|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through To Whose Country Have I Come? Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of school do Loretta's children attend?
(a) A Catholic school.
(b) An inner-city public school.
(c) Loretta home-schools them.
(d) A Hebrew school.
2. Which character is central in Chapter 7 of the second book?
3. Why does Maureen enjoy the library so much?
(a) She hopes to meet a man there who can take her away from her family.
(b) She associates the stillness with a life she hopes to someday have away from her family.
(c) She knows an education is the key to rising out of poverty.
(d) There is a librarian there that she has a crush on.
4. How does Maureen feel about the loss of her notebook?
(a) She is furious at her sister's carelessness.
(b) She feels hopeless and doesn't know how to retrieve it.
(c) She is proud of herself for keeping duplicates of all of her notes.
(d) She is devastated by her own irresponsibility.
5. Why do Jules, Maureen, and Betty fail to bond with their parents?
(a) Loretta never wanted to have children.
(b) Loretta blames her children for her financial problems.
(c) Loretta's children blame her for the abuse they suffered at the hands of Mrs. Wendall.
(d) Their pervasive financial problems don't leave much time for bonding.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Loretta make money to support herself and her children?
2. How does the barn fire start?
3. How does Mrs. Wendall react to the barn fire?
4. What happens to Jules at school?
5. Why is the person Loretta goes to unable to help her?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)