|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many slips do the Hutchinson's take out of the box?
(a) Four. One for each the family members except the baby.
(b) Three. One for Bill, Tessie, and Bill, Jr.
(c) Five. One for each member of the family.
(d) Two. One for Bill and one for Tessie.
2. What is Old man Warner's meaning when he says lottery in June, corn harvest soon?
(a) He judges time by the lottery.
(b) He thinks that June is too soon for the lottery.
(c) He thinks the lottery magically makes the harvest good.
(d) He sees the lottery as a way to fill time until the harvest.
3. What is in the black box?
(a) Wood chips.
(c) Slips of paper.
4. Where is Tessie by the time everyone has their stones?
(a) With her family.
(b) In the center.
(c) Behind Mr. Summers.
(d) Running to hide.
5. What does everyone get at this point?
(a) Blank papers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets to go first in the second drawing?
2. Who is the first person called to draw for the lottery?
3. What is Jackson saying about tradition.
4. How many people live in the village?
5. Is Mr. Summers exempt from the lottery?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)