|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Children of Silence, Chapters 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Loretta go with her children while Howard is gone?
(a) Back to Detroit.
(b) To Texas, to start a new life.
(c) Nowhere; she stays with Mrs. Wendall.
(d) Overseas to be with Howard.
2. What does Jules dream of when looking at maps and books?
(a) Staying in Detroit to help his mother.
(b) Joining the circus.
(c) Getting away from Detroit one day.
(d) Becoming a pirate.
3. Who is the first major character to be introduced?
4. During what years does the novel take place?
(a) 1937 to 1967.
(b) 1967 to 1987.
(c) 1917 to 1937.
(d) 1957 to 1977.
5. Who is Howard Wendall?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A chef.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A police officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Bernie?
2. Who is Betty?
3. Howard leaves Loretta and their children to go where?
4. Why is Loretta arrested?
5. What are the rumors circulating about Loretta at the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)