|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Professor is to teacher as monk is to:
2. The implication that Daru is saddened by the Arab's choice is an example of:
3. Which of the following is a definition for moral?
4. Who is the first character to suggest that a war is imminent?
5. Which of the following would be a synonym for foreshadow?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you believe it is fair that Daru is held ultimately responsible for the decision made by the Arab? Support your belief.
Essay Topic 2
Daru asks if the prisoner speaks French and is told he does not. Imagine that Daru was unable to speak Arabic. How could the two characters communicate throughout the remainder of the story? Describe how they would communicate and how specific events of the story might be different if Daru could not communicate through language with the Arab.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing how Daru must feel after reading the threat left on his chalkboard. Support why you believe he would feel that way with details.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)