|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which type of imagery is prevalent throughout this short story?
2. Which of the following would be a synonym for foreshadow?
3. Which of the following is the best definition of a paradox?
(a) Opposites attract
(b) Events which seem to contradict each other
(c) Opposite points of view
(d) Events which seem to support each other
4. Why is Daru no longer part of a shared community?
(a) He has refused to care anymore
(b) The soldiers do not like him
(c) He is the protagonist
(d) The schoolhouse is isolated
5. Which of the following would be an antonym for chaotic?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is an example of possible foreshadowing of a violent end for the Arab?
2. Which character stares out the window at a starless sky?
3. The imagery of throwing pebbles in the snow reminds the reader of which story element?
4. Which of the following would be the best definition for the term predicament?
5. If the Arab choices the south, what will he be subjected to?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)