|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do some people think about discontinuing the lottery?
(a) Some people want to change the date of the lottery.
(b) Some people want to hold the lottery twice a year.
(c) Some people want to make the lottery grander.
(d) Some people want to discontinue the lottery.
2. What does the lottery hint at?
3. Why does Tessie try to add her daughter's family to Bill Hutchinson's second drawing?
(a) She feels the need to have all her family with her.
(b) She wants her daughter to have a chance to win, too.
(c) The more people in the drawing, the greater chance she has of not getting the dot.
(d) She is trying to get the whole thing done over.
4. What holiday is mentioned in the story that suggests this village is in America?
(a) The 4th of July.
(b) Groundhog Day.
5. What trouble does Bobby Martin get into?
(a) He gets his clean clothes all dirty and has to go home and change.
(b) He puts the stones he collected in his pocket.
(c) He does not respond to his mother's call and his father reprimands him.
(d) He gets in a fight with another boy and has a bloody nose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What accusation does Tessie make to Joe Summers?
2. What is Mrs. Hutchinson's behavior as she makes her way to her family?
3. When is the lottery held each year?
4. Who helps hold the box to keep it steady?
5. What type of story is THE LOTTERY?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)