|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Balducci prepares to leave, what does he want to do that Daru tells him not to bother doing?
(a) Tying the Arab's hands
(b) Handcuffing the Arab
(c) Cleaning up the mess
(d) Making more tea
2. Who does Daru think of as he looks out over the deserted land beyond the plateau?
(a) The Arab
(b) The police station
(c) His students
3. Where does Daru show the Arab after breakfast?
(a) Out the door
(b) The classroom
(c) The shed
(d) The horses
4. What does Daru do after he leaves the Arab and walks into the next room?
(a) Leaves the schoolhouse
(b) Makes more tea
(c) Builds a fire
(d) Lies on the couch
5. What do the words on the blackboard say?
(a) You handed over our brother. You will pay for this.
(b) You will pay for this.
(c) You handed over our brother.
(d) I want my brother back. You will pay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who would be waiting for the Arab in the East?
2. Why does Daru say that he is not worried about the enemy attacking the school house?
3. When Daru looks back toward the Arab a second time, what does he see?
4. Which of the following is not something Daru has in the schoolhouse?
5. How does Daru feel after reading the message on the blackboard?
Short Essay Questions
1. When will the villagers return to the schoolhouse?
2. What happens when Daru wakens the Arab?
3. What suggestion does Balducci make to Daru?
4. Where does Balducci tell Daru is their destination?
5. How does Daru feel about taking the prisoner to TInguit?
6. What does Balducci tell Daru that surprises him?
7. When do Daru and the Arab seem to be experiencing the same emotion?
8. What does Daru's life resemble?
9. What does Daru give to the students of the poor families when they come to the school?
10. Why does Daru leave the decision as to his fate in the Arab's own hands?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)