|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition for theme?
2. How does Daru feel about the journey in the morning?
3. Which of the following words is a compound word?
4. Which of the following word choices shows past tense?
5. Throwing pebbles into the snow reminds the reader of which emotion feeling Daru is experiencing?
(a) Frustration and terror
(b) Anger and revolsion
(c) Frustration and anger
(d) Guilt and anger
6. Flood is to rain as blizzard is to:
7. Which word best describes Daru's feelings at turning the Arab over to the police?
8. The implication that Daru is saddened by the Arab's choice is an example of:
9. Which type of imagery is prevalent throughout this short story?
10. If the Arab choices the south, what will he be subjected to?
(a) Continued life in the schoolhouse
(b) Total freedom
(c) Nomad law
(d) Police law
11. In this phrase, hunting jacket, the word hunting is an example of which part of speech?
12. Doctor is to diagnosis as soothsayer is to:
(c) Fortune Teller
13. Which of the following words is plural?
14. Noun is to fate as adverb is to:
15. East is to low plains as south is to:
(a) Chaotic mountains
(b) Chaotic landscape
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following would be the best antonym for the term boulder?
2. Which of the following word choices is not a verb?
3. What makes Daru anxious?
4. Which of the following words is a compound word?
5. The imagery of throwing pebbles in the snow reminds the reader of which story element?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)