|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is an antonym of ignorance?
2. Which of the following would be a synonym for foreshadow?
3. Which of the following words is a compound word?
4. Which of the following is the correct choice meaning to see?
5. The implication that Daru is saddened by the Arab's choice is an example of:
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe multiple examples of isolation imagery used throughout the text. Be sure to include specific examples from the story.
Essay Topic 2
Daru is faced with a decision in this story. Discuss this decision and how you would respond given the same set of circumstances. Use information from the story to support why you would make the choices you discuss.
Essay Topic 3
What conclusions can be drawn about the morality of the Arab from this story? Support your conclusions with specific examples from the text.
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)