|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In general, what type of village is the setting of the story?
(a) A mining village.
(b) A retirement village.
(c) A manufacturing village.
(d) A farming village.
2. What is Mrs. Hutchinson's behavior as she makes her way to her family?
(a) Laughing and apologizing for being late.
(b) Somber and angry.
(c) Anxious and in a hurry.
(d) Perplexed and confused.
3. Who will participate in the ritual?
(a) All Tessie's friends, neighbors, and family members.
(b) The children only because it is their holiday.
(c) The women because Tessie is a woman.
(d) Only the men of the village.
4. What holiday is mentioned in the story that suggests this village is in America?
(a) Groundhog Day.
(b) The 4th of July.
5. Who helps hold the box to keep it steady?
(a) Several of the larger boys.
(b) Mr. Graves and Mr. Summers.
(c) Mr. Martin and his son.
(d) The mayor and the chief of police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tessie doing in the center of the circle of her friends, neighbors, and family?
2. What trouble does Bobby Martin get into?
3. What does Jackson suggest about civic prominence in the character of Mr. Summers.
4. Which man holds the winning paper?
5. What accusation does Tessie make to Joe Summers?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)