|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Come My Soul, That Hath Long Languished, Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the barn fire start?
(a) Embers from a campfire.
(b) A cigarette butt that isn't extinguished.
(c) A magic trick gone awry.
(d) Sunlight hitting a convex piece of glass.
2. Who cooks and waits up for Pat every night?
(c) No one.
3. What does Jules struggle with after Howard's funeral?
(a) Jules now has to care for his mother and sisters.
(b) Jules can't remember anything about his father.
(c) Jules needs a male role model.
(d) Jules feels guilty for not being more upset.
4. What are Maureen's responsibilities on a daily basis?
(a) Cooking, housework, and her own schoolwork.
(b) Going to work and completing her schoolwork.
(c) Only her schoolwork.
(d) Going to work, because she does not attend school.
5. Who is Miss Oates?
(a) Loretta's coworker.
(b) Jules's girlfriend.
(c) Maureen's professor.
(d) Betty's teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Loretta's family feel about Mrs. Wendall's placement in a nursing home?
2. What is happening to Maureen during her recovery?
3. What sort of relationship does Betty have with her brother and sister?
4. Who burns down the barn?
5. Who is Samson Wendall, in relation to Jules?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)