|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The imagery of throwing pebbles in the snow reminds the reader of which story element?
2. Who is the author of this story?
3. Which of the following does not cause Daru to feel torn about the Arab?
4. The author expresses a paradox with which event in the story?
5. Which of the following words has both a prefix and a suffix?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what symbolism the author may use in this story. Include specific examples from the story to support your conclusions as related to symbolism.
Essay Topic 2
The Arab and Daru do not talk on the trip to the plateau much. Why don't you think they spend a lot of time talking? Use information from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 3
Describe multiple examples of isolation imagery used throughout the text. Be sure to include specific examples from the story.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)