|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the traditional job of the village boys on Lottery Day?
(a) They keep the younger children off the grass.
(b) They play an exhibition football game before the lottery.
(c) They form an honor guard for the lottery box.
(d) They collect stones and bring them to the town square.
2. What is Tessie doing in the center of the circle of her friends, neighbors, and family?
(a) Dancing the lottery jig.
(b) Holding out her hands and crying that it is not fair.
(c) Sitting on a makeshift throne.
(d) Gloating that she is the winner.
3. Who is assigned to conduct the lottery?
(a) Mr. Graves.
(b) Mr. Martin.
(c) Mr. Hutchinson.
(d) Mr. Summers.
4. What is on Tessie Hutchinson's paper?
(b) A black spot.
(c) The number 6.
(d) A message.
5. What does Mr. Graves carry onto the village square?
(a) An American flag.
(b) A three-legged stool.
(c) A trumpet to begin the ceremony.
(d) A roster of the village people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Tessie by the time everyone has their stones?
2. What is the instruction given to the villagers about what to do after they have drawn?
3. What type of story is THE LOTTERY?
4. What are the men doing before it is time for the lottery to begin?
5. What does everyone get at this point?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)