|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the phrase, the Arab will obey nomad law, which word is an adjective?
2. Theme is to article as plot is to:
3. How does the author say soldiers are brought together to become part of a shared community?
(a) Fatigue and alliances
(b) Fatigue and goals
(c) Dreams and fatigue
(d) Dreams and goals
4. Which of the following words has a prefix?
5. Which of the following would be the best antonym for the term boulder?
6. Which word best describes Daru's feelings at turning the Arab over to the police?
7. Who is the author of this story?
(a) Albert Camus
(b) Daru Balducci
(c) Daru Camus
(d) Albert Balducci
8. When Daru wakes up the Arab who looks frightened. This is an example of what?
9. What could be said is used by the author to represent the anxiousness of Daru?
(c) False foreshawdowing
10. Throwing pebbles into the snow reminds the reader of which emotion feeling Daru is experiencing?
(a) Anger and revolsion
(b) Guilt and anger
(c) Frustration and terror
(d) Frustration and anger
11. Which emotion is shared by both Daru and the Arab when Daru awakens the Arab in the morning?
12. Which of the following is an example of possible foreshadowing of a violent end for the Arab?
(a) Daru waking up the Arab who is frightened
(b) Daru living alone in the schoolhouse
(c) Daru putting on a hunting jacket over his sweater
(d) Daru throwing pebbles in the snow
13. Which of the following would be a synonym for violent?
14. Isolation is to crowded as indefinite is to:
15. What does the Arab actually do when he leaves the schoolhouse?
(a) Hide a weapon from Daru
(b) Get water and use the bathroom
(d) Clear a path for their journey
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words is a compound word?
2. Hunter is to prey as student is to:
3. Arab is to murderer as Daru is to:
4. Which of the following would be the best definition for the term predicament?
5. What does Daru assume the Arab will do when he leaves the schoolhouse?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)