|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do most of the villagers appear to regard the lottery?
(a) They are confused about it.
(b) They hate it.
(c) They do not like the suspense.
(d) They look forward to it.
2. What does Jackson suggest about civic prominence in the character of Mr. Summers.
(a) That everyone is equal regardless of wealth.
(b) That Summers has no real power in the village.
(c) That age is the criterion for civic leadership.
(d) That wealth is the standard for importance.
3. When Mr. Summers says it is time, what does everyone do?
(a) Drop their papers in the box.
(b) Look at their papers and hold them up.
(c) Tear their papers into small pieces.
(d) Look at their papers and not show them.
4. What does Mrs. Delacroix have in her hands?
(a) The Hutchinson baby.
(b) A huge stone.
(c) A chocolate cake.
(d) The lottery flag.
5. What serious formality occurs before the lottery begins?
(a) The blessing of the box.
(b) The pledge of allegiance.
(c) The swearing in of the officials.
(d) The singing of the village anthem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of story is THE LOTTERY?
2. What does everyone get at this point?
3. How many slips do the Hutchinson's take out of the box?
4. What does Mr. Graves carry onto the village square?
5. What does Tessie's paper mean?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)