|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Arab actually do when he leaves the schoolhouse?
(a) Hide a weapon from Daru
(b) Get water and use the bathroom
(c) Clear a path for their journey
2. Which of the following would not be an accurate description of Daru's lifestyle?
3. Noun is to fate as adverb is to:
4. The end of the Arab's freedom will cause which action definitely?
(a) Daru's unhappiness
(b) Return of Daru to isolation
(c) The war to begin
(d) Daru's return to the Army
5. What could be said is used by the author to represent the anxiousness of Daru?
(c) False foreshawdowing
6. Which of the following is not a proper noun?
7. Which of the following is an example of possible foreshadowing of a violent end for the Arab?
(a) Daru living alone in the schoolhouse
(b) Daru putting on a hunting jacket over his sweater
(c) Daru throwing pebbles in the snow
(d) Daru waking up the Arab who is frightened
8. Which of the following words has both a prefix and a suffix?
9. Which of the following words describes past tense?
10. Which of the following would best definition of the term perceiving?
(a) Confusion caused by the senses
(b) To know without your senses
(c) To know using your senses
(d) To remain unknown
11. Daru is to hunter as Arab is to:
12. Which of the following is the opposite of the protagonist?
13. Which of the following is the best definition for forlorn?
14. Throwing pebbles into the snow reminds the reader of which emotion feeling Daru is experiencing?
(a) Frustration and anger
(b) Frustration and terror
(c) Anger and revolsion
(d) Guilt and anger
15. Which of the following descriptors could be not used to best describe the setting around the schoolhouse?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is an example of a paradox?
2. The author compares the Daru's life to that of a what?
3. How does the author say soldiers are brought together to become part of a shared community?
4. Which type of imagery is prevalent throughout this short story?
5. Which of the following words is not a preposition?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)