|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Hutchinson's behavior as she makes her way to her family?
(a) Perplexed and confused.
(b) Laughing and apologizing for being late.
(c) Anxious and in a hurry.
(d) Somber and angry.
2. What is Jackson satirizing by having the children participate so willingly in the stoning?
(a) Parents who let their children run their lives.
(b) Bringing children up with adults' biases.
(c) Hansel and Gretle.
(d) Well behaved children.
3. What trouble does Bobby Martin get into?
(a) He gets his clean clothes all dirty and has to go home and change.
(b) He does not respond to his mother's call and his father reprimands him.
(c) He gets in a fight with another boy and has a bloody nose.
(d) He puts the stones he collected in his pocket.
4. Is Mr. Summers exempt from the lottery?
(a) Yes. But he makes a pretense of drawing anyway.
(b) No. But he is the only one allowed to look into the box while drawing.
(c) No. He calls out his own name, too.
(d) Yes. Otherwise they would have to get a new administrator every year.
5. Why can Clyde Dunbar not draw for his family?
(a) He is in the military.
(b) He is in the hospital.
(c) He is on duty as fireman.
(d) He is at home with a broken leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What serious formality occurs before the lottery begins?
2. Who helps hold the box to keep it steady?
3. How do they assemble when it is time to begin the ceremony?
4. Why are the children running around that morning?
5. What does everyone get at this point?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)