|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which term could be used to describe what soldiers build when they share living quarters?
2. Which of the following would be the best definition for the term predicament?
(a) Helpful situation
(b) Understandable situation
(c) Dangerous situation
(d) Perplexing situation
3. What does the Arab actually do when he leaves the schoolhouse?
(a) Hide a weapon from Daru
(b) Get water and use the bathroom
(d) Clear a path for their journey
4. Professor is to teacher as monk is to:
5. How does the author say soldiers are brought together to become part of a shared community?
(a) Dreams and fatigue
(b) Dreams and goals
(c) Fatigue and alliances
(d) Fatigue and goals
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Daru in charge of as related to the Arab?
2. Which word best describes Daru's feelings at turning the Arab over to the police?
3. Which of the following is not a proper noun?
4. Who is the author of this story?
5. What could be said is used by the author to represent the anxiousness of Daru?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)