|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Doctor is to diagnosis as soothsayer is to:
(c) Fortune Teller
2. Noun is to fate as adverb is to:
3. The end of the Arab's freedom will cause which action definitely?
(a) Return of Daru to isolation
(b) The war to begin
(c) Daru's unhappiness
(d) Daru's return to the Army
4. Which word best describes what Daru did with the orders given to him by Balducci?
5. What does the Arab actually do when he leaves the schoolhouse?
(a) Get water and use the bathroom
(b) Clear a path for their journey
(c) Hide a weapon from Daru
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following word choices shows past tense?
2. Who is the first character to suggest that a war is imminent?
3. The author compares the Daru's life to that of a what?
4. What helps the reader to feel the suspense in the story along with the characters?
5. Which of the following words describes past tense?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)