|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Tessie by the time everyone has their stones?
(a) Running to hide.
(b) In the center.
(c) With her family.
(d) Behind Mr. Summers.
2. What are the men doing before it is time for the lottery to begin?
(a) Standing together and talking about women.
(b) Standing in a group but not talking.
(c) Standing in a group talking about tractors and rain.
(d) Standing together and talking politics.
3. What is the instruction given to the villagers about what to do after they have drawn?
(a) They are not to look at thier papers untill all have drawn.
(b) They are to show their papers to everyone.
(c) They are to register with Mr. Graves as having drawn.
(d) They are to look at their papers but not show anyone else.
4. Is Mr. Summers exempt from the lottery?
(a) No. But he is the only one allowed to look into the box while drawing.
(b) Yes. Otherwise they would have to get a new administrator every year.
(c) No. He calls out his own name, too.
(d) Yes. But he makes a pretense of drawing anyway.
5. Who tells the boys what to do on the morning of the lottery?
(a) Their fathers.
(b) No one, they all know their responsibility.
(c) The village council.
(d) Their mothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who needs help from Mr. Graves to open his slip?
2. Why is everyone participating, even the Hutchinson children?
3. What is Jackson's main theme in the story?
4. What is the age of majority in the village?
5. Who is to draw for the Watson family?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)