Children of Silence, Chapters 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
1. In what city does most of the novel take place?
2. During what years does the novel take place?
(a) 1937 to 1967.
(b) 1917 to 1937.
(c) 1957 to 1977.
(d) 1967 to 1987.
3. Who is the first major character to be introduced?
4. How old is Loretta at the beginning of the novel?
5. What are the rumors circulating about Loretta at the beginning of the novel?
(a) She is an alcoholic.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She associates herself with the wrong kind of boys.
(d) Her father has been arrested.
6. Who is Brock, in relation to Loretta?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her son.
7. Who is Bernie Malin?
(a) Loretta's cousin.
(b) A boy Loretta has been seeing.
(c) One of Loretta's father's friends.
(d) One of Brock's friends.
8. What happens to Bernie?
(a) He is hit by a car and killed.
(b) His sister is kidnapped.
(c) He contracts a terminal illness.
(d) He is shot and killed.
This section contains 5,339 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)