|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words has both a prefix and a suffix?
2. In what year did the Algerian war referenced in this story take place?
3. Which word best describes Daru's feelings at turning the Arab over to the police?
4. Which of the following is not a synonym for the term paradox?
5. Which of the following would best definition of the term perceiving?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the concept of humanity as it relates to this story. Include specific examples from the story to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss in-depth the moral dilemmas the character of Daru faces throughout the story. Be sure to include specific examples to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Do you believe it is fair that Daru is held ultimately responsible for the decision made by the Arab? Support your belief.
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)