|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which stones are the most prized for use in the lottery?
(a) Shiny, decorative ones.
(b) Smooth, round ones.
(c) Hard, jagged ones.
(d) Heavy, flat ones.
2. What is the irony of Tessie Hutchinson drawing the black dot?
(a) She drew the dot because she was late.
(b) Tessie did not know the tradition.
(c) Dessenters are a threat to tradition and must be removed.
(d) She was the only one who protested the procedure.
3. What is the procedure after Bill reveals that his family is the one?
(a) The youngest Hutchinson will claim the prize.
(b) The village people will vote for their favorite Hutchinson family member.
(c) Slips will be put in the box for every member of the Hutchinson family.
(d) The Hutchinson family will draw straws to see who takes the prize.
4. Which man holds the winning paper?
(a) Old man Warner.
(b) Bob Martin.
(c) Mr. Graves.
(d) Bill Hutchinson.
5. Who will participate in the ritual?
(a) The children only because it is their holiday.
(b) All Tessie's friends, neighbors, and family members.
(c) The women because Tessie is a woman.
(d) Only the men of the village.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the age of majority in the village?
2. What does Jackson suggest about civic prominence in the character of Mr. Summers.
3. Though they do not remember all the ancient ritual, what do the villagers all remember?
4. What does Tessie's paper mean?
5. What finally happens with Tessie?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)