|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Children of Silence, Chapters 11, 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the rumors circulating about Loretta at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Her father has been arrested.
(b) She associates herself with the wrong kind of boys.
(c) She is an alcoholic.
(d) She is pregnant.
2. Who is Jules?
(a) Brock's brother.
(b) Loretta's oldest son.
(c) Howard's brother.
(d) Loretta's nephew.
3. Why do Jules, Maureen, and Betty fail to bond with their parents?
(a) Loretta never wanted to have children.
(b) Loretta blames her children for her financial problems.
(c) Loretta's children blame her for the abuse they suffered at the hands of Mrs. Wendall.
(d) Their pervasive financial problems don't leave much time for bonding.
4. What does Jules struggle with after Howard's funeral?
(a) Jules feels guilty for not being more upset.
(b) Jules now has to care for his mother and sisters.
(c) Jules needs a male role model.
(d) Jules can't remember anything about his father.
5. Who is Betty?
(a) Loretta's younger daughter.
(b) Loretta's friend.
(c) Maureen's cousin.
(d) Howard's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jules almost killed in Children of Silence, Chapter 9?
2. Who burns down the barn?
3. What does Mrs. Wendall say about Jules's future?
4. Who is Bernie Malin?
5. In what city does most of the novel take place?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)