|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Children of Silence, Chapters 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Howard do for Loretta?
(a) He gives her medication to sell.
(b) He loans her money to get out of town.
(c) He gives her a job at his restaurant.
(d) He helps her cover up Bernie's murder.
2. Why is Howard fired from his job?
(a) Chronic tardiness.
(b) Corrupt behavior.
(c) The company was sold.
(d) Poor attendance.
3. What are the rumors circulating about Loretta at the beginning of the novel?
(a) She associates herself with the wrong kind of boys.
(b) She is an alcoholic.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) Her father has been arrested.
4. During what years does the novel take place?
(a) 1967 to 1987.
(b) 1957 to 1977.
(c) 1917 to 1937.
(d) 1937 to 1967.
5. How does Loretta make money to support herself and her children?
(a) She sings at a local nightclub.
(b) She sells drugs.
(c) She waits tables at a local diner.
(d) She becomes a prostitute.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Jules on one of the nights when he runs away?
2. What happens to Bernie?
3. How does the barn fire start?
4. What kind of a child is Jules?
5. Who is Rita?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)