Short Answer Key
1. Who is considered the protagonist of this story?
2. What position does Daru hold?
3. In what geographical region is the schoolhouse located?
4. What season does the story take place?
5. Where are the villages in relation to the schoolhouse?
Beneath the schoolhouse
6. What weather event has just occurred at the beginning of the story?
A three-day blizzard
7. What is the schoolmaster watching out the schoolhouse window?
Two men approaching the school
8. How are two men who are coming to visit the schoolhouse traveling?
One by horse, one by foot
9. How many students are still in Daru's classroom as the two men approach?
10. What is still displayed on the chalkboard in the classroom?
Picture of the 4 rivers of France
11. In what month does this story begin?
12. How long did the drought...
This section contains 2,177 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)