|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many students are still in Daru's classroom as the two men approach?
2. In what geographical region is the schoolhouse located?
(b) River Valley
3. How far is it from the schoolhouse to Tinguit?
(a) 15 kilometers
(b) 20 kilometers
(c) 3 kilometers
(d) 10 kilometers
4. Which direction does the Arab finally choose?
5. Where in that city is the Arab to be taken?
(a) Another schoolhouse
(b) A family's home
(c) His cousins
(d) Police headquarters
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Daru think of as he looks out over the deserted land beyond the plateau?
2. What does Daru do when he has trouble sleeping?
3. How far of a walk would it be to reach the Nomads?
4. What is still displayed on the chalkboard in the classroom?
5. Why does Daru say that he is not worried about the enemy attacking the school house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Daru do when the Arab begins to speak after he has offered him two choices?
2. How does Daru feel about living in the desert region?
3. Why is Daru surprised he is bothered by the presence of the stranger in his room?
4. What imagery reminds the readers of the setting?
5. How is isolation portrayed by the setting?
6. How does Daru feel as he thinks about Balducci as he remembers him while waiting for the Arab to awaken?
7. What feeling does Daru have upon learning what crime the Arab is accused of committing?
8. Why is it appropriate that Daru dressed like a hunter?
9. Where was Daru part of a community of men?
10. How does Daru know the Arab does not fall asleep immediately?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)