|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the age of majority in the village?
2. What explanation does the late comer give for being late?
(a) She forgot what day it is.
(b) She overslept.
(c) Her clock had stopped.
(d) She had a cake in the oven.
3. What is Old man Warner's meaning when he says lottery in June, corn harvest soon?
(a) He thinks that June is too soon for the lottery.
(b) He thinks the lottery magically makes the harvest good.
(c) He judges time by the lottery.
(d) He sees the lottery as a way to fill time until the harvest.
4. What are some villages rumored to be doing with their lottery?
(a) Discontinuing it.
(b) Combining it with another holiday.
(c) Adding a consolation prize.
(d) Holding parades before the lottery.
5. How do they list the villagers before the lottery begins?
(a) By heads of families.
(b) From the youngest to the oldest.
(c) From the oldest to the youngest.
(d) In alphabetical order.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person called to draw for the lottery?
2. Is everyone present as the lottery ceremony begins?
3. What is Tessie doing in the center of the circle of her friends, neighbors, and family?
4. What is the atmosphere of the village as the lottery gets under way?
5. What does Tessie do with her paper?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)