|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of story is THE LOTTERY?
(a) A satire.
(b) A drama.
(c) A history.
(d) A comedy.
2. How does Jackson suggest that tradition may be questioned?
(a) The village is getting smaller so tradition may die out.
(b) A lot about the lottery has been forgotten.
(c) Some people oppose the lottery and some villages have already stopped it.
(d) Old man Warner compares it to the Stone Age.
3. Though they do not remember all the ancient ritual, what do the villagers all remember?
(a) The burning of the box.
(b) The song.
(c) The march.
(d) The stones.
4. What does Mrs. Dunbar hold in her hands?
(a) The Hutchinson baby.
(b) More moderate stones than Mrs. Delacroix.
(c) A bag full of small stones.
(d) A slingshot.
5. How do most of the villagers appear to regard the lottery?
(a) They are confused about it.
(b) They do not like the suspense.
(c) They hate it.
(d) They look forward to it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is revealing about the social order of the village?
2. What does Mr. Graves carry onto the village square?
3. What is the traditional job of the village boys on Lottery Day?
4. What is Mr. Summers' position in the town?
5. Why does the lottery begin late in this village?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)