta's friend.
(c) Maureen's cousin.
(d) Howard's sister.
5. Why do Jules, Maureen, and Betty fail to bond with their parents?
(a) Loretta never wanted to have children.
(b) Their pervasive financial problems don't leave much time for bonding.
(c) Loretta blames her children for her financial problems.
(d) Loretta's children blame her for the abuse they suffered at the hands of Mrs. Wendall.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Loretta feel about Mrs. Wendall?
2. What does Jules struggle with after Howard's funeral?
3. What is Maureen's method of escape?
4. To whom does Loretta go for help while Howard is gone?
5. How does Maureen feel about her parents?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)