|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which direction does Daru head?
(a) Back to the schoolhouse
(b) He stays at the plateau
(c) Toward Tinguit
(d) Toward the Nomads
2. What does Daru tell the Arab when he wakes him up?
(a) Stay right here
(b) Run away
(c) Don't be afraid
(d) Let's eat breakfast
3. What does Daru put in his pocket before he goes into the next room?
(c) Signed paper
4. What does Daru do while the Arab washes up?
(a) Washes the dishes
(b) Loads his guns with ammunition
(c) Tidies up his bedroom
5. As Balducci prepares to leave, what does he want to do that Daru tells him not to bother doing?
(a) Cleaning up the mess
(b) Tying the Arab's hands
(c) Making more tea
(d) Handcuffing the Arab
6. What crime has the Arab committed?
(a) Stole from his wife
(b) Stole from his cousin
(c) Killed his cousin
(d) Killed his wife
7. Daru offers the Arab how much money?
(a) 1,000 francs
(b) 100 francs
(c) 2,000 francs
(d) 200 francs
8. Why prevents the Arab from taking the tea from Daru at first?
(a) He refuses the tea
(b) His bound hands
(c) His fever
(d) He does not like tea
9. Where do the men stop to rest?
(a) The town
(c) Tribe of nomads
(d) Sharp peak of limestone
10. How many students are still in Daru's classroom as the two men approach?
11. What position does Daru hold?
12. How many pupils does Daru have?
13. How did Balducci leave the schoolhouse?
(c) He couldn't leave
14. Where did Daru request to be stationed after the war?
(a) The base of the foothills
(b) In the village
(c) With many other people
(d) Post in the furtherest north post
15. What does Daru see as he looks out over the two different directions?
(a) Sky on the horizons
(b) The Arab
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is a gendarme for the French National Police?
2. What awes Daru as he rests with the Arab?
3. How far of a walk is it to Tinguit?
4. Who is considered the protagonist of this story?
5. What increases overnight?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)