|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is stressed as important to the lottery all through the story?
(a) That it is a tradition that must be continued.
(b) That family is the least important thing in the village.
(c) That everyone does not need to be present.
(d) That everyone knows how the tradition began.
2. What does Jackson hint in the story when Tessie is very late arriving?
(a) That Tessie is a scatter brain.
(b) That Tessie is not originally from the village.
(c) That Tessie has a premonition of something bad.
(d) That Tessie is always late for everything.
3. Why is everyone participating, even the Hutchinson children?
(a) Because they are all hypnotized.
(b) Because they will be jailed if they do not.
(c) Because it is a village activity.
(d) Because they have nothing better to do.
4. What serious formality occurs before the lottery begins?
(a) The pledge of allegiance.
(b) The swearing in of the officials.
(c) The singing of the village anthem.
(d) The blessing of the box.
5. What trouble does Bobby Martin get into?
(a) He does not respond to his mother's call and his father reprimands him.
(b) He gets in a fight with another boy and has a bloody nose.
(c) He puts the stones he collected in his pocket.
(d) He gets his clean clothes all dirty and has to go home and change.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is everyone present as the lottery ceremony begins?
2. When is the lottery held each year?
3. Is Mr. Summers exempt from the lottery?
4. What is on Tessie Hutchinson's paper?
5. What is the procedure after Bill reveals that his family is the one?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)